General motorsport news thread

Remove this Banner Ad

They should look at buying new fences.

Most Speedways replace them after 3 years because they start getting weak from been out in the weather

http://espn.go.com/video/clip?id=10695512&categoryid=5595394

WARNING: There are images of her burns in the video and they are not nice so if you can't handle that sort of thing I wouldn't watch the video.

Thought I might put this story recently aired in the US here. I remember finding out about her story whilst browsing a website looking for the new chassis' the site had for sale a few years ago. She's quite a talented driver, being one of the frontrunners in the 360/358(?) sprintcar category in her area. It's not the first fire of it's sort in America (See Doug Wolfgang from the early 90's) and sadly it probably won't be the last. Safety at some tracks is at nowhere near the standard as it is in Australia.

With the speedway fencing, some tracks use detatchable individual fenceposts, so you can just undo the clips at the points they are fastened to lower down, remove the pole and then put a spare one in its place. Western Springs Speedway in New Zealand use that method and I think Speedway City in Adelaide use a similar model with their fences.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Who is it and how big must his balls be ?!?!?! Late late braking into the Chase !!!!

Would love the on board of Jensen Buttons lap in the F1 car too

not a a bad start for webber, 3rd.

Yep good start in the Silverstone 6 Hour [well 5hr 20 min]
Not a great race for the Audi's.I think one of the marshalls looked as though he wanted to thump the driver of the 2nd Audi that crashed.Eventually the Audi guy got his car moving,only to spin in the gravel trap as both front wheels were stuffed.Bet the marshall told him he wouldn't get far.

Need a World Endurance Championship thread. ;)

Watch the Silverstone 6 hour race just for interest sake and didn't mind it. Needs more cars on the grid and maybe more prototypes and manufacturers. Not so keen on the GT class cars as there is already fully fledged FIA championship for them but is fun seeing the prototypes race around the GT's

Looking forward to the Spa Francorchamps 6 hour race next round. Fantastic track, well suited to these types of cars.

Need a World Endurance Championship thread. ;)
I'm not sure about this season. But in other years, it doesn't generate a lot interest.

Watch the Silverstone 6 hour race just for interest sake and didn't mind it. Needs more cars on the grid and maybe more prototypes and manufacturers..
For as long as I've known (about 25 years), sports prototypes don't really generate big numbers, except for Le Mans. It's a fringe form of motorsport.