Other Darts - World Champs, Premier League, Ranking Events

Remove this Banner Ad

Missed them. Looked at the scores and looked to be some god games.

I did see that Anderson won last nights Player Championship beating Andrew Gilding 6-5 with an average of 111.47 to Goldings 107.70.

Amazing scoring.

Lewis vs Anderson was a cracker.
Jackpot jumped out to a 4-1 lead before going off the boil and Anderson stringing 5 legs in a row.
Hard 2 darts IIRC at a double to go 6-4, missed and Lewis won the next 3 legs.
Amazing watching the game with all the tension sport brings eating my breakfast.

Newton and Whitlock out of the Premier League this morning.
Gotta hand it to Peter Wright though. Came from relatively nowhere to make the final of the World Championships and finished second only to MVG after judgement night this morning.

Taylor looks to be re-capturing his form and could still win the PL.

Taylor looks to be re-capturing his form and could still win the PL.

He's looking MUCH better - he's pretty much stopped that drift to the left. I thought he was going to be relegated for sure at one point.

Also thought Thornton was having a heart attack at first when he started stumbling around on stage !

He's looking MUCH better - he's pretty much stopped that drift to the left. I thought he was going to be relegated for sure at one point.

Also thought Thornton was having a heart attack at first when he started stumbling around on stage !

Did Thornton stumble off the ockie (sp?) and then into the ref?
He was fortunate the glass table was there otherwise he might have stumbled right off the stage.
Hurt himself, but he actually threw better immediately after the stumble.

Did Thornton stumble off the ockie (sp?) and then into the ref?
He was fortunate the glass table was there otherwise he might have stumbled right off the stage.
Hurt himself, but he actually threw better immediately after the stumble.

Haha yes - could have been a lot worse !!

I recall he got a very quick 180 whilst he was grimacing in pain.

Well done to our young up and coming Kyle Anderson who had his best tourney since turning pro.
Player Companionship #6 Kyle had the following run:-
1st round Kyle Anderson 6-4 Stuart White.
2nd Kyle Anderson 6-5 Darren Webster. Good player Webster.
3rd Kyle Anderson 6-4 Mark Walsh. Old pro Walsh and back in his day top 10.
4th Kyle Anderson 6-4 Kevin Thomas
1/4's Kyle Anderson 6-3 James Wade. Say no more
Lost in the semis to Ian White one of the most feared floor players in the PDC 6-1. Earned himself £2,500.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

German Masters on at the moment. Big loser was barny who lost to Ray Baxter. I can watch this one via a betting site account. I do not bet and have had the $10 account open for about 4 years now. Worth the cost for live darts that are not televised.

One result that did catch my attention was Dean Winstanley 5-6 Steve Douglas. Never heard of Steve Douglas. read his wiki and when I read this I laughed.

"Douglas suffered a heart attack on 13 December 2012[2] and required a stent to be fitted after a blood clot was found in his coronary artery. Douglas made a swift recovery and was able to compete in the 2013 World Championships. Douglas stated that he asked his doctor if he was OK to play darts, the doctor said it shouldn't be a problem as long as it wasn't too stressful, however Douglas omitted the fact that he would be playing on live TV at the World Championships.[3]"

I love the premier league but tend to prefer the lessor tournies. For those interested tonights draw. Not sure what session I watch as yet. Either early to bed early to rise. These 2 games stand out for me.
Kim Huybrechts v Paul Nicholson
Adrian Lewis v Andy Smith

Sunday April 20
Second Round
Afternoon Session

Jamie Caven v Andrew Gilding
Robert Thornton v Vincent van der Voort
Justin Pipe v Stephen Bunting
Andy Hamilton v David Pallett
Mervyn King v Michael Smith
Wes Newton v Jarkko Komula
Steve Beaton v Steve Douglas
Dave Chisnall v Steve West

Evening Session
Peter Wright v John Henderson
Brendan Dolan v Kirk Shepherd
Kim Huybrechts v Paul Nicholson
Adrian Lewis v Andy Smith
Phil Taylor v Magnus Caris
Michael van Gerwen v Jyhan Artut
Ian White v Ronnie Baxter
Simon Whitlock v Jani Haavisto

Just bought our tickets for the final day of the Perth Masters being held here in August. Can't wait to see some of the biggest names in world darts through the bottom of a pint glass.

German Darts Masters
Sunday April 20
Second Round
Afternoon Session

Jamie Caven 1-6 Andrew Gilding
Robert Thornton 3-6 Vincent van der Voort
Justin Pipe 4-6 Stephen Bunting
Andy Hamilton 4-6 David Pallett
Mervyn King 5-6 Michael Smith
Wes Newton 6-4 Jarkko Komula
Steve Beaton 6-2 Steve Douglas
Dave Chisnall 6-3 Steve West

Evening Session
Peter Wright 5-6 John Henderson
Brendan Dolan 6-4 Kirk Shepherd
Kim Huybrechts 6-1 Paul Nicholson
Adrian Lewis 6-3 Andy Smith
Phil Taylor 6-0 Magnus Caris
Michael van Gerwen 6-0 Jyhan Artut
Ian White 6-5 Ronnie Baxter
Simon Whitlock 6-4 Jani Haavisto. Simon had an 108.21 average, the highest of the tournament so far as he reeled off winning legs of 12, 14, 13, 13, 14 and 13 darts.

Third Round
Brendan Dolan v Stephen Bunting
Vincent van der Voort v Ian White
Andrew Gilding v Michael Smith
Dave Chisnall v Phil Taylor
Kim Huybrechts v Adrian Lewis
John Henderson v Simon Whitlock
Steve Beaton v Wes Newton
Michael van Gerwen v David Pallett

Chissy Taylor looks the best match. Impresses with Palett. A fine young player coming up through the ranks.

Just bought our tickets for the final day of the Perth Masters being held here in August. Can't wait to see some of the biggest names in world darts through the bottom of a pint glass.

Do you know how many of the big names are coming out?

Do you know how many of the big names are coming out?

Whitlock, MVG, Taylor, Lewis, Wright and Chisnall are confirmed so far.

After last night I"m going to put a couple on Anderson to win. Peaking at the right time I reckon. Should have beaten Barney by a couple of more legs.

After last night I"m going to put a couple on Anderson to win. Peaking at the right time I reckon. Should have beaten Barney by a couple of more legs.

Yeah you're right. Would have to be the form player of the 4 coming into finals night.
Feel a bit for Peter Wright though. Spent 13 of the 15 weeks in the top 4, only to lose a bit of form late in the PL.
Bring on Friday morning!

Yeah you're right. Would have to be the form player of the 4 coming into finals night.
Feel a bit for Peter Wright though. Spent 13 of the 15 weeks in the top 4, only to lose a bit of form late in the PL.
Bring on Friday morning!
Not scoring as heavily as he was a while back but he is nailing his doubles at the moment. Also in a better head space this year. Recall him saying he wasn't enjoying playing this time last year.

Not scoring as heavily as he was a while back but he is nailing his doubles at the moment. Also in a better head space this year. Recall him saying he wasn't enjoying playing this time last year.

Had his first child not that long ago, so that might have given him a bit more clarity and focus.
Should be a great game between him and MVG.

Taylor will get inside Barney's head and will pretty easily IMO.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back