Multiplat Project CARS

Remove this Banner Ad

Nov 26, 2013
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Man U, Chicago Bulls, Anaheim Ducks

Limited edition available for pre-order from JB online for $79 if anyone interested.

I just put $20 down at EB and will match to the best price on the day. Hopefully Target/Big W bust it out for $69.

Now the frustrating wait for a decent, yet reasonably priced wheel set to come out for PS4. Not keen on forking out $500+ for a Thrustmaster with shitty pedals.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

what wheel you got mate?

it's a pretty basic setup, no force feedback or anything. thrustmaster 360 moderna.

thrustmaster_360modena_racing_wheel.jpg

it's a pretty basic setup, no force feedback or anything. thrustmaster 360 moderna.

thrustmaster_360modena_racing_wheel.jpg

Nice. Been researching like crazy into wheels and stands. Unfortunately not too many options for PS4. Only official wheels are two thrustmasters, T80 (~$100) and T300RS ($500+). ******* wish they'd support the G27 as you can pick those up for ~$200 or even less these days. Developers have been pretty good to build Fanatec support into the game, however because they're not officially supported, there's no guarantee that you'll be able to use the gear on other car games down the track. Unfortunately I'm resigned to playing on controller for a while and hoping that this game gets Sony/Wheel makers off the butts to get some other options out there.

Nice. Been researching like crazy into wheels and stands. Unfortunately not too many options for PS4. Only official wheels are two thrustmasters, T80 (~$100) and T300RS ($500+). ******* wish they'd support the G27 as you can pick those up for ~$200 or even less these days. Developers have been pretty good to build Fanatec support into the game, however because they're not officially supported, there's no guarantee that you'll be able to use the gear on other car games down the track. Unfortunately I'm resigned to playing on controller for a while and hoping that this game gets Sony/Wheel makers off the butts to get some other options out there.
That sucks. I just had a quick look and it seems like current peripherals don’t work as they require a “security chip” in order to be recognised by the PS4. There ARE some workarounds though (using a standard controller for menus etc)

It turns out there may be more to this story than PS4 security chips. Our sources told us security chips are required for full compatibility with Sony's console. That is, interaction with the system menu, Share functionality and more. But limited functionality - playing the game, including force feedback effects - is possible for wheels that work on PC and PS3 without the need for the PS4 security chip.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2014-11-05-whats-the-deal-with-ps4-and-xbox-one-steering-wheels
might want to look into that. Besides being better for racing, wheels are simply more fun! good luck.

That sucks. I just had a quick look and it seems like current peripherals don’t work as they require a “security chip” in order to be recognised by the PS4. There ARE some workarounds though (using a standard controller for menus etc)

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2014-11-05-whats-the-deal-with-ps4-and-xbox-one-steering-wheels
might want to look into that. Besides being better for racing, wheels are simply more fun! good luck.

Yeah been reading through all that stuff. As I said, at least the makers of Project Cars have gone the extra yard and built in support for the Fanatec wheels themselves. Plenty of rumours they may do the same for Logitech, but will have to wait and see. Even if they do, you're risking serious cash that other game makers will follow in their steps and build in the support themselves.

i'd say the price is worth it even if it's only for one game (currently). I spent $300 on a wheel in '97 just for indycar 1 :) never regretted it!

Nice. Well my options are basically

Fanatec 911 GT2 bundle for $329 - http://www.fanatec.com/au-en/module/configurator;bundle_id;22

Less expensive, better pedals. Wheel I'm not sure about.

Or Thrustmaster T300RS for $500+

I would be ok with investing in the thrustmaster, except the pedals are supposedly not that great. Not what you want if your splashing $500 around. The wheel is meant to be awesome however. Stupid thing is, you can upgrade to Thrustmasters better pedals, but you have to buy them separately, there's no way to include them with the wheel. In other words, you have to pay for two sets of pedals :(

Nice. Well my options are basically

Fanatec 911 GT2 bundle for $329 - http://www.fanatec.com/au-en/module/configurator;bundle_id;22

Less expensive, better pedals. Wheel I'm not sure about.

Or Thrustmaster T300RS for $500+

I would be ok with investing in the thrustmaster, except the pedals are supposedly not that great. Not what you want if your splashing $500 around. The wheel is meant to be awesome however. Stupid thing is, you can upgrade to Thrustmasters better pedals, but you have to buy them separately, there's no way to include them with the wheel. In other words, you have to pay for two sets of pedals :(
Can confirm the wheel it self is quite good to use. I didn't like the way the pedals sat in the cockpit so I wasnt a fan. snitzel has this whole thing set up he will tell you if its worth it or not.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back