O'Dwyer Medal: N Morrison
Leading goal kicker : cupido
Reserves: Finley or moama
Biggest improver: Moama
Biggest slider: Deniliquin / Mulwala
Rising star: Levi Middleton

Not sure United will be there mate.....ship needs to be righted

What happened at the nest ringo??

Look there was a newspaper article that didn't read well for the coach and offended a lot of people associated with the club. I hope they can get back on track, especially after Beattie has done such a great job as a coach and figurehead of the club.

Few meetings taking place I imagine.

Look there was a newspaper article that didn't read well for the coach and offended a lot of people associated with the club. I hope they can get back on track, especially after Beattie has done such a great job as a coach and figurehead of the club.

Any updates with the united situation ? Beattie is such a great leader and coach easily the best we have got in the murray league . If he goes I don't like united chances of going back to back

Sportsbet odds out today:

Echuca 2.85
Moama 4.00
Rumbalara 5.00
Barooga 6.00
Finley 6.00
Numurkah 8.00
Cobram 21.00
Congupna 21.00
Deni Rams 31.00
Tongala 34.00
Mulwala 41.00
Nathalia 51.00

Looking forward to watching round 1 this week. My source from the big smoke tells me the Dixon boys are traveling very nicely for Barooga, could be over the odds there! Also not sure i agree on bigkev86's O'Dwyer medal tip, heard that Morrison has been overseas in a large paddock for pre-season? Can bigkev86 shed any light on this? Heard he lacks speed also, but i've never seen him play.

Echuca 2.85
Moama 4.00
Rumbalara 5.00
Barooga 6.00
Finley 6.00
Numurkah 8.00
Cobram 21.00
Congupna 21.00
Deni Rams 31.00
Tongala 34.00
Mulwala 41.00
Nathalia 51.00

Looking forward to watching round 1 this week. My source from the big smoke tells me the Dixon boys are traveling very nicely for Barooga, could be over the odds there! Also not sure i agree on bigkev86's O'Dwyer medal tip, heard that Morrison has been overseas in a large paddock for pre-season? Can bigkev86 shed any light on this? Heard he lacks speed also, but i've never seen him play.

I wouldn't have rumba so far up just yet....... But footy's back this weekend, CANT WAIT!!!!!

Echuca 2.85
Moama 4.00
Rumbalara 5.00
Barooga 6.00
Finley 6.00
Numurkah 8.00
Cobram 21.00
Congupna 21.00
Deni Rams 31.00
Tongala 34.00
Mulwala 41.00
Nathalia 51.00

You've got Nathalia way over the odds Johnny. They've recruited well and will play at least one final imho mate.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Six bucks for the cats... Get on board and pay for your footy trips. That's if there big centre half forward can get his kicking boots on.

Echuca 2.85
Moama 4.00
Rumbalara 5.00
Barooga 6.00
Finley 6.00
Numurkah 8.00
Cobram 21.00
Congupna 21.00
Deni Rams 31.00
Tongala 34.00
Mulwala 41.00
Nathalia 51.00

Tips round 1

Round 1 12th April

Tongala v Echuca United 60
Congupna v Rumbalara 23
Numurkah
v Finley 13
Deniliquin v Mulwala 35
Moama v Barooga 10
Cobram v Nathalia 36

Round 1 done and dusted as we're all underway.
I'm after feedback from anyone on anything, but I've got a few points I'd like to raise, the first being was Pettifer playing for the purps a surprise to everyone or just me? Seems he had a day out and the purps are gonna be around the mark, is anyone (bystandingbackman) willing to give us some feed back from the game??

Shock of the round for me definitely the Barooga upset. I noticed Moama had a few out, but Barooga seem to be a completely different outfit. I know it's only 1 game but are barooga that good or was moama that bad??

Most other results would of went as people predicted apart from the Finley numurkah game?? I thought numurkah would of had Finley's measure, but not to be It seems.

On Rumba vs Congupna- I don't reckon the score reflected the actual standing of the teams. I think both we're better then what they served up but that'll come as the season kicks on. No offence to the Road, but there oval was in horrible condition and affected the standing of the game. On a better note I thought the umpiring was really good. Rumba's still got a little bit of work to do but will be better then last year.

Round 1 done and dusted as we're all underway.
I'm after feedback from anyone on anything, but I've got a few points I'd like to raise, the first being was Pettifer playing for the purps a surprise to everyone or just me? Seems he had a day out and the purps are gonna be around the mark, is anyone (bystandingbackman) willing to give us some feed back from the game??

Shock of the round for me definitely the Barooga upset. I noticed Moama had a few out, but Barooga seem to be a completely different outfit. I know it's only 1 game but are barooga that good or was moama that bad??

Most other results would of went as people predicted apart from the Finley numurkah game?? I thought numurkah would of had Finley's measure, but not to be It seems.

On Rumba vs Congupna- I don't reckon the score reflected the actual standing of the teams. I think both we're better then what they served up but that'll come as the season kicks on. No offence to the Road, but there oval was in horrible condition and affected the standing of the game. On a better note I thought the umpiring was really good. Rumba's still got a little bit of work to do but will be better then last year.
Didn't seem to be any surprises, agree thought Moama would get closer, but still expected Barooga to win. Pettifer was just a one off I believe, back to Yarra next week.

Interesting round of footy this week.
Firstly I must say there nothing quiet like playing a night game. Numurkah got the jump on us early in the first quarter and dominated us at everything, especially contested ball, conversion. But thankfully it took us 3 quarters but we finally got on top. It was a close contest for most of the night, and I don't believe the final score reflected how tight it was. Also it was great to see so many numurkah personal in the social club after the game, it made for a great little atmosphere.

I caught up with one of the moama boys after the game, and he filled me in on their win over united. I thought united would of gotten up base on last weeks results of both teams. But he said Moama won fairly easily, and that united are in a bit of trouble. He also said Barooga definitely the team to beat this year, as they just couldn't find an answer for them last week.
Anyone else able to elaborate on any of the other games?

The Barooga Vs Cobram game was very one sided, only early but looking like it may be a very long year for the tigers. Barooga played some very slick footy in the second half especially. On the pre season games I've seen and current form I'd still say Finley may be the team to beat, with Echuca, Moama, Rumba and Barooga not far behind. Early signs are it could be very open come Septembe.

The word from the boys over the other side of the river is regardless of the outcome of the current investigation Sam is no longer associated with the Barooga Football club in anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back