Competitions 2014 DT/SC Questions, Discussions etc

Remove this Banner Ad

Very tempted to take a huge punt on Trent West, thoughts? Do you guys reckon he can average close to a 100?

With Rich and Hanley now out, does that solidify Cutlers JS for the short-medium term? Cheers in advance, really like the look of the kid

I've got west in an ultimate footy draft league as a back up ruck. 3 x 80 scores so far this season, considering him in front of Ryder if he returns so for my type of dream team format West has been quality.

Does Maguane return this week lads? He's on the free agents in my comp and with limited forwards, if he's going to return he could be handy!

It certainly doesn't hurt Cutler's chances, although we are carrying a lot of kids, so he is going to be a vest risk. Whether he stays in 2 weeks when Hanley is back is unknow. McGuane is a chance this week, Lester can also come in. Green should be back next week so the squeeze on spots will start. Even if he keeps his spot, his chances of a vest would have to increase.

McGuane played 3 quarters in the 2nds on the weekend, I would expect him to be named.

Injuries will ensure they get some more games, Cutler should be safe until Hanley gets back at the very least. We wont want to keep playing so many young players once we get some senior players back however. Green might be back next week, Hanley a few weeks after and hopefully Beams not far behind. If they are playing well enough I think we will play them, but I think our preference would be to play maybe 2 of Aish, Taylor, Robbo and Cutler at a time, and be able to rotate them in and out so they dont get over worked. Cutler is a sneaky chance to take Rich's spot across HB being he is out for the year though.

Cutler and Robbo should be able to string a nice patch of games together in order to get you a nice price increase

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Injuries will ensure they get some more games, Cutler should be safe until Hanley gets back at the very least. We wont want to keep playing so many young players once we get some senior players back however. Green might be back next week, Hanley a few weeks after and hopefully Beams not far behind. If they are playing well enough I think we will play them, but I think our preference would be to play maybe 2 of Aish, Taylor, Robbo and Cutler at a time, and be able to rotate them in and out so they dont get over worked. Cutler is a sneaky chance to take Rich's spot across HB being he is out for the year though.

If you had to choose between the two, who would you get (Cutler and Robbo)?

Agree probably cutler. Leppa moved Rich and Hanley to the back line to use their kicking and skill coming off HB, with Rich gone for the year I think Cutler could keep that spot. Robbo will feel more of a squeeze with the likes of Raines and Polks doing well in the seconds, O'Brien also performing well along with Crisp. Beams also hopefully not far off, so there are a few players that could play his inside role.

Agree probably cutler. Leppa moved Rich and Hanley to the back line to use their kicking and skill coming off HB, with Rich gone for the year I think Cutler could keep that spot. Robbo will feel more of a squeeze with the likes of Raines and Polks doing well in the seconds, O'Brien also performing well along with Crisp. Beams also hopefully not far off, so there are a few players that could play his inside role.

Some helpful info on here so thanks guys! Just wondering if you could give me more of an idea of the type of player Cutler is as I missed the game last Thursday? I am looking at bringing in Cutler and Robertson for rd 10 bye cover and cash cows. Cutler seemed to score well but is he more of a small key position player or a running half back etc. If I bring Cutler in I will have to start him on my field so I need 70's out of him. A hard call for me this week so any help would be appreciated. cheers:D

Some helpful info on here so thanks guys! Just wondering if you could give me more of an idea of the type of player Cutler is as I missed the game last Thursday? I am looking at bringing in Cutler and Robertson for rd 10 bye cover and cash cows. Cutler seemed to score well but is he more of a small key position player or a running half back etc. If I bring Cutler in I will have to start him on my field so I need 70's out of him. A hard call for me this week so any help would be appreciated. cheers:D

Very much the running rebound defender. There is talk of him eventually pushing up on the wing. Most impressive thing so far has been his composure and his ball use. Running at 81% or something like that at the moment for DE and appears that way when you watch him too. Seems to have a good head on his shoulders and has adjusted to the pace of the game very well so far. Given Rich is out and our iffy disposal I would have him pegged in for a fair few games on what he has shown, especially given our gameplan will rely a bit on good disposal. However who knows he could very well miss this week, but i would consider that unlikely. Plenty to like about him and I have him coming into my team pending team lists tonight.

I will be watching Cutler with interest this week with Hanley back in the team. Under Leppa, Hanley has been killing it, and there is a chance Cutler might slip under the radar of teams, getting free and racking up some ball. Those 2 could form a nice little partnership in the back half, and god knows with the way the likes of Patfull, Golby and Lisle have been using the ball back there, we need some good rebound and kicking skills. I think we will be looking to give off to these 2 where possible to move the ball forward.

Do you guys reckon Taylor will start sub? Don't know if I should get either of Robbo or Cutler as it seems they have pretty shaky JS.

Its hard to say, any of the young players would have to be a vest risk. Red vest for a youngster is likely this week also, we usually sub on a small for a tall, but we've gone in shorter this week. The likes of Aish and Taylor could do with a rest, and the sub vest is one way to do it without dropping them.

I would guess cutler would be the least likely to cop green or red, still being pretty fresh. Robbo might get red this week, he has faded late in games. All guess work though.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back