The Ultimate Fighter TUF Brazil - Sonnen vs Wanderlei

Remove this Banner Ad

So Wanderlei still hasn't signed a contract to fight. Surely this should have been worked out prior to TUF Brazil to prevent something like this from happening?

So Wanderlei still hasn't signed a contract to fight. Surely this should have been worked out prior to TUF Brazil to prevent something like this from happening?
Is it only Dana White who's saying that? If so, I don't know whether to believe him. All I've heard him say is that Wanderlei hasn't signed to fight and it has something to do with the show. Which to me comes off as him trying to get more fight pass subscribers. Maybe he's telling the truth but I just don't believe much of what he says any more.

Is it only Dana White who's saying that?
I was actually referring to Sonnen's twitter (reliable source I know). Seems like a strange way to get people to subscribe though pretending like the fight may be off? Most people would watch anticipating the fight at seasons end.

The whole situation is just weird.

I was actually referring to Sonnen's twitter (reliable source I know). Seems like a strange way to get people to subscribe though pretending like the fight may be off? Most people would watch anticipating the fight at seasons end.

The whole situation is just weird.
I don't think Dana was pretending that the fight may be off, he just said that the contract hasn't been signed yet. I read it as something so outrageous happens that he won't sign the contract yet, but we'll get it sorted in the end. Maybe it is a legit issue though, I don't know.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Haven't watched any of this season thus far, maybe I'll watch the fights at some stage. Haven't watched the brawl either because seeing the preview video the UFC put up before the season started of the brawl was cringeworthy enough. It's terribly embarrassing whether it's real or fake.
Agreed, I think a series like this (similar to rampage and rashad) pushes mma backwards and fires the crowd of those who think its just a bloody street fight. In other words not a fan and have not watched any of it myself

That dog coach on Silvas side who hit Chael needs to be ****** off for good. Put him in the cage with Sonnen if he wants a shot. ******* dog.

The fact that he was so proud of it afterwards too made it even worse. They're the exact sort of dickheads who shouldn't be in the fight game.

On the latest episode, Dana White told Dida (André Amade, Muay Thai Coach on Team Wanderlei) that he doesn't want him on the show anymore and to leave immediately. Great move IMO. Don't need that sort of crap or people with that idiotic mindset in MMA. Wanderlei and Sonnen got a deserved dressing down for their actions too.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back