Minecraft The 1.7 debate.

Remove this Banner Ad

Hi all. We have about 3 options regarding 1.7:

1) Upgrade the existing server.
There is enough space, I think, to find new biomes. A lot of the northerly rail is underneath sea anyway. We might move spawn so new people can find new land a bit more easily?

2) Wipe the existing server and start again on 1.7
I think too much work has been put in to the rails and buildings to do this.

3) Start a new server on 1.7, perhaps in creative mode?
I'd like to hear suggestions about this. It would require a subscription of, say, $5 a month or something to pay for it.

Mobbenfuhrer Mister Carlton Eth and others.

I'd be happy to kick in for an additional server, but I've never really liked creative mode, and if I was to vote on whether to restart with a new map, I obviously would vote for retaining the old.

Your backup file size issues, though, bear merit. As you are providing this essentially for free, I don't think my argument really means s**t!

Perhaps bigger emphasis on group projects within the world? Such as the MCG build from the last server. *hopefully if built again it's rendered structurally safe.

EDIT: With the new terrains/blocks added, feels like a totally different game.

Perhaps bigger emphasis on group projects within the world? Such as the MCG build from the last server. *hopefully if built again it's rendered structurally safe.

EDIT: With the new terrains/blocks added, feels like a totally different game.

• Admin
I'd be happy to kick in for an additional server, but I've never really liked creative mode, and if I was to vote on whether to restart with a new map, I obviously would vote for retaining the old.

Your backup file size issues, though, bear merit. As you are providing this essentially for free, I don't think my argument really means s**t!
It's not a big issue, just means I have to split the files up.

So I have updated the existing server to 1.7.2.

However I think a new server would be a good idea.

So: who wants to put in, say, $10 a quarter to pay for it? I would like to do some special things, like drop in the MCG, maybe work out how to put in a couple of minigames, have some parkour comps for diamonds and so on.

It would still be a creative server but if we can section of some areas and experiment with some games and some group building projects that would be cool I think.

Thoughts on that?

So I have updated the existing server to 1.7.2.

However I think a new server would be a good idea.

So: who wants to put in, say, $10 a quarter to pay for it? I would like to do some special things, like drop in the MCG, maybe work out how to put in a couple of minigames, have some parkour comps for diamonds and so on.

It would still be a creative server but if we can section of some areas and experiment with some games and some group building projects that would be cool I think.

Thoughts on that?

I would love this but sadly my parents wouldn't let me spend $10 dollars on minecraft.. having already payed $30 for hungergames. i would love the idea though! :)

Personally I wouldn't mind a server restart so I can start fresh. I'd rather not play Creative though, far too boring. For me the difficulty of getting the materials and building with some risk out weighs infinite blocks, no mobs and flying.

Definitely up for some server wide cooperation for a big project/city.

Also happy to chip in cash to assist with costs.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I really want to make really neat buildings and other assorted items, rather than large buildings as I had been doing on the current server.

I also want to work it in with the biome more, such as a mountain trail with wooden bridge and stuff like that rather than flattening an area for building.

Love the idea of a new server of a new server/starting a fresh. Only I know alot of work has gone into the current server and most liekly we'd have to start a new one. I'd be happy to chip in $10 a quarter, Only problem I have is at the moment number of people online is pretty low, if we add a price tag I'm worried it'll be a ghost town :S

Are we waiting on input from anyone else?

Chief if we are going to go with a new server, is there any way I can get a back-up copy of the current server? Happy to mail a USB if its too large to upload.

Are we waiting on input from anyone else?

Chief if we are going to go with a new server, is there any way I can get a back-up copy of the current server? Happy to mail a USB if its too large to upload.
We'd keep the old server running with the new one.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back