Goulburn Valley FL 2014

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just watched the interview of Craig Bamford with Foxy on the GV site. A terrific job done by Foxy and what does show through is just what a humble champion Bamford is. If you haven't seen it do your self a favour and have a view. Foxy at his best talkin' footy and the journey with a great player of our league, well done!!!

The way Rochy played wont worry any of the top sides. Continually chipping short to poor options in defence and a lack of heat around the footy made Ky look better than they are. Ash Watson is a great player, but gee I thought his effort was ordinary. He would have had 30+ possies but they were all off dinky handball receives running behind the player in possession and short kicks to questionable options . 90% of these were inside Rochy's own defensive 50. A classic example in the second quarter was a short kick and run for a handball receive short kick, run10 metres to receive the handball and another short kick. The next kick was a turnover which resulted in a handball receive to Ky to kick a goal. 4 possies but still hadn't exited the KY 50. He just didn't hurt KY at all with his ball use. Of all his possies, would have had less than 5 that were contested, but he wasn't the Lone Ranger in that regard. Rochy's key forwards would have been so frustrated with the way the ball was being brought out of defence. Both their leg speed and ball movement continually going wide was too slow. Whitey has a lot of work to do IMO and it needs to start with a rethink of the game plan.

So you are trying to say that Rochys game plan made the reigning premier look better than they are? I agree that Rochy were ordinary but how about giving ky some credit. Their relentless tackling and aggression at the ball which was their biggest assett last year was on full show, this forced the tigers to panic with ball in hand. Most sides in the comp struggled with this last year and will again this year if ky bring their a game. Rochy will be a factor this year but will need to improve big time from that performance. They have too many good players that were down on the night which wont happen too many times. Tat v Rochy this week should be a cracker.

I see Rochy and Peter White are still going well hahaha! Another truck load of wasted money spent on the wrong recruits...Rochy are the head chockers under White

I see Rochy and Peter White are still going well hahaha! Another truck load of wasted money spent on the wrong recruits...Rochy are the head chockers under White

Chokers or Chockers?
Rochy's season so far - 1 win & 1 loss to last years premiers and this years favourites Ky.

You might have gone off a bit early in your pants again this early in the season. Come back round 18 and then spruik about the season but 15 rounds to early. If I use your logic Tat's gone as well?

Bit Harsh, but on White, 2012 his first year finished 2nd [ out in straight sets, two massive losses to Tatura and Seymour] 2013 finished 4th [ lost first final] one would think that 2014 they would need to win a final wouldn't they.

Bit Harsh, but on White, 2012 his first year finished 2nd [ out in straight sets, two massive losses to Tatura and Seymour] 2013 finished 4th [ lost first final] one would think that 2014 they would need to win a final wouldn't they.

Not sure that Chopper can be judged on two rounds of footy. Ky to me are the side to beat and Rochy struggled against them. They got over the line against Echuca and these two sides always have a pretty close match. No doubt he probably needs to win a final in his third year.

Not sure that Chopper can be judged on two rounds of footy. Ky to me are the side to beat and Rochy struggled against them. They got over the line against Echuca and these two sides always have a pretty close match. No doubt he probably needs to win a final in his third year.

underplaying it a bit, "Rochy struggled against them", they were outplayed from first bounce onwards, at no stage did they show anything. It wasn't that they got beaten easily it was how they got beaten. you cant get a positive out of it for Rochy, their recruits gave them nothing. their game style, especially against a team that everyone knows how they play wasn't changed, played into Ky's style.

How do Ky rate to last year? 2 zip wins, last year 2 zip losses? Nothing said about them, only how bad Rochy are. Ky have lost two standouts in Beck and Morris, have plenty who needed the run and arguably played as good as they did last year?

underplaying it a bit, "Rochy struggled against them", they were outplayed from first bounce onwards, at no stage did they show anything. It wasn't that they got beaten easily it was how they got beaten. you cant get a positive out of it for Rochy, their recruits gave them nothing. their game style, especially against a team that everyone knows how they play wasn't changed, played into Ky's style.

How do Ky rate to last year? 2 zip wins, last year 2 zip losses? Nothing said about them, only how bad Rochy are. Ky have lost two standouts in Beck and Morris, have plenty who needed the run and arguably played as good as they did last year?

As a team I think you will always look for a positive in a loss like that to build on. 2 rounds in not sure why everyone is writing teams off. I dont think Rochy will be top 4 but I think they will make the 6. Seymour have lost 2 games in a row is it all over for them for the year? Tat lost to Ky, should they give it up? Footy changes so quickly with injuries and form that at the start of the year every club believes they are a finals team. After 2 weeks I dont think any teams belief will be shattered as of yet.

As a team I think you will always look for a positive in a loss like that to build on. You stated you cant get a positive out of the loss here goes;
Positives - Out scored Ky in second half.
Hollow and O'Connor played first games of the year. Well underdone but will get better.
Gledhill and Bright who are young blokes in the Rochy side played well in a losing team. Developing well.

You learn something everyday.................even in a bad loss.

Have you been to Specsavers Hendo or just trying to get the rest of us to go???

Has Weeks lived up to his reputation since crossing from the Bendigo League. 2 years ago various polls had him in the top 10 country footballers. Where does he currently rate?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Has Weeks lived up to his reputation since crossing from the Bendigo League. 2 years ago various polls had him in the top 10 country footballers. Where does he currently rate?

To be fair to Grant, last year is ankle was probably at 50% most the season.

Snowman 12

Euroa have picked up:

Andrew Doxey-GUN
Nathan Gilliand-GUN
Robert Hale-Very good player (Darwin)
Anthony Long-Former Essendon Player-GUN
Patty Horsborough-GUN
Daniel Mowat-GUN
Clint Mckay-V Town-Handy

And a few others iv heard plus they get a couple of there VFL Boys full time

GAME ON Euroa I think
Can't find Mckay so far, is he still serving out a suspension or injured. Saw him sent off in an U/18 rep match when KDFL were well on top and would expect a lot of work for him to be "handy" at GVFL level.

Can't find Mckay so far, is he still serving out a suspension or injured. Saw him sent off in an U/18 rep match when KDFL were well on top and would expect a lot of work for him to be "handy" at GVFL level.
Has one more week to serve but will be more than compeditive at his best..

Interesting results this week - Shepp beating Mooroopna and Swans beating United.

Rochy had a good win. Down by 5 goals during the second term, but finished stronger than Tatura. Brady Green was smashed by Poppa and the club has said no to a set penalty sending the case straight to the tribunal. Sounded nasty going by the radio call. Green went to hospital.

Interesting results this week - Shepp beating Mooroopna and Swans beating United.

Rochy had a good win. Down by 5 goals during the second term, but finished stronger than Tatura. Brady Green was smashed by Poppa and the club has said no to a set penalty sending the case straight to the tribunal. Sounded nasty going by the radio call. Green went to hospital.
There was a lot a whining and an unsupportive comment from a GVFL executive member when Mooroopna refused to take a set penalty against Paul Newman for his hit from behind on Shane Lynch. He got two weeks so the tribunal thought there was merit in it being pursued. Hopefully this will be treated more judiciously by all.

There was a lot a whining and an unsupportive comment from a GVFL executive member when Mooroopna refused to take a set penalty against Paul Newman for his hit from behind on Shane Lynch. He got two weeks so the tribunal thought there was merit in it being pursued. Hopefully this will be treated more judiciously by all.

Yeah it's an interesting one. The radio didn't say how many weeks the penalty was but Rochy obviously felt it wasn't enough. Obviously I didn't see the incident, but it did sound pretty nasty.

Yeah it's an interesting one. The radio didn't say how many weeks the penalty was but Rochy obviously felt it wasn't enough. Obviously I didn't see the incident, but it did sound pretty nasty.
Set penalty in GVFL and surrounding leagues is only one week. MPFNL have a graduated system depending on the offence, e.g striking might attract three weeks. The reverse risk of taking it to the tribunal is that a reprimand can be issued.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back