Stats:
3 Kicks
5 Handballs
4 Marks
3 Tackle
3 Frees Against
1 Tackle

Remi's Synopsis

After the best game of the season from Beast, they came up against the Juggernaut that is the Big Fat Cats. Bigger, stronger, faster in the wet weather, the Cats clawed the Eagles, with foray after foray into their FWD line. Beast and the other defenders battled valiantly in impossible odds, but it was the midfield that let them down, showing their lack of pace and defensive effort. (May be viewed as a thinly veiled 'please build around Shuey/Masten/Wellingham instead of Priddis' opinion).

Nonetherless, Beast was solid in his defense, and did his best. It is very unlikely that Brown will be dropped this week with other hacks such as Ash Smith that should just piss off and never be seen in AFL footy, until he actually learns a work ethic.

And so the season ends for the Eagles, and my responsibilities for Mitch Brown.
Again, I have shown my amazing credentials as a Sponsor. In 2011 I sponsored Embley, who had an AA year. 2012 I sponsored Lycett who without my support, wouldn't have shown as much as he did this year if not for my aid in watching his development in 2012. And now, in 2013 I sponsored Mitch Brown who solidified himself in the Best 22.

Some people might ask 'Remi! How did you get such GUN players and make them play to such amazing potential?'
I say to them, because I get shafted each year and pick late 30's low 40s in the 3 years I've done this damn thing and thus have to pick from the bottom of the 'scrapheap' persay, ONLY to pull out amazing players due to my savvy draft expertise in picking players that everyone gives up on, only to get roundhouse kicked in the face and them to say 'I'm not done yet.'

Beast Review of 2013:

Regardless, this year was awesome to sponsor Beast. He solidified himself in the B22, playing 18 games and playing as 2nd/3rd tall. He showed that he has plenty to offer the Eagles in the future as a Key Defender. Although his last few games weren't the best due to how appaling the Eagles have been, Beast is someone we will look to in the future after the retirements of Glass to re-establish that Stone wall that the Eagles have had in the defense throughout the years including legends such as McIntosh, Jakovich, McKenna, Banfield, Worsfold.

Remi rates Beast's 2013 season: 9/10

No one expected anything really from Brown. Except Remi. Only Remi was the one who thought Beast could solidify himself in the Best 22. Only Remi, remember that when you send out your wedding invitations Beasty, Remi would be happy to be your best man. For the rest, don't worry oft-maligned players, Remi's got your back (except you Ash Smith, you can piss off). And should I get an amazing high number draft pick, well then expect me to be back next year.

Hello Mitch I will try to be a good sponsor this year because the past couple of years you have had two awesome sponsors so I will try to do the same.

Last edited:
Mitch Brown kicked a super goal in NAB Challenge Derby. Stay tuned for more shortly.

Last edited:
WCE vs Fremantle
Mitchell Brown 7K 3H 3M 1SG :)

Last edited:
27-02-2014 WCE vs Sydney Swans

Mitchell Brown played well on Buddy Franklin.

Stats: 2 kicks, 3 handballs, 2 marks and 1 tackle.

Well done Mitch! vonn must be proud of you even if you were playing against her team.

;)

Last edited:
What other posters say about Mitch after our win against Sydney:

Mitch Brown absolutely toweled Franklin up.

Mitch Brown the successor of Darren Glass as our #1 defender in the near future. Well done to Mitch Brown for shutting down Buddy and restricting him to 0.1 and 34 AFL Fantasy points.

Brown - Did an exceptional job on Old mister moneybags. Could this be his year to show as a premier defender?

Last edited:
WCE vs Fremantle - 6th March 2014
Practice Match

Based on posts on Game Day thread - seems that Mitch Brown is playing well. Hopefully I will be able to find his stats after the game online.

Here's an update from WCE's Twitter page. Mitch was mentioned.

Some nice courage from @Mitchbrownie results in JK snapping his third for the day. Eagles lead 26-20 #goeagles

What other posters say about Mitch on Game Day thread (vs Fremantle):

Brown has been very good on Pav.

Brown has been amazing.

Brown was very good in the first half. Earned two holding the ball decisions including a crunching chase-down tackle. Followed it up by setting up two goals charging through the middle. Our best player when the game was in the balance and played like his spot depended on it.

Brown was very impressive and didn't look out of place next to EMac and Glass. Brown's pace in particular seems to have really improved on last year, he could keep up with smaller players and also be more agile in traffic.

Brown was great, should be a lock for the 22. His skills were really clean too.

Last edited:
We've really put a lot of trust in Brown lately and I hope that's a result of Simpson rating him.

He certainly has the ability to add a bit of offence as a defender and if he can improve as a forward he could end up very handy.

EDIT: http://au.news.yahoo.com/thewest/sport/afl/a/21880860/fit-brown-ready-to-lock-in-spot/

The Victorian, whose twin Nathan plays for Collingwood, said he was grateful his trade to the Saints didn't happen.

"I thank my lucky stars every day that I stayed here," he said.

Last edited:
Jimmy_the_Gent

Thank you for posting that news article on Mitch Brown. I was interested in what he felt about that whether he was happy here or if he still want to go back to Victoria.

This is going to be a good year for the Beast/Brownie. Hopefully I don't have to report many of his WAFL games but instead his AFL games for WCE.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Round 1
WCE vs Western Bulldogs

Mitch Brown
8 disposals, 3 kicks, 5 handballs and 3 tackles.

Didn't see much of Mitch during the game but maybe because the football is always on the other side of the ground.

Last edited:
Round 2
WCE vs Melbourne

Mitch Brown
15 disposals, 8 kicks, 7 handballs, 4 marks and 1 tackle.

Mitch played much better this round. Melbourne didn't score much today but that doesn't mean the ball weren't in their 50 a lot of the time because it was and Mitch was able to defend pretty well so I am impressed by his game today. I was so excited everytime I see him on screen because I really want to report about him on here a bit more and I am so glad I got the chance to do this because he played well.

Last edited:
Game not over yet on TV but Mitch just kicked a goal vs Saints. So proud! :) Will post his stats after the game.

Round 3
WCE vs St Kilda

Mitch Brown
1 goal, 10 disposals, 5 kicks, 5 handballs, 2 marks and 3 tackles.

Ahh Browny, I do miss sponsoring you.
However glad to see that even though for so long you've looked like Tarzan yet played like Jane, nowadays you look like Tarzan and play like Tarzan.
Under my soft guidance you have been bar mitzvah'ed and become a man.

Round 4
WCE vs Geelong

Too painful to mention stats right now.

Alright I am ready to post Round 4 stats!

Round 4
WCE vs Geelong Cats

Mitch Brown
13 disposals, 8 kicks, 5 handballs, 4 marks and 1 tackle.

Not bad stats considering we played poorly this round but rumour has it that gastro around the club is the reason why we played badly. I wonder if Mitch is one of those players that suffered from it.

I expect Mitch to play even better against Port in Round 5!

Round 5
WCE vs Port Adelaide

Mitch Brown
12 disposals, 6 kicks, 6 handballs and 1 tackle.

Last edited:
Brown mentioned on the eagles podcast this week that he is excited to be getting one of the key match ups each week and is loving his football.
As long as he keeps his form he will get a game and be happy to play in the eagles jumper. I think he has improved immensely over the pre-season and I hope he continues to play footy with us.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back