Mega Thread The Random Thoughts Thread Part 1

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Except for the spending billions of dollars and generating local jobs bit right?

Visiting some old trollop in a Liverpool nursing home is very noble though.
But all of those jobs are being funded by Etihad, the price of the campus is also being payed for by Etihad for the naming rights, and the government. Not really coming out of the club's pockets.

But all of those jobs are being funded by Etihad, the price of the campus is also being payed for by Etihad for the naming rights, and the government. Not really coming out of the club's pockets.

1. Please search the internet for the very very extra top secret connection between Manchester City Football Club and Etihad.

2. The people that own the club are spending the money.

hey ****nuts i just got promoted

s**t. So did I.
Management as well.

Are we the same person?

Sent from my GT-I9195T using Tapatalk

s**t. So did I.
Management as well.

Are we the same person?

Sent from my GT-I9195T using Tapatalk
No.

My Tapatalk is silent.

Ah, a good discussion on Man City, money and how we spend it. Just what I need to not do any work ha ha.

Anyway, a few points. Haven't followed the entire discussion, just the last couple of pages.

City were one of the first clubs to set up community programmes, and the City in the Community programme is generally considered one of the best amongst sporting clubs in the country. Since the takeover CITC has carried on and it now has 20 full time, and 30 part time staff engaged with the local community. All clubs have some form of community programmes, but ours rates pretty highly. I will add that Liverpools recent engagement with their local community has revolved around buying house around Anfield, and leaving them derelict to drive prices down so they can buy up the remaining properties on the cheap. Believe they now own all the properties they need for their own stadium expansion.

As for the Etihad Campus, first thing to point out is that it's a £ billion project. Etihad do have naming rights for the area, but your probably looking at around £50m over a ten year period. The project was started by City, the land (80 acres previously industrial, derelict and wasteland) was purchased by City and the remedial work has been done by City.

There are three phases of the Etihad Campus project, the first is the training and community facilities. Training pitches, accommodation for academy players and their family, a community college, a stadium (can't remember capacity but think it's 10k). A lot of the the area will be available for use by local community, and of course the college is a community resource. Fair to say that no club has done anything on this scale before. That phase is well underway, not sure when it will be finished but the stands are up in the stadium already.

Second phase is the expansion to the stadium, something that benefits the club but will also provide a lot of low cost seats for City supporters.

Third phase is an entertainment/leisure complex of "national significance". No idea what it is at this stage.

The area around the ground is a shithole to be fair. Beswick, Gorton, Ardwick is one of the most deprived areas of the North West, but I expect these developments will do wonders for the area.

Ah, a good discussion on Man City, money and how we spend it. Just what I need to not do any work ha ha.

Anyway, a few points. Haven't followed the entire discussion, just the last couple of pages.

City were one of the first clubs to set up community programmes, and the City in the Community programme is generally considered one of the best amongst sporting clubs in the country. Since the takeover CITC has carried on and it now has 20 full time, and 30 part time staff engaged with the local community. All clubs have some form of community programmes, but ours rates pretty highly. I will add that Liverpools recent engagement with their local community has revolved around buying house around Anfield, and leaving them derelict to drive prices down so they can buy up the remaining properties on the cheap. Believe they now own all the properties they need for their own stadium expansion.

As for the Etihad Campus, first thing to point out is that it's a £ billion project. Etihad do have naming rights for the area, but your probably looking at around £50m over a ten year period. The project was started by City, the land (80 acres previously industrial, derelict and wasteland) was purchased by City and the remedial work has been done by City.

There are three phases of the Etihad Campus project, the first is the training and community facilities. Training pitches, accommodation for academy players and their family, a community college, a stadium (can't remember capacity but think it's 10k). A lot of the the area will be available for use by local community, and of course the college is a community resource. Fair to say that no club has done anything on this scale before. That phase is well underway, not sure when it will be finished but the stands are up in the stadium already.

Second phase is the expansion to the stadium, something that benefits the club but will also provide a lot of low cost seats for City supporters.

Third phase is an entertainment/leisure complex of "national significance". No idea what it is at this stage.

The area around the ground is a shithole to be fair. Beswick, Gorton, Ardwick is one of the most deprived areas of the North West, but I expect these developments will do wonders for the area.
City are doing a lot of this because it brings their breach of the financial fair play rules down as it can be written off against their losses.

As their punishment could be as harsh as potential exclusion from European competition, it's a shrewd spend.

City are doing a lot of this because it brings their breach of the financial fair play rules down as it can be written off against their losses.

But our losses wouldnt be as high if we weren't spending a fortune on the development.

Eventually the club will get a lot out of it. High performing academy is a cheap way of running a football club.

But it'll be a huge benefit to the local community as well.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

But our losses wouldnt be as high if we weren't spending a fortune on the development.

Eventually the club will get a lot out of it. High performing academy is a cheap way of running a football club.

But it'll be a huge benefit to the local community as well.
Development losses don't count, they offset football spending losses, that's why he's doing them, not only are they an offset but they will also generate income later on.

I think it's great that a club who wants to over inflate the market has to invest in the community as an offset.

As their punishment could be as harsh as potential exclusion from European competition, it's a shrewd spend.
Shrewd, but I applaud the benefit it has for the community. Surely there would be other loopholes for the dodging the FFP they could do?

Development losses don't count, they offset football spending losses, that's why he's doing them, not only are they an offset but they will also generate income later on.

If you don't spend £30m building infrastructure, you don't have to offset £30m. As far as FFP goes it's doing nothing for us at the moment. In future if we do generate an income from the development then yes, it's pretty much a free kick. But the

I think it's great that a club who wants to over inflate the market has to invest in the community as an offset.

Not sure over inflating the market has ever been a goal of the club. Players were getting bought and sold for tens of millions long before we came about. And 5 English clubs have bought our sold players for higher amounts than our record transaction. But I believe the council has been very happy with what Sheikh Mansour has brought to the table. Good for City, good for Manchester, winners all round.

Shrewd, but I applaud the benefit it has for the community. Surely there would be other loopholes for the dodging the FFP they could do?

Ssssh, we're not talking about those. There are a couple of questionable ones, mainly around the sale of image rights and intellectual property to related companies. But there isn't enough detail in them to work out whether it's legit or not.

Honestly, the development is a long term thing. We'll benefit from it in years/decades to come. The money we spent doesn't count for FFP, but it wouldn't count for FFP if we hadn't of spent it either.

If you don't spend £30m building infrastructure, you don't have to offset £30m. As far as FFP goes it's doing nothing for us at the moment. In future if we do generate an income from the development then yes, it's pretty much a free kick. But the

Not sure over inflating the market has ever been a goal of the club. Players were getting bought and sold for tens of millions long before we came about. And 5 English clubs have bought our sold players for higher amounts than our record transaction. But I believe the council has been very happy with what Sheikh Mansour has brought to the table. Good for City, good for Manchester, winners all round.

Of course, it's an aim of the top clubs as it siphons players off creating an unfair advantage. It also severely weakens clubs in the second tier such as Everton and Spurs.

Of course, it's an aim of the top clubs as it siphons players off creating an unfair advantage. It also severely weakens clubs in the second tier such as Everton and Spurs.

Our aim is to improve the squad. Like every club, including your own. On occasion that involves paying for players, and as much as we'd like to the selling club does have a say in how much they need before they'll sell one of there players.

We've set a British transfer record once, in 2009 for Robinho. It cost us £3m more than Man United spent on Rio Ferdinand six years earlier, and a few hundred thousand more than Man United paid for Dimitar Berbatov the same day. Not sure how creates inflation.

Our aim is to improve the squad. Like every club, including your own. On occasion that involves paying for players, and as much as we'd like to the selling club does have a say in how much they need before they'll sell one of there players.

We've set a British transfer record once, in 2009 for Robinho. It cost us £3m more than Man United spent on Rio Ferdinand six years earlier, and a few hundred thousand more than Man United paid for Dimitar Berbatov the same day. Not sure how creates inflation.
Chelsea and City's big spending predecessors are guilty of inflating the market, but it's the consistent huge money deals that I reckon are the problem re inflating.

Chelsea and City's big spending predecessors are guilty of inflating the market, but it's the consistent huge money deals that I reckon are the problem re inflating.
They are equally complicit. Platinic refers to it as financial doping and I agree with the sentiment.

Liverpool have already indicated they will spend 60million in the summer.

The aim is not to improve the squad but to buy players and keep them away from other teams. Man City's reserve team would probably qualify for the UEFA cup ffs.

I just look back at when we were skint and our record signing was Jon Macken for £5m. The fact that other clubs were spending £20m+ on players at the time didn't force us to pay any more. We spent what we could afford to spend, and if clubs wanted more than we could afford to pay we'd move on to other targets. Meant we watched Man United win trophy after trophy while we hovered between the first three divisions, but thems the breaks.

They are equally complicit. Platinic refers to it as financial doping and I agree with the sentiment.

Liverpool have already indicated they will spend 60million in the summer.

The aim is not to improve the squad but to buy players and keep them away from other teams. Man City's reserve team would probably qualify for the UEFA cup ffs.
Liverpool needs to spent money because the squad is paper thin right now, with CL next year. Also a good chunk of that money will be additional income due to qualifying for the CL.

how the * did vossy get his bloodnut shittruck face on fox footy bragging about premierships he should be banished from football

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back