Preview Rnd 6 - Carlton vs West Coast Saturday 26th April 2014 @ Etihad 4.40pm - Team post #536

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I said possibly drop Rowe in saying that I would happily do it if Watson is fit. Watson is younger and better. Rowe is 26 and makes me nervous every time he gets the ball. Kennedy and Darling are MONSTERS compared to what Rowe faced yesterday.
Personally I don't think Rowe will be on the list next year.

Fair enough. Personally I think Rowe is better at shadowing his man and not letting him get ahead of him too far. He and White did a great job in the absence of Jamo and Hendo from the backline.

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2014-04-21/kick-in-the-guts

The Eagles have lost to Port Adelaide and Geelong in the last two weeks and Darling believes another loss at the hands of the struggling Blues at Etihad Stadium would unacceptable.

"It would be a kick in the guts," he said.

Spose he'll be diving like a swallow

Anyone got the Darling diving gif.....?

Last edited:

Rowe also offers flexibility, he can go forward, take a grab and not a bad kick for goal, clearly mick is liking him

Yep. I saw his stats before I saw the match. The two don't correlate.

Rowe did a good job even though there were times things could have got messy.
At 198cm. he may just be the preferred option to handle one of their talls.

some very frustrating outs!

OUT: Bell, Judd, Curnow

IN: Robinson, Graham, Menzel

Reasons
Robinson - With who is out, he needs to play.

Graham - Want to see him play in Curnow's role, really think this is a good avenue for him to senior footy.

Menzel - Feel his pace will be handy over there.

Mclean - Will probably get picked ahead of Graham, not sure this helps us to go forwards, his pace is an issue and this is a big ground.

Possible - Buckley/Holman.

With the injuries we really need onballers.

The 3 outs are the injured.
Ins: Graham, McLean and Cachia. Though I would love to see Docherty and Holman get a run!!!

Doubt we'd take too many newbies in even though I think it freshens us up.

Yep. I saw his stats before I saw the match. The two don't correlate.

Rowe did a good job even though there were times things could have got messy.
At 198cm. he may just be the preferred option to handle one of their talls.

Hasn't kicked a goal this year mind you, but he hasn't done anything to warrant being dropped, particularily if Jammo doesn't get up..

This game will be tough

Maybe won in the coaching box?

Reasons

Graham - Want to see him play in Curnow's role, really think this is a good avenue for him to senior footy.

Mclean - Will probably get picked ahead of Graham, not sure this helps us to go forwards, his pace is an issue and this is a big ground.

Games at Etihad ;)

Reasons

Don't think Menz will get up, hope i'm wrong

Reasons

It's at Shitihad

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Don't be surprised should Armfield be included.

He's coming from some way back post knee injury but a good week on the track and he'll be in.

I didn't think Army loved this game as much as I've seen him love it in the past couple of weeks. Won't be lost on the coaches.

Great to hear, how was his games in the NB's?

Don't be surprised should Armfield be included.

He's coming from some way back post knee injury but a good week on the track and he'll be in.

I didn't think Army loved this game as much as I've seen him love it in the past couple of weeks. Won't be lost on the coaches.

Be wrapt to see him back in, didn't realise he'd been injured, hopefully he's still got the dash.

100 odd games, played in every finals game since 2009, kicks a sausage ...............like him.

Rowe also offers flexibility, he can go forward, take a grab and not a bad kick for goal, clearly mick is liking him

I'd play Rowe in the backline for the rest of the year. Getting a bit better each week he plays there and the next 2 weeks will be a great test for him.

The fact that we were able to have Hendo play forward for a whole game yesterday speaks volumes about how well Rowe and White held down their positions, I think. I know, it was "only the Bulldogs", but they'll only improve if they're left there to do so.

I'm excited (and a bit nervous) to see the baggers back it up this week. I wanna see what they've got.

I too have been surprised how well Rowe moves for someone who is 198cm tall. Doesn't look too fazed at handling the ball at ground level or in the air. Just needs to keep improving his awareness and some disposal errors.

I'd really like Jeffy to play, especially if Menz doesn't get up. As good as we were yesterday, I felt the ball came out of our forward line a little too easily. Jeffy showed in the VFL yesterday an improved attitude and I'm willing to back him in and bring back that forward pressure.

Wonder if Walker might go to Darling on Saturday? Gives away a couple of centremetres, but will be able to go with him on the ground and potentially run off him. Going to be key how we get our defensive matchups this week.

Interesting, WCE get their mids forward of the pill, maybe they are one way runners, haven't avalanched the scoreboard in the last couple of weeks.

Unfortunately for us, we have to shuffle our mid-fielders, your little mate Murphy was good both ends.

If we go s**t or bust in a shoot out (how many cliches in that), reckon we'd get them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back