Mega Thread Training Reports Season Proper

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

I watched the boys train today, it was just the AFL guys out there today. It all seemed pretty routine to me. It's worth noting though that SOS and Sheridan trained with them but no ibbo.
How did they look? Stand outs? Skills?

No real standouts. RTB told tabs off for not congratulating fyfe for a nice kick inside 50. Suban got scolded for kicking into a forward pocket in a drill when "you had 2 premium mids running past". I thought fyfe's was a bit sloppy otherwise. Mundy and hill looked sublime but the always do. Mayne looked good too and he was normally on the end of the last kick of the drills inside 50. He slotted most of his shots on goal. Rog did a wonderful job picking up all the balls at the end of the session.

No real standouts. RTB told tabs off for not congratulating fyfe for a nice kick inside 50. Suban got scolded for kicking into a forward pocket in a drill when "you had 2 premium mids running past". I thought fyfe's was a bit sloppy otherwise. Mundy and hill looked sublime but the always do. Mayne looked good too and he was normally on the end of the last kick of the drills inside 50. He slotted most of his shots on goal. Rog did a wonderful job picking up all the balls at the end of the session.

Good to see Rog lift his game. He was a bit sloppy last time I was down.

Priceless. :thumbsu::thumbsu:

Just don't ask Roger any questions about whose playing or injured. He just tells you what he wants you to think, just in case your a spy or a journalist.

Wouldn't be surprised if Ibbo missed out. He was bog ordinary in his brief appearance against Hawthorn. He has played very little football this year and for mine needs to string a few games together with Peel. You would think that his shoulder must still cause concern.

Wouldn't be surprised if Ibbo missed out. He was bog ordinary in his brief appearance against Hawthorn. He has played very little football this year and for mine needs to string a few games together with Peel. You would think that his shoulder must still cause concern.
Ordinary? wasnt he injured in the first qtr? Bit harsh Ritchie

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Fair enough, but also a good sign that he got through a full Peel game (hopefully with no issue). I absolutely agree that they should be cautious with Ibbos comeback but I am now more hopeful that his shoulder might be a Hilly shoulder (strap and leave) rather than a Fyfe shoulder.

Class players like Ibbo are important to have around especially if Spurr, C Pearce are going to struggle with form.

Ibbo played well for Peel, but couldn't raise his arms above his head. He was also protecting his shoulder in the contests.

He should be alright for this week if he trained fully.

Why would he play a game in the WAFL if he still had concerns on his shoulder? You're just as likely to get injured in the WAFL...? The only thing is that you can limit playing time, but it's not like he has a leg issue (anymore).

Why would he play a game in the WAFL if he still had concerns on his shoulder? You're just as likely to get injured in the WAFL...? The only thing is that you can limit playing time, but it's not like he has a leg issue (anymore).
Cam Shepard would have been told to get him out there but for limited game time only

?

Ibbo was injured about 5 minutes into the first quarter, you being sarcastic?

Crosier also trained with the AFL squad and was one of the better performers,he kicked long to poition beautifully .He out trained Sherro
The way Crosier trained would be a monty to replace Balla
Silvagni also worked well but would probably be the emergency
23 out on the track
Salim I liked your post until you said Silvagni to be the emergency .:(:thumbsdown:

?

Ibbo was injured about 5 minutes into the first quarter, you being sarcastic?

I blame Ibbo personally for that loss.

Had he played on, we would have stopped Hawthorn's run on. He would have prevented their perfect execution of every kick and hand ball and they would not have had so many contested marks. His presence would have prevented them getting every bounce going their way and there is no way they would have been able to nail every flukey goal they kicked off the side of the boot or from some obscure angle. We would have won by 50+ if Ibbo had not been so inconsiderate and had played on with what was largely a very minor flesh wound.

Last edited:
Crosier also trained with the AFL squad and was one of the better performers,he kicked long to position beautifully .He out trained Sherro
The way Crosier trained would be a monty to replace Balla
Silvagni also worked well but would probably be the emergency
23 out on the track

I hope crozier gets another shot, along with a rocket that he needs to improve his contested ball, and his consistency of tackling pressure.

he generally uses the ball so well, and takes good options. And we need both in our forward line at the moment.

I hope rtb gives him another shot and tells him that if he doesn't take it this game then he'll be back playing wafl next week.

I don't think croz has an issue with his tank. It just seems an application and physical commitment thing. Might stem from being a fast, skinny, skillful kid.

Something he needs to sort out though, and with sonny being out its a perfect chance to step up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back