RDFL 2014 Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Anyone get up to Broadford for their Swap Meet on Easter Monday? Usually a pretty good, well run day. I didn't get up for a look but hope the crowd was as good as normal and the site bookings big too.

Chasing any under 18.5's players that want a game and can't get one at their normal club give me a call 0421619259. No strings attached, we just want to give our boys a chance to play as we are struggling for numbers and everyone knows that under 18.5s' are a clubs lifeblood for the future.

Calling all Wallan Past Players and Officials

Reunion day on Saturday 3 May at Greenhill Reserve - game against Lancefield.

See attached flyer for details

Come along and catch up with some old friends ....

Attachments

• Wallan Football Club - Past Players day 2014.pdf
    44 KB · Views: 15
Calling all Wallan Past Players and Officials

Reunion day on Saturday 3 May at Greenhill Reserve - game against Lancefield.

See attached flyer for details

Come along and catch up with some old friends ....

Love the concept of "past player" days. Couple of clubs Ive been associated with do them regularly, it's something all current committee's and especially players should get onbaord with. Here the tales of the past, meet the old legends who built the club that you are currently mere holders of the baton or "custodians" of. Who knows, some may even learn a bit about respecting the past .....

Last edited:
Love the concept of "past player" days. Couple of clubs Ive been associated with do them regularly, it's something all current committee's and especially players should get onbaord with. Here the tales of the past, meet the old legends who built the club that you are currently mere holders of the baton or "custodians" of. Who knows, some may even learn a bit about respecting the past .....
Speaking of respecting the past, how many young blokes would be up getting ready for a dawn service. RESPECT.

Speaking of respecting the past, how many young blokes would be up getting ready for a dawn service. RESPECT.

Most wouldn't be home yet, let alone thinking about attending ha ha!!! I know a few mates who coach have actually run buses into the Shrine as a group, and a couple of other clubs I follow request players attend their towns service in formal club gear to show their respect.

Hats off to the Kilmore community, our service is getting bigger, this morning was the biggest crowd I've seen there since I've lived in town.

It's slowly growing legs and maybe for 100th anniversary of the Gallipoli landing we will see more of the youngsters get onboard. I guess its hard when war and relative history isn't exactly touched on at school, I know in the late 80's/early 90's we weren't taught it ..... thank god for the internet, family members who have served and days like this

Yep it's true. Apparently Rockbank had two ex AFL players come in this week. I'm still in shock though. Massive turnaround. Can anyone that was there give us a run down of what happened?

Sent from my C625b using Tapatalk

Yep it's true. Apparently Rockbank had two ex AFL players come in this week. I'm still in shock though. Massive turnaround. Can anyone that was there give us a run down of what happened?

Very disappointing by the SKFNC seniors today, kudos to the rams totally out played us. All I can say is glad it has happened now.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

One Ex AFL player in Malcolm Lynch, really proud of the boys efforts today, 22 contributors who just worked all day.

I just wanna send a shout out to IMS. Sadly due to a $hitload of work/overseas travel he has been forced to pull back his commitments at Rockbank. I don't know of anyone else who has the passion (or knowledge) of the RDFL landscape.

No doubt you would've have a fair say in how the Rams went about their win today. Good on you and all the players/coaches as I have no doubt that Meach's boys will be fine and will bounce back next week ..... but for the comp's sake we really needed a win like this to breathe some life into the bottom half of the table :thumbsu:

Whilst it may be the end one chapter, knowing the man I'm sure that once life balances out again he'll find a way to contribute somewhere as he loves his local footy.

Had a geez today at this game and rock bank were good. Congrats guys. Did sunbury have heaps out? I think so

The highest level of respect for Sunbury and Meach in particular, there were no excuses or blaming umpires or aliens or bears from the woods...

The Rams players worked hard yesterday and deserve the kudos for the result.

Lookout once the Redbacks straighten up their goalkicking

Some ominous signs from the Redbacks without doubt at the moment... 17.22 last night, they were a bit inaccurate against Broadford too if I remember correctly?

that is a big call doona if wallan wont make anyniroads then surely you cant say kilmore will. other than an actual goalkciker where has that list improved. as dismayed has stated wallan have a fair draw

Wallan won't get anywhere near the Top 6 Cal.
Yes they have quiet a good goal kicker but if the delivery is poor or it just isn't getting in the 50 then they have got Buckley's against the leagues big boys.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back