Social Chit Chat III

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hahaha, glad someone else isn't afraid to tell a personal tale. You may have gotten lucky with the delivery man kitty. Sure there's a 'movie' or 2 about that :D;)
*sigh*

Screen Shot 2014-04-23 at 10.26.16 pm.png

I had MissChu home delivery + they guy who delivered it was H-O-T!!! 6'2 dark hair, brown eyes, olive skin, going towards Eastern Europe, but O-M-G!!! I haven't seen such a hunk in a LONG time! *swoon*

how do you know this?

miss chu home delivers in the big smoke? think we only have one restaurant here in melbs, and i only came across it through her appearance on po's show and googled her.

the food was ok.

how do you know this?

miss chu home delivers in the big smoke? think we only have one restaurant here in melbs, and i only came across it through her appearance on po's show and googled her.

the food was ok.
By his accent.
We have about five MissChu's in Sydney
I like it because it is organic + they do lots of steamed dishes

By his accent.
We have about five MissChu's in Sydney
I like it because it is organic + they do lots of steamed dishes

i get fooled by accents and i am of eastern european ethnicity...your radar must be better than mine.

yeah, it was too classy for me, i prefer my viet food a bit dirtier.

Yes- and with young people abbreviating everything these days and the Americanz dropping letters left, right and center from their words, I figured the word "earnest" had just been shortened to "Ernst" ;)
EFA. Soon enough they'll change the s on the end of any word which signifies possessive or plural and change it to a 'zee' like they've done with half of the English language words containing the letter s.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

i get fooled by accents and i am of eastern european ethnicity...your radar must be better than mine.

yeah, it was too classy for me, i prefer my viet food a bit dirtier.
It's a sort of a game our family plays, guessing accents, guessing where people are from by their appearance. People's origins always fascinates me! Where are your people from originally?
Her Vietnamese rolls are dryer - I had the Atlantic Salmon Salad + Prawn Dumplings - yum!

EFA. Soon enough they'll change the s on the end of any word which signifies possessive or plural and change it to a 'zee' like they've done with half of the English language words containing the letter s.
I hate how they've dropped the double consonant out of a lot of words like marvelous and traveling- both versions are still acceptable but a lot of books have the new 'Americanisation' running through them.

I'll see if I can dig out a joke for you that runs along those lines

View attachment 53003

'scuse me ladies- anyone got any eye of newt handy?
And widdershins is anti-clockwise, right???
Sigh.. just can't get a handle on some of these old-fashioned spells recipes!!
Looking at this pic again, I'm not sure which one freaks me out more? The clown or the character in the raincoat? You know what they say about perves in raincoats? *shudders*

Here it is- especially for you, Strangled Cat :

The European Union commissioners have announced that agreement has been reached to adopt English as the preferred language for European communications, rather than German, which was the other possibility.

As part of the negotiations, the British government conceded that English spelling had some room for improvement and has been accepted a five year phased plan for what will be known as EuroEnglish (Euro for short).

In the first year, "s" will be used instead of the soft "c". Sertainly, sivil servants will reseive this news with joy. Also, the hard "c" will be replaced with "k". Not only will this klear up konfusion, but typewriters kan have one less letter.

There will be growing public enthusiasm in the sekond year, when the troublesome "ph" will be replased by "f". This will make words like "fotograf" 20 persent shorter.

In the third year, publik akseptanse of the new spelling kan be expekted to reach the stage where more komplikated changes are possible. Governments will enkorage the removal of double letters, which have always ben a deterent to akurate speling. Also, al wil agre that the horible mes of silent "e"s in the language is disgrasful, and they would go.

By the fourth year, peopl wil be reseptiv to steps such as replasing "th" by "z" and "w" by "v".

During ze fifz year, ze unesesary "O" kan be dropd from vords kontaining "ou", and similar changes vud, of kors, be aplid to ozer kombinations of leters. Und efter ze fifz yer, ve vil al be speking German lik zey vunted in ze forst plas...

That's a rubbish cap considering the players Port and Adelaide have on their books covered under the AFL's cap while the other SANFL clubs have to operate under $400k (a few decent players blows that cap up).
I suppose this cap has been set at a maximum level which the poorer (or should I say the financially struggling?) clubs like Westies and Sturt can maintain.

Here it is- especially for you, Strangled Cat :

The European Union commissioners have announced that agreement has been reached to adopt English as the preferred language for European communications, rather than German, which was the other possibility.

As part of the negotiations, the British government conceded that English spelling had some room for improvement and has been accepted a five year phased plan for what will be known as EuroEnglish (Euro for short).

In the first year, "s" will be used instead of the soft "c". Sertainly, sivil servants will reseive this news with joy. Also, the hard "c" will be replaced with "k". Not only will this klear up konfusion, but typewriters kan have one less letter.

There will be growing public enthusiasm in the sekond year, when the troublesome "ph" will be replased by "f". This will make words like "fotograf" 20 persent shorter.

In the third year, publik akseptanse of the new spelling kan be expekted to reach the stage where more komplikated changes are possible. Governments will enkorage the removal of double letters, which have always ben a deterent to akurate speling. Also, al wil agre that the horible mes of silent "e"s in the language is disgrasful, and they would go.

By the fourth year, peopl wil be reseptiv to steps such as replasing "th" by "z" and "w" by "v".

During ze fifz year, ze unesesary "O" kan be dropd from vords kontaining "ou", and similar changes vud, of kors, be aplid to ozer kombinations of leters. Und efter ze fifz yer, ve vil al be speking German lik zey vunted in ze forst plas...
Priceless!!! Where do you find this stuff? This is brilliant!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back