OzBomber

Brownlow Medallist
Oct 26, 2006
Walton Breck Rd
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Liverpool, Ricciardo
Hey guys so I've got a youtube account that's pretty popular (gillysbiggestfan. Has nearly 7,000,000 views on it) and I've recently had my most popular videos taken down (1.8mil views of a cricket video) due to a copyright claim. Except the claim wasn't from a cricket board or media network, instead it was from another youtube user. I checked his account and he has a similar (albeit a version from a tv show, not actually live and much poorer quality) version of the same event which he uploaded a year earlier than me and has minimal views in comparison. Does anyone know if I'd be able to make a counter claim to get the video back on air or would it still be kept down? I just find it unusual that another user can successfully make such a claim and get it taken down basically out of jealousy which could result in my account getting deleted and nearly 7 years of videos being deleted.

Thanks guys.

Google's DMCA process is automated. They take it down then work out the details later. You can argue it and while you are at it do a DMCA against him. His stuff will be taken down also. Show him 2 can play that game and he might think twice in the future.

Did you have a disclaimer? Saying something like " I don't own the rights to the original video"

That's like robbing a house and saying you didn't intend to sell the stolen goods so that makes it okay

Unfortunately it doesn't really fly in legal-land

Claim it, message the guy and prove to it and nicely ask him to contact Google and request to have his request forgotten about. Otherwise claim it.

Hey guys so I've got a youtube account that's pretty popular (gillysbiggestfan. Has nearly 7,000,000 views on it) and I've recently had my most popular videos taken down (1.8mil views of a cricket video) due to a copyright claim. Except the claim wasn't from a cricket board or media network, instead it was from another youtube user. I checked his account and he has a similar (albeit a version from a tv show, not actually live and much poorer quality) version of the same event which he uploaded a year earlier than me and has minimal views in comparison. Does anyone know if I'd be able to make a counter claim to get the video back on air or would it still be kept down? I just find it unusual that another user can successfully make such a claim and get it taken down basically out of jealousy which could result in my account getting deleted and nearly 7 years of videos being deleted.

Thanks guys.
Report the account for copyright and for impersonation because they seem to be using your videos as their own. Also do what traffic has come up with too.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back