How much longer can Priddis be debated?

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have heard it all now.
Priddis gets too much of the ball to be a good player.
You're not going to convince with that one.
Your explanation for this really lacks substance.
The object of the game is to get the ball.
The more you have the ball in your possession the larger the chance of winning.
Pretty basic stuff.

Nope, you have it wrong again. The object of the game is to kick a higher score than your opponent. If you can't use the ball well then you cant do that. It really is that simple. What good is getting the ball 400 times if you can't kick a winning score? WCEvsPORT was a good game in example. We controlled the game for 3/4 odd but couldn't kick a winning score because of good defence and poor disposal going forward.

You are failing to convince me this is not personal, though it's possible I'm conflating you with some of the nuffies who are resorting to name calling and other personal attacks. It's a long thread and since I had kids my memory isn't what it used to be.

While I'm rapt with how important you think Matt is to our team as his player sponsor, I think you overestimate his importance to the team. If he lifts his disposal efficiency a bit and the other mids pull their weight too we'll be fine. We may not win a premiership during his career, but then again how many players do during their careers? Nathan Buckley was widely regarded as being able to play a bit but he retired without one (just to keep in the theme of comparing players in a totally disconnected fashion that runs deeply in this thread).

Priddis has never managed an average of more than 26.9 touched per game in his career, so despite your impressive use of caps you're talking out of your bottom.

Clearly your only option is to keep explaining.

Or we win a flag with Priddis in the team and you look bloody stupid. I do get that you don't think this will happen by the way. It's not a problem of communication we're having, it's just that I disagree with you based on the knowledge of others who are actually involved with the club in an official capacity.

Gastro.

In the absence of a statistically significant sequence of games that demonstrate that the new coach is wrong, I will instead assume he's right based on nothing more than I like him more than I like you (and, he's like qualified and stuff).

You know some coaches are right, right?

I was actually not expecting you to admit that.

However the balance of probabilities based on skillset points at them being right and you being wrong. Bet I can find more forum posters that were wrong about something than you can find coaches who were wrong about something.

When I do statistical analysis I don't cherry pick my starting point.

And for the eleventy billionth time, I disagree with your assessment, because people who get paid to have an opinion do not share yours.

Matt Priddis doesn't get 35 touches every week, but I vaguely remember covering that earlier. It's good that you can guess what the coach is thinking. Maybe you can apply for a job as his assistant? Or maybe you can't because you're not even slightly qualified?

Try to do more than deflect when having a discussion, it doesn't actually acheive anything other than reveal how much you don't actually know.

Try to do more than deflect when having a discussion, it doesn't actually acheive anything other than reveal how much you don't actually know.

How much does it bother you? I admitted being clueless about 7 pages back. What you've failed to do is to give any reason why your opinion is more valid than Simpsons, or Worsfolds for that matter.

His disposals are atrocious but thats not his role. His role is to get in there and get the ball to an outside mid. He did his job but noone was willing to help him out i.e. Gaff, Shep, Masten, Shuey. They were all terrible and should be embarrassed.

I hope you don't mind Champ but this time last year this thread was started and many were opposed to the thread. Many have changed their tune because no matter who the coach is or no matter who is in the midfield group nothing changes because of Priddis. The mid structure revolves around Priddis and everyone else has to sacrifice their talents and game to suit him.

It's a disgrace.

How much does it bother you? I admitted being clueless about 7 pages back. What you've failed to do is to give any reason why your opinion is more valid than Simpsons, or Worsfolds for that matter.

Clearly my opinion is more valid than Worsfolds because the club moved him on based on poor performances. He put his coaching career on the line with the mids he had including Priddis as the number one and it cost him his career at the Eagles. If we had been winning more games then he would still be our coach.

The jury is out with Simpson. He is a new coach and doesn't actually have a lot of options right now. He may do in the future or he may make a big call and reduce Priddis' playing time or he may ride with him like Woosha and hope that it turns around.

But game after game we sit watching Priddis butcher disposal after disposal. Simpson won't tolerate that for long. He can't.

I hope that a lot of you watched the hawks v cats game today. The game now is all about having a strong, flexible midfield.

End of story. We are a million miles from these two teams. We may as well be playing on the fricken moon!

Clearly my opinion is more valid than Worsfolds because the club moved him on based on poor performances. He put his coaching career on the line with the mids he had including Priddis as the number one and it cost him his career at the Eagles. If we had been winning more games then he would still be our coach.

The jury is out with Simpson. He is a new coach and doesn't actually have a lot of options right now. He may do in the future or he may make a big call and reduce Priddis' playing time or he may ride with him like Woosha and hope that it turns around.

But game after game we sit watching Priddis butcher disposal after disposal. Simpson won't tolerate that for long. He can't.

You have a mighty high opinion of yourself don't you. Your opinion is clearly more valid than a double premiership captain and premiership coach because something you think happened might have happened.

Also accusing Priddis of ending Worsfold's career is as big a stretch as I've seen in the few years I've been coming here, which is an impressive achievement when you think about it.

You have a mighty high opinion of yourself don't you. Your opinion is clearly more valid than a double premiership captain and premiership coach because something you think happened might have happened.

Also accusing Priddis of ending Worsfold's career is as big a stretch as I've seen in the few years I've been coming here, which is an impressive achievement when you think about it.

No you misread. I didn't accuse Priddis of ending Worsfolds career. Stop reading what I didn't write. Here it is again:
"He put his coaching career on the line with the mids he had including Priddis..."

Every coach stakes their career on the players they have and want to keep. It's that simple.
My opinion is based on the FACT that Worsfold is no longer our coach. Simple. He said he wanted to stay and then 3 weeks later he resigned. It's pretty clear wouldn't you say?

I hope that a lot of you watched the hawks v cats game today. The game now is all about having a strong, flexible midfield.

End of story. We are a million miles from these two teams. We may as well be playing on the fricken moon!

Hang on. We have a champion Midfielder in Priddis. He could match it with them...oh we played Geelong last week didn't we.

No you misread. I didn't accuse Priddis of ending Worsfolds career. Stop reading what I didn't write. Here it is again:
"He put his coaching career on the line with the mids he had including Priddis..."

Every coach stakes their career on the players they have and want to keep. It's that simple.
My opinion is based on the FACT that Worsfold is no longer our coach. Simple. He said he wanted to stay and then 3 weeks later he resigned. It's pretty clear wouldn't you say?

I would not say, because life is more complicated than that. You're making a mighty assumption and you have absolute certainty that your interpretation is correct. Which basically makes anything you say highly questionable because you don't appear to experience doubt.

Unless you have some proof you'd like to share with the rest of us?

You did say your opinion is more valid than Woosha's though didn't you Smotie? You're not denying that though are you mate?

Given that Woosha coached a premiership side and missed by less than a goal to win a second, you're obviously someone to be reckoned with.

Why not have a crack at AFL coaching Smotie? You could attach your bigfooty posts to your CV as a 'highlights reel' of sorts. You're wasted as just another irrelevant nobody in the cyber wilderness punching angry words in the keyboard and frothing at the mouth at the mere mention of the name 'Priddis'.

If flexibility is our new mantra, then why isn't Priddis played in the forward pocket, off the bench or as a sub...not just in the one position?

Hang on. We have a champion Midfielder in Priddis. He could match it with them...oh we played Geelong last week didn't we.

Poor Hawks . They need 2 get rid of Mitchell only 25 possessions at a lousy 60% DE. Absolutely disgusting effort.
And Geelong won despite Guthrie who only got 14 possessions at 57% DE they need to get rid of both these guys.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You did say your opinion is more valid than Woosha's though didn't you Smotie? You're not denying that though are you mate?

Given that Woosha coached a premiership side and missed by less than a goal to win a second, you're obviously someone to be reckoned with.

Why not have a crack at AFL coaching Smotie? You could attach your bigfooty posts to your CV as a 'highlights reel' of sorts. You're wasted as just another irrelevant nobody in the cyber wilderness punching angry words in the keyboard and frothing at the mouth at the mere mention of the name 'Priddis'.

lol you are funny. On the issue of the midfield my opinion is more valid, I have already explained why. He lost his job over it didn't he?He was clearly wrong wasn't he? I was calling out Priddis over 2 years ago. I validate my own opinion to myself. I made some calls early last year on Big footy and yes I love my calls because they were right. I called Kerr's career over last year and a few others and I even called Woosha's career at the Eagles over at round 5 last year. Awesome isn't it? Being right is grand, maybe you should try it. ;):rolleyes:

I should try coaching but I don't have the temperament :p

We're not as far off as you think. If Priddis moves on we'd have a better idea of where we're actually at.

Poor Hawks . They need 2 get rid of Mitchell only 25 possessions at a lousy 60% DE. Absolutely disgusting effort.
And Geelong won despite Guthrie who only got 14 possessions at 57% DE they need to get rid of both these guys.

:eek:

lol you are funny. On the issue of the midfield my opinion is more valid, I have already explained why. He lost his job over it didn't he?He was clearly wrong wasn't he? I was calling out Priddis over 2 years ago. I validate my own opinion to myself. I made some calls early last year on Big footy and yes I love my calls because they were right. I called Kerr's career over last year and a few others and I even called Woosha's career at the Eagles over at round 5 last year. Awesome isn't it? Being right is grand, maybe you should try it. ;):rolleyes:

I should try coaching but I don't have the temperament :p

Lol Smotie but the Melbourne Comedy Festival is over - your entry is too late.

You called Kerr's career over last year - Wow, that's really something mate. You really went out on a limb there. Personally I thought he'd break Michael Tuck's games record but there you go - you obviously saw something others hadn't even dreamed!

Lol Smotie but the Melbourne Comedy Festival is over - your entry is too late.

You called Kerr's career over last year - Wow, that's really something mate. You really went out on a limb there. Personally I thought he'd break Michael Tuck's games record but there you go - you obviously saw something others hadn't even dreamed!

lol
I actually called Waters career over because of injury last year but we will see how he goes. Hopefully not, we need him back and firing again.

lol
I actually called Waters career over because of injury last year but we will see how he goes. Hopefully not, we need him back and firing again.

Wow, do you really think so Smotie? He seems ready to tear the comp apart to me.

Any insights on Butler mate? We're all expecting him to be part of the next flag push...

No!
Opinion , more valid than Worsfold.
Stretching it a bit there Smotie.

If flexibility is our new mantra, then why isn't Priddis played in the forward pocket, off the bench or as a sub...not just in the one position?
Because they (the coach) understand how much of a liability he's be out of his gifted midfield position. The penny hasn't quite dropped about his deplorable output in the middle yet.

* a duck, we'd become even more of a laughing stock. Opponents would run off him at will, even moreso than in the midfield.

Just thinking about his role in the middle. Could you imagine if you were his team-mate in the middle. You'd have no respect for a plodder, none whatsoever. You'd lose your desire to play your best as you cannot cover a Garden Gnome liability that plays next to you.

Haha I love this thread. So many cheap laughs from these people

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back