News Port on TV thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Polec really has no right foot.

Spud, delist.

Very good players rarely use their 'wrong' foot and J -Polec is just one of those talents. We are extremely fortunate to have Ken as coach who has this enormous ability to get the best out of players. He is the coach that J-Polec NEEDED.

Polec really has no right foot.

Spud, delist.

Very good players rarely use their 'wrong' foot and J -Polec is just one of those talents. We are extremely fortunate to have Ken as coach who has this enormous ability to get the best out of players. He is the coach that J-Polec NEEDED.

Surely you could tell that my tongue was firmly planted in my cheek when I posted that. But just by the by, this is how "very good players" use their non-preffered foot:

Shuey using his 'wrong-foot' to kick for goal in the open against us showed me that the wrong foot should only be used in a break glass in emergency kick. Unless you're Pendlebury, Mitchell or Ablett. :p

Dom is equally s**t with both feet, does that count?

I've been watching the guy every week for about 12 years and I honestly don't know which foot is his 'preferred', or if he even has one.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Marngrook - the repeated use of "port Power" and to top it off "Ben Ebert"

I don't reckon it's anything cynical or derogatory from Gilbert McAdam, having played and won a Magarey in the SANFL you'd think he only does it as an overly simplistic 'I'm not referring to the Magpies' differentiation.

That said, every time he says it I want to slap him across the face with a cold flannel.

Marngrook really irks me.
Constantly they call us Port Power... constantly they get players names wrong (unless that player is indigenous)... constantly they make crap up. Sooner the show is gone the better.

Marngrook really irks me.
Constantly they call us Port Power... constantly they get players names wrong (unless that player is indigenous)... constantly they make crap up. Sooner the show is gone the better.
I sent them an Email re Port Power .. I told them we are Port Adelaide .. never got a reply

All that stuff makes the whole amateur production even more endearing for me. I look forward each week to Gilbo's outrageous mistakes. :D

At least those guys genuinely love their footy, it's not the smarmy self-promotion of The Footy Show.

All that stuff makes the whole amateur production even more endearing for me. I look forward each week to Gilbo's outrageous mistakes. :D

At least those guys genuinely love their footy, it's not the smarmy self-promotion of The Footy Show.

Speaking of the footy show... did anyone catch the NRL version last night?
Such a classy show. Had the audience full of servicemen/women, did a story with Ben Roberts-Smith, but still had some comedy (stuff that was actually funny) as well. The AFL version could definitely learn from these guys.

I have to add too that Gilbert McAdam winning the Magarey Medal was one of those rare times a Port player didn't win it but I thought the umpires might have got it right. ;)

463px-Facepalm.png

Remove this Banner Ad

Back