Alien/UFO Aliens

Remove this Banner Ad

So they can't reproduce, they clone? So what happened when the first Grey sprang up into existence? Did he look about him and say, "Right. Best I invent a cloning machine so's I have someone to carry on after me."
A touch far fetched.
The explanation was they used to reproduce normally but switched to cloning for some reason :confused:

This is the plot of Destroy All Humans...
Hmmm maybe the game designers know something we don't :eek:

If aliens are visiting this planet then there are things to consider:

- We are hostile. We have weaponry that can take out half the planet and a long history of demolishing each other over things like resources, religion, land etc. Come to this planet any day of the year and there will be humans fighting and killing humans somewhere.

- We are curious in nature and would intend on finding our way to their planet if we find the ability to do so.

- Aliens likely come from a place rich in resources and other things we'd like to get our hands on such as technology. They would see us as a huge threat to their species and planet. Disease contamination would be a concern.

- Just because Aliens have the technology to get here doesn't mean they have weaponry. There is every chance they are a peaceful species and may be horrified by our behavior. Even if they did have advanced weaponry which is above our own, doesn't mean we are no threat as our weapons technology is still good enough to do tremendous damage.

- Us getting our hands on their technology would be very dangerous and risky to them as it may give us a means to get to their planet which makes us a threat.

If aliens are coming here then there is every reason they are being extremely careful not to make themselves known. If they are coming here, they are doing so as spys and doing their best to be undetected you would imagine.

Yeah thats why. Never mind the time and resources wasted on filming nothingness.
lol, considering how big of a discovery it would be the cost and effort of setting up some cameras and checking when they were 'abducted' would be absolute peanuts.

I definitely believe.

What do you guys think about the "Wow!" signal? That's really fascinating. If you ask me, I say it's chatter between two spaceships that we happened to eavesdrop on by chance.

I'd love for contact to happen myself. Would be amazing. I agree that they've been around for a long time and would have destroyed us if they wanted to. I also believe different races have visited - some hostile, some friendly. I think some of our resources would be very valuable as they are somewhat rare in the universe. Specifically gold and water.

Water and gold are quite abundant. Mars is a good example - 10% of the soil is water. Europa has plenty of it.

Water? Check.
http://www.universetoday.com/87669/...ered-in-space-30-billion-trillion-miles-away/

Diamonds? Check.
http://www.space.com/18011-super-earth-planet-diamond-world.html

If aliens have worked out interstellar travel, then I think an entire universe rich with resources becomes open to them. There are literally billions of Earth-like planets in the Milky Way alone. I don't think they'd risk war with us, no matter how easy we'd roll over, for resources they could obtain anywhere.

What's the one resource that we have that would be in high demand? Our DNA. How would aliens consider that? Would they farm us or study us?

laws of physics are universal
The laws of physics doesn't necessarily prevent interstellar travel.

Space itself can go however fast it wants to, the expansion of the universe is apparently moving faster than the speed of light. The trick though is obtaining this "negative energy" to warp space and have it push a stationary object to its destination. And scientists are unsure it even exists.

I definitely believe.

What do you guys think about the "Wow!" signal? That's really fascinating. If you ask me, I say it's chatter between two spaceships that we happened to eavesdrop on by chance.

Water and gold are quite abundant. Mars is a good example - 10% of the soil is water. Europa has plenty of it.

I agree regarding the WoW signal, so fascinating.
I also believe it could have been communication from a planet or spacecraft hundreds of lightyears away.
Probably not intentionally directed at us we just got lucky and heard it.

This is one of the star systems around where the signal came from
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tau_Sagittarii
Good chance of intelligent ET's living on a planet there, imagine massive civilizations.
Mind boggling!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The big problem is sheer numbers..here on earth we live very short lives.. 80 years maybe.. on a very small planet that takes up a very small space in a galaxy of maybe 200 billion other planets that we know almost nothing about. Thats just OUR Galaxy, there are billions of galaxies with billion of stars planets etc..acks..the numbers are on such an immense scale that its too much for an average human mind to comprehend. Then there's time..again we're talking billions of years here so it's really just a word, most of us don't understand the scale of billions of years..we reckon 100 years is a long time!.

So on the maybe 1,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000 planets in our known universe (I don't even know what that number is..just got it off a couple of websites) there is life that could possibly be a million or a billion years ahead of us in technology..why not? The Universe is 14 billion years old so whats a billion years here or there? Now look at our own technology..forget millions or billions, just look at how far we've come in the last 100 years..the last 50 years..the last 20 years. Can you imagine what it's going to be like in a 1000 years or even a million years if humans are still around and developing technology? It's just too hard to comprehend so most people just don't even try..easier to dismiss thn to try to comprehend those kind of numbers and admit..hey, our planet, our lifespan, our time developing technology.. LOL pissant within that massive scale!

OP yes I totally believe in life on other planets, I believe there are civilisations so advanced to ours that we can't yet comprehend what they know..just like our great great great grandparents would keel over if they saw how we live today. And I believe they come here and have been coming here for a very long time. I believe they take samples and also kidnap and experiment on people just like we do to insects and lesser life forms..its just part of developing our knowledge and they are developing theirs.

Whilst I'm sure that they exist somewhere is the incredible vastness of the universe I've seen zero credible evidence that aliens are visiting us.
Why should you have? But doesn't mean others haven't or are fools or lying if they say they have.

It's believed that human intelligence arose because of a genetic defect, a malfunction that spread throughout the particular strain of ape-like creatures at a time when several lived on earth at the same time, and led to our conquest of the planet...

This happened in the last million years or so. Some believe (although this is being challenged) that some species of dinosaurs were developing what looked like the next step in intelligence, before they were cut short by mass extinction. Imagine the meteor missing 63m years ago, and these dinosaurs instead evolving into god knows what...what if they instead experienced this mutation...?

Imagine an earth-originated reptilian civilisation taking to the stars...one, ten, fifty or even sixty two million years ago...!

It's believed that human intelligence arose because of a genetic defect, a malfunction that spread throughout the particular strain of ape-like creatures at a time when several lived on earth at the same time, and led to our conquest of the planet...

This happened in the last million years or so. Some believe (although this is being challenged) that some species of dinosaurs were developing what looked like the next step in intelligence, before they were cut short by mass extinction. Imagine the meteor missing 63m years ago, and these dinosaurs instead evolving into god knows what...what if they instead experienced this mutation...?

Imagine an earth-originated reptilian civilisation taking to the stars...one, ten, fifty or even sixty two million years ago...!
Ahhh the mind boggles, it's a beautiful subject :)
Anyone who thinks they 'know' something are full of themselves. We don't yet know shite about shite except our incredibly small selfish little world.

I think my favourite moment in Battlestar Galactica was the finale, when it was revealed that the entire story had happened 150,000 years ago...the idea that Star Wars happened a long time ago also appeals, and goes back 25,000 years before that, according to the lore...very cool thinking about impossibly ancient things...

Saw this 18 month old article on anther forum today. Tis interesting re Australia and UFOs.

Secret UFO files released

Read more: http://www.smh.com.au/technology/sc...es-released-20120804-23mhq.html#ixzz2x2dBcPnA
It is probably the closest Australia has come to scrambling fighter jets to intercept a UFO.

Documents that have just become available under the 30-year rule at the National Archives of Australia reveal how two RAAF Mirage jets were placed on the second highest level of alert to determine the cause of unidentified radar contacts seen on screens at Mascot.

The ''X Files'' viewed in Canberra also give details of other unexplained sightings, some of which are supported by witness statements to police.

Read more: http://www.smh.com.au/technology/sc...es-released-20120804-23mhq.html#ixzz2x2d9shIy

Saw this 18 month old article on anther forum today. Tis interesting re Australia and UFOs.

Secret UFO files released

Read more: http://www.smh.com.au/technology/sc...es-released-20120804-23mhq.html#ixzz2x2dBcPnA
It is probably the closest Australia has come to scrambling fighter jets to intercept a UFO.

Documents that have just become available under the 30-year rule at the National Archives of Australia reveal how two RAAF Mirage jets were placed on the second highest level of alert to determine the cause of unidentified radar contacts seen on screens at Mascot.

The ''X Files'' viewed in Canberra also give details of other unexplained sightings, some of which are supported by witness statements to police.

Read more: http://www.smh.com.au/technology/sc...es-released-20120804-23mhq.html#ixzz2x2d9shIy

Love this bit:

He wrote: ''The lines of communication, extending as they did across the width of an entire corridor, seem to have been insufficient for the purpose.''

He added rather dryly: ''Fortunately there was no temptation to launch aircraft and add to the fuel bill occasioned by use of the RAAF Datsun.'

Read more: http://www.smh.com.au/technology/sc...es-released-20120804-23mhq.html#ixzz2xEW3epkQ

They did a documentary on that.

Was called V.

This report from the Gold Coast just today.

wide_UFO-620x349.jpg

A commercial pilot with more than 30 years' experience has been left scratching his head over mysterious lights he saw over Caloundra on Good Friday.

The pilot, who does not want to be identified, said he had never seen anything through the cockpit window that compared to the experience.

It has the self-confessed "world's greatest sceptic" questioning everything he believes about UFOs.

The Pelican Waters man was admiring the sky with friends about 8pm last Friday when they first saw two coloured lights in the sky.

Read more: http://www.brisbanetimes.com.au/que...r-caloundra-20140421-36znr.html#ixzz2zUmzo5wX

Remove this Banner Ad

Back