Round 6 Trades

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd swap my shitty crap team for anyones at the moment.

Too many spuds (Wingard, Roughead, Libba, etc)

<sigh> :(
Dude, nothing wrong with those 3! They will all bounce back and you will be laughing! I can't wait to pick up Wingard in a week or 2. I already have Roughy and Libba i probably won't touch, but that's just personnel preference.

Dude, nothing wrong with those 3! They will all bounce back and you will be laughing! I can't wait to pick up Wingard in a week or 2. I already have Roughy and Libba i probably won't touch, but that's just personnel preference.

Same here, I'll probably be going straight swap Merrett > Wingard after Rd9

Reverse button is being overused - I've pressed more times than the entire season last year :confused:
Going around in circles, getting dizzy and now I'm back at square 1.
Double downgrades to get both Lloyd & Robertson in.
Although, I'm not strengthening my team in this round, more cash will set me up better in the long run.
Plenty of time to bring in the premos during the bye rounds.

Not sure if I should double downgrade or not!
What do people think I should do. I missed the first couple weeks due to being overseas so I think my side is a couple weeks behind !

sc7.jpg

Without seeing your whole team, Dunstan > Swan. Higgins BE still only 39 and a home game this week.
First trade is Tyson>Lloyd.

B: McVeigh, Mitchell, Hibberd, Hanley, Swallow, LMac (Langdon, Georgiou)

M: Ablett, Watson, Beams, Polec, Dunston, Tyson, Kelly, Crouch (Gray, Buckley)

R: Sandilands, NicNat (king, currie)

F: Dangerfield, Nroo, Martin, Wingard, Franklin, Higgins (Impey, Taylor)

Not sure if I should double downgrade or not!
What do people think I should do. I missed the first couple weeks due to being overseas so I think my side is a couple weeks behind !
Downgrade Tyson, Dunstan or Ellis. Get rid of useless Rohan with an upgrade if you have the cash.

You can't go starting one of Gray/Taylor/Buckley in the mids.

So my best advice for your second trade would be Higgins > Swan (move Taylor back to the forward bench and start Lloyd)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Swan by so far its scary...

Higgins still has cash to make

Yeh but his midfield is so weak (only 3 mid premo's at Rd 6?) He'd be better off hanging onto Dunstan and trading Higgins to Swan and starting Lloyd at F6 so he doesn't have to start one of Gray/Buckley/Taylor @ M8

Yes I realise Missy still has $ to make, but for overall team balance and optimum scoring Higgins is the one who should make way for Swan IMHO.

Do you need lloyd?

Mid bench/rookies a real prob for your team bud

Because he's been hanging out the back with JM. I don't understand the hurry to get premo defenders in. Last year, every premo Def except Goddard lost shitloads of value at one stage or another. I'll pick up another 2 Def premo's sooner or later, but only when they're 450K or less.

I can see your point and it's valid... But on the flip side I look at my team and it's a priority to get in a premo defender.
Don't think you can compare this year to last year... Last year there was the likes of Goodes and Vlastuin scoring as well if not better than some premo's... This year you can be satisfied with maybe McDonald... The rest, Langdon, Langford , Laidlers don't have the same ceiling ... Of my rookies on the field my defenders don't look capable of cracking a ton... Thus they are the first to be upgraded

How much cash do you have before trades?
Agree with Gingy on the mid bench issues

Yeh but his midfield is so weak (only 3 mid premo's at Rd 6?) He'd be better off hanging onto Dunstan and trading Higgins to Swan and starting Lloyd at F6 so he doesn't have to start one of Gray/Buckley/Taylor @ M8

Yes I realise Missy still has $ to make, but for overall team balance and optimum scoring Higgins is the one who should make way for Swan IMHO.

I'm doing the same but next week.

Higgins > Cuttler and Dunstan > Griffen

Means I have to play Lloyd at F6 but who cares, I'll be getting Griffen in and that's worth it to me. :rainbow:

You can't go starting one of Gray/Taylor/Buckley in the mids.

So my best advice for your second trade would be Higgins > Swan (move Taylor back to the forward bench and start Lloyd)
I wouldn't be starting any if those 3 rooks in the mids.

If I do Dunston>Swan, I switch Danger into mids temporarily (via Taylor) and start Lloyd @ f6.

M: Ablett, Watson, Beams, Danger, Swan, Polec, Kelly, Crouch

F: Nroo, Martin, Wingard, Franklin, Higgins, Lloyd

Or

Your suggestion...
Ablett, Watson, beams, Swan, Polec, Dunston, Kelly, Crouch

Dangerfield, Nroo, Martin, Wingard, Franklin, Lloyd

I can see your point and it's valid... But on the flip side I look at my team and it's a priority to get in a premo defender.
Don't think you can compare this year to last year... Last year there was the likes of Goodes and Vlastuin scoring as well if not better than some premo's... This year you can be satisfied with maybe McDonald... The rest, Langdon, Langford , Laidlers don't have the same ceiling ... Of my rookies on the field my defenders don't look capable of cracking a ton... Thus they are the first to be upgraded

I guess it comes down to the relative strength of your mids, rucks and forwards. Mrs G has only 1 Def premo yet they are averaging 600+ as 6 man combo, but the rest of her team is fully loaded though.

So yeh, basically if the rest of your team isn't anywhere near close to full strength you should look to bolster your def if possible. Personally though, I'm more inclined to complete my mids before any other line, purely because the mid super premo's are capable of 120+ each week where as the Def, Ruck and Fwd premo's not so much. Each to their own though.

I wouldn't be starting any if those 3 rooks in the mids.

If I do Dunston>Swan, I switch Danger into mids temporarily (via Taylor) and start Lloyd @ f6.

M: Ablett, Watson, Beams, Danger, Swan, Polec, Kelly, Crouch

F: Nroo, Martin, Wingard, Franklin, Higgins, Lloyd

Or

Your suggestion...
Ablett, Watson, beams, Swan, Polec, Dunston, Kelly, Crouch

Dangerfield, Nroo, Martin, Wingard, Franklin, Lloyd

LOL well yeh that would work too. :D:oops::rainbow:

I only have McVeigh, Mitchell and Enright up back.

The rest of my backline is freaking shithouse and has me worried - Webster, McDonald, Langdon (Langford, Georgiou)

But my midfield is struggling too and with Swan and Griffen never being this cheap again I have to get them both in and forget about my backline now but I really did want both Simpson and Hibberd in badly to make my backline look better.

I need league wins though and my overall to go up so getting Swan and Griffen in is probably the better move and instead of Simpson and Hibberd I can get a cheap Hanley in two weeks time for $450,000.

Yes I was obsessed with getting in Simpson and Hibberd in as Jiska and Gingy have pointed out but with a shithouse backline like mine who wouldn't be obsessed with getting Simpson and Hibberd in?

I guess it comes down to the relative strength of your mids, rucks and forwards. Mrs G has only 1 Def premo yet they are averaging 600+ as 6 man combo, but the rest of her team is fully loaded though.

So yeh, basically if the rest of your team isn't anywhere near close to full strength you should look to bolster your def if possible. Personally though, I'm more inclined to complete my mids before any other line, purely because the mid super premo's are capable of 120+ each week where as the Def, Ruck and Fwd premo's not so much. Each to their own though.

Yeah well last week with Hanley out I had 3 rookies on the field in defence = total points between the 3, 162 points
Whilst I had 7 midfielders score over 100 so not really a cause for concern ...
Also I plan to complete my midfield to during rounds 9 and 10 - I figure to get the true super premo's that I'm lacking being ablett and selwood, I'll prob need to use 3 trades - 2 down, 1 up ... And would rather do that in 1 week than sit on the cash for a week when I can improve my team now

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back