Roast The media....*Shakes Head* Part 4

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tuned into 5AA to hear the meltdown from Rowe about Douglas

He was livid that he got 2 weeks. Reckons it wasnt worth a suspension at all and the Tribunal is a joke
Can guarantee that if it was Ward who cleaned up Douglas he would have been calling for Ward to be sent to the gallows

Douglas would have got 4 if it wasnt for his clean record and his guilty plea. He is very lucky to only get 2 IMO

zl2nmt.jpg

"Leigh"

- "Max?"

"About the America's Cup the other wee-"

- "I'm sorry I called you a bum, Max."

"Wha-?... No, not that, I was just wondering. This weekend. How can we cash in on the good vibes generated by Bondy and Bertrand's win?"

- "Um"

"*sucks air through teeth* mmmm"

- "Max! We could paint a boxing kangaroo on centre wing with an inspiring message on behalf of the South Australian National Football League! Something like 'good one', or 'top job' or 'well done'"

"... LOVE IT!"

"We Keeled 'em" was already taken.

A goal square is 9m long. That looked more just over half a goal square ie more than 5m away to me.

If the MRP/Tribunal is consistent that any bump to the head accident or no accident gets games I can live with that.

2 things I can't live with are a) players who have no awareness of what's going on eg Roberton and Tape last year and b) the bulshit decision that Glass didn't hit Wingard in the head and that it was low impact because the scans said there was only bruising is BS.

But at this stage I will still go with the chook lotto call.

Was all set to post up how disappointed i've been in our resident 'Port admirers' on AFL 360 this week but they gave us a little mini preview on tonight's show, prior to that they've spoken about us very little rehashing the Carlton/Judd rubbish nearly every day .

Not sure if it's the producers or higher ups making them go from having an even spread of all teams to focusing on petty Vic flog crap but they're normally better than the programs who only talk about the big Vic clubs.

If we manage to cause the biggest upset of the year this week hopefully we get a little more kudos than we did after winning over in the 'house of pain'.

Was all set to post up how disappointed i've been in our resident 'Port admirers' on AFL 360 this week but they gave us a little mini preview on tonight's show, prior to that they've spoken about us very little rehashing the Carlton/Judd rubbish nearly every day .

Not sure if it's the producers or higher ups making them go from having an even spread of all teams to focusing on petty Vic flog crap but they're normally better than the programs who only talk about the big Vic clubs.

If we manage to cause the biggest upset of the year this week hopefully we get a little more kudos than we did after winning over in the 'house of pain'.

Almost choked on my drink when I heard King say "He was falling in love with Port" lol I swear when he said it was painful for him......

Almost choked on my drink when I heard King say "He was falling in love with Port" lol I swear when he said it was painful for him......

In fairness he did say Port are "the #1 team in town(adelaide) right now"
gotta luv him for that.
Tighten my seatbelt guys.
commencing countdown engines on.
ground control 2 Major Tom

ahem
Oooh
is that the door?
dear me alas by Jove
"OK guys I'm outta here"
"U off"?
"I'm always off....
right now....
I'm just leaving"

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Tuned into 5AA to hear the meltdown from Rowe about Douglas

He was livid that he got 2 weeks. Reckons it wasnt worth a suspension at all and the Tribunal is a joke
Can guarantee that if it was Ward who cleaned up Douglas he would have been calling for Ward to be sent to the gallows

Douglas would have got 4 if it wasnt for his clean record and his guilty plea. He is very lucky to only get 2 IMO

He basically ridiculed everyone who rang in or talked about last night. Kept on claiming it was addicidental (lol)... When will AA ever wake up to this clown and give him the flick. The most funny part of this is he's been banging on how good the MRP system has been this season so far, I bet he doesn't think this now.

Also have to laugh at them for even bringing up the Westhoff incident with Watson last season when Westhoff fairly, I repeat fairly and cleanly gave Watson a hip and shoulder.

Also you wouldn't even know there is a top of the table clash in Adelaide this week if you've been listening to them. If this was one involving Adelaide you'd never hear the end of it.

I like David King.

Yep.

Pretty honest assessments of all teams.

Pots us when we deserve it but gives out praise when we have earned it.

You get what you deserve with King.

Also have to laugh at them for even bringing up the Westhoff incident with Watson last season when Westhoff fairly, I repeat fairly and cleanly gave Watson a hip and shoulder.

Seriously he said that? Watson, who had just tapped the ball on, didn't end up with concussion he had had a broken collarbone/dislocated shoulder, or something like that anyway. I would have loved the Cows to use that example in their defence.

Had to laugh at Rowe being turned inside out by Rucci last night over their crowd for the Easter Sunday game. I thought he was going to cry at one stage because even he could see Rucci's logic. Rucci's case was that if 45,000 people turned up to a game against the Giants on Easter Sunday, then it is, by definition, a preferred timeslot for the Adelaide fans. Hard to argue against really.

I had to laugh at that pic. I have done that to a vinyl record. Me and a couple of mates went orange picking, I reckon it was summer of 74, and we had a disastrous few days. We made $20 between us in about 4 days plus we made $10 when a woman dropped $10 is a local shop and it quickly disappeared below a shoe - we were desperate because we were crap at our job.

We took a turntable and a few records with us for entertainment after knock off (which was pretty early as you can tell from the finanical analysis above). Unfortunately "Through the Past Darkly" go a bit mangled in the heat.

Had to laugh at Rowe being turned inside out by Rucci last night over their crowd for the Easter Sunday game. I thought he was going to cry at one stage because even he could see Rucci's logic. Rucci's case was that if 45,000 people turned up to a game against the Giants on Easter Sunday, then it is, by definition, a preferred timeslot for the Adelaide fans. Hard to argue against really.

He also completely dismantled Rowe over the Douglas thing.

"Ok Rooch, let's move on to another topic".

It's always hilarious reading the comments in any AdelaideNow article where Port are trumping the crows off the field. The bottom-dwellers and mouthbreathers come out in full force with their twisted and hateful synapse connections (I can't really dignify their comments with the word 'thoughts').

It's always hilarious reading the comments in any AdelaideNow article where Port are trumping the crows off the field. The bottom-dwellers and mouthbreathers come out in full force with their twisted and hateful synapse connections (I can't really dignify their comments with the word 'thoughts').

Its a goldmine for 5CC tho'.

It's where they find potential on-air presenters, like stupid, pinbutty and arseton

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back