Bendigo FNL 2017

Who will win this year's BFNL senior flag

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

come again?

Yer not sure what lingo he is selling there. I think the rebuilding of Kyneton into a regular finalist could take a bit longer than expected. They gave us a run in patches and they will win some games this year around the 5 to7 game mark Im guessing but predictions of a finals finish this year look premature. Got some good ones there including Weightman who will be known as a star of the league by seasons end but still have some battlers there.

We will find out more about our chances of breaking into the top 3 when we go to Strath on Saturday plenty of good signs but need to be able to do against the best.

Can the Flat beat the Square Friday Night? Be in with a decent show you'd think. Heard Corey Jones did the running for GS on Sunday so not sure how far away he is from that facial injury but should be a pretty tight game Id say.

was just saying the highlanders have nor the money or population to feed and field an army so will go elsewhere

Thats a rubbish post. Kyneton have 6500 population which is just under Gisbornes 7000 rough population. They are both in the same league and I think at present poles apart in many areas which I am sure will change over time.Plenty of clubs in Victoria dont have this size population and compete in major league football. The money will look after itself when the club starts to run and function again as a community hub and people have confidence in the direction the committee takes and sticks to its plan. Not every club can win a premiership every year and clubs can go through cycles of no real success but it does change over time. Kyneton are now having to do all the hard work again but guaranteed it will pay off as have seen it happen many times in country footy.

Yer not sure what lingo he is selling there. I think the rebuilding of Kyneton into a regular finalist could take a bit longer than expected. They gave us a run in patches and they will win some games this year around the 5 to7 game mark Im guessing but predictions of a finals finish this year look premature. Got some good ones there including Weightman who will be known as a star of the league by seasons end but still have some battlers there.

We will find out more about our chances of breaking into the top 3 when we go to Strath on Saturday plenty of good signs but need to be able to do against the best.

Can the Flat beat the Square Friday Night? Be in with a decent show you'd think. Heard Corey Jones did the running for GS on Sunday so not sure how far away he is from that facial injury but should be a pretty tight game Id say.
Flat will beat the square(just) if they play 4 quarters
seen both flat games this year and they play patches of football that would run over anybody but then disappear and leak consecutive goals

Flat will beat the square(just) if they play 4 quarters
seen both flat games this year and they play patches of football that would run over anybody but then disappear and leak consecutive goals
Couldn't disagree more. I've watched both Square and Flat this year and Square are a class above IMO. I am venturing out to the Magpies game tomorrow at Camp Reserve, should be a good tussle, esp after both teams put up a fight last week against Flat and Gisbourne. Hopefully Castlemaine can give their supporters a W

My tips this week

Gisborne over Kyneton by 2 points - potential upset of the season Tigers with some big inclusions
Square over Flat 9 points - Fev will kick 7
MB over CM by 24 points - Maine to give up half time lead
Strath over Sandhurst by 31 - Milne to get reported
eaglehawk over south - Filo BOG

I'm going to pick the Tigers to get up tomorrow, the Pioneers boys are playing as is big Thommo.
Fev to get the Flat over the line.
Castlemaine at home,
Sandhurst to push the Storm all the way, Storm just,
and Eaglehawk to get up by 3 goals plus.

Watched kyneton vs gisborne today. As a person who is an outsider of this league (I come from gfl) I was very interested to see how kyneton would go today. After a shocking 1st half buy kyneton and some great run and kicking buy gisborne the game looked finished at half time as gissy were up buy about seven goals kicking with a strong breeze it looked all over red rover. But the tigers played a great second half and ran them off there legs and if not kickin 9.22 to 13.9 the tigers should have won easy. People writing off kyneton early is premature, they are a new team 3 games into a year. I honestly think they will cause some headaches in the back half of the year as long as they keep relatively injury free, (depth looked a little worrying). I think people will sit up and take notice next year if the tigers can keep the same list and add a bit of depth. I believe watching them today it will take at least 9 rounds for them to gel properly and play consistent football instead of patchy football, which makes them very dangerous for 2015 which is how kyneton should be looking at it, the big picture!

How did Fev go?
Kicked 4 goals; 3 in the first half, Flat were 27 points up and Golden Square stormed home to win it, even with Rosa going off in the 2nd quarter and taking no part thereafter.

Full credit to Sandhurst today Dragonfly. Your boys were very impressive and made great first use of the ball, whereas the Storm boys over possessed and provided far too many turnovers by kicking it long and into no one in particular. The Strath brains trust will definitely need to re-think their forward line structure when Milney is not playing, as it only produced 1 in 2 and a half quarters. Sandhurst are definitely going to go deep in this year's finals series, barring any major injuries and would be my smokey to go all the way.

On a separate matter, I've noticed that AFLCV/BFNL are now flogging off gameday photo's commercially on their re-vamped website. I wonder if the players who are being photographed have consented to this, and or are receiving any royalties of this new arrangement, I doubt it ! Another case of the BFNL lining their own pockets at the players expense.....

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Full credit to Sandhurst today Dragonfly. Your boys were very impressive and made great first use of the ball, whereas the Storm boys over possessed and provided far too many turnovers by kicking it long and into no one in particular. The Strath brains trust will definitely need to re-think their forward line structure when Milney is not playing, as it only produced 1 in 2 and a half quarters. Sandhurst are definitely going to go deep in this year's finals series, barring any major injuries and would be my smokey to go all the way.

On a separate matter, I've noticed that AFLCV/BFNL are now flogging off gameday photo's commercially on their re-vamped website. I wonder if the players who are being photographed have consented to this, and or are receiving any royalties of this new arrangement, I doubt it ! Another case of the BFNL lining their own pockets at the players expense.....

Yeah plenty of good signs at the Dragons mate the boys are playing some sharp Footy and expectations of the Season are probably rising by the week but in saying that we know the next time we play Strath they will be strengthened somewhat. Fitzy is doing a good job with the Coaching and the boys are responding well to him.

The Photos situation wouldnt be different to a Newspaper selling them would it? and Im not sure sales would be too frequent but the league does look to have a real commerical mindset atm.

Eaglehawk look like they will be a good chance of playing finals taking into account the results of the first 3 Rounds. Are people rating them above a Kangaroo Flat to play finals? although Gisborne probably havent played quality oppostiion too see where there at just yet either.

Yeah plenty of good signs at the Dragons mate the boys are playing some sharp Footy and expectations of the Season are probably rising by the week but in saying that we know the next time we play Strath they will be strengthened somewhat. Fitzy is doing a good job with the Coaching and the boys are responding well to him.

The Photos situation wouldnt be different to a Newspaper selling them would it? and Im not sure sales would be too frequent but the league does look to have a real commerical mindset atm.

Eaglehawk look like they will be a good chance of playing finals taking into account the results of the first 3 Rounds. Are people rating them above a Kangaroo Flat to play finals? although Gisborne probably havent played quality oppostiion too see where there at just yet either.

Dragons are looking OK. Reckon they have to put a few together against the top sides until I get excited though. Top 5 sides are pretty even.

I have seen a lot of bendigo footy over the past 10 years, what I will say is that Benny Weightman game for the Tigers was the best individual performance I have ever seen . 8 goals from the midfield 40 plus possessions and just a class above anything I have ever seen.

As for the Tigers in general. What a day for the club with two outstanding wins in both the seniors and reserves. A year is along time in football and to see the reward for all the hard work that has been put in by many individuals is a credit to them and the community. Let's just hope this is one of many more wins for the seniors

I have seen a lot of bendigo footy over the past 10 years, what I will say is that Benny Weightman game for the Tigers was the best individual performance I have ever seen . 8 goals from the midfield 40 plus possessions and just a class above anything I have ever seen.

As for the Tigers in general. What a day for the club with two outstanding wins in both the seniors and reserves. A year is along time in football and to see the reward for all the hard work that has been put in by many individuals is a credit to them and the community. Let's just hope this is one of many more wins for the seniors
Good to see
but now asks as many questions as it answers
How far can they go ?
But where is South ?

Good to see
but now asks as many questions as it answers
How far can they go ?
But where is South ?
Don't underrate South, they were very unlucky not to knock off Square 2 weeks ago.... Kyneton are the real deal I think

Don't underrate South, they were very unlucky not to knock off Square 2 weeks ago.... Kyneton are the real deal I think
As much as Weightman was good what is Kynetons depth like ?
With the Flat winning shows that mid pack will be close

Whats the real deal mean? If you mean a flag contender your wrong if you mean a side that is competitive regularly then your closer. They will win 6 to 7 games I reckon. And South??? Don't under rate them?? They are 0-4 and are shot they played well against Square granted but every other week they have been ordinary out of finals contention for mine.

It was a terrible game today at QEO Sandhurst were terrible with their ball use particularly kicking on goal and just look a lethargic unit altogether. Maryborough had a crack but didnt have the weapons to make us pay and win the game.

Where are Castlemaine at kicking 2 goals in front of a big home crowd? including 1 from a 50 metre penalty for an incorrect return of the Footy. They were terrible there are 7 or 8 blokes in their side that look like they have been dragged off the street. Would anyone hazard a guess what Castlemaine's financial situation is? Because they just need some better cattle simple as that.

Strath stilll flag favourite for mine after all that.

Back