FTA-TV GAME OF THRONES season 4 (MANY book spoilers) *you have been warned*

I've been watching the series with someone that hasn't read the books, and they raised an interesting point.

I've been talking up Jon and Stannis because the show has undersold them so much, and on Jon they said "maybe it's because the creators know where his story will end up, and that he's not that important in the long run".

Knowing that the creators do know George RR Martin's end game, it's actually quite a good point. It disappoints me, because I really hope the R+L=J stuff is true, but considering how less significant the show's made Jon out to be, I think it's quite possible.

I've been watching the series with someone that hasn't read the books, and they raised an interesting point.

I've been talking up Jon and Stannis because the show has undersold them so much, and on Jon they said "maybe it's because the creators know where his story will end up, and that he's not that important in the long run".

Knowing that the creators do know George RR Martin's end game, it's actually quite a good point. It disappoints me, because I really hope the R+L=J stuff is true, but considering how less significant the show's made Jon out to be, I think it's quite possible.

But Even in the books Jon's story doesn't really pick up until he takes over the nights watch and organises the defence of the wall against the wildlings.

I was disappointed the other night when they spoke of having 100 men at the wall and the raiders only having 3 dozen, which likely means no epic defense of the wall and setting the stair on fire

RobbyRoy

Norm Smith Medallist
May 3, 2007
Perth
AFL Club
GWS
Other Teams
Victory
Not long until Dany's storyline gets absolutely bogged down.

I imagine the show will speed it up quite a bit and her's (or maybe Bran's) will be the first storyline to move ahead of the books.
They have to do something. I'm finding non-readers simply don't care about her freeing the slaves. They're all asking me when she's going to get a move on and head to Westeros.

They have to do something. I'm finding non-readers simply don't care about her freeing the slaves. They're all asking me when she's going to get a move on and head to Westeros.

Everyone wants to know that

RobbyRoy

Norm Smith Medallist
May 3, 2007
Perth
AFL Club
GWS
Other Teams
Victory
Non Readers and Readers both...
Haha yeah of course, but we already know it's a long way off.

Having rewatched the episode, the "rape" isn't as bad as I first thought. Twice Cersei grabs Jaime and draws him in, as opposed to pulling away. What happens on the floor is ambiguous, as she doesn't really say anything beside that it's not right.

Apr 1, 2011
Radelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
NAFC
I've been reading the non-readers' thread, can someone tell me why they replaced Vargo with some bloke named Locke?
Apparently (although I can't find the quote as the webpage is blocked at work) the showmakers wanted to get rid of Vargo's lisp and "cartoonishness", so because the character ended up quite different Martin made them change his name to Locke so he would be a different character all together and not just a bastardised version of Vargo Hoat.

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/a...hrones-treatment/story-fni5ezdm-1226893255430
"Others aka White Walkers — Melbourne

Just like their team mascot (and the terrifying White Walkers) Melbourne are mythical creatures with whispers of threats so far completely unfounded."

I like how incredibly accurate this is when you consider the White Walkers have done basically * all as well after five seasons books. :D

Not long until Dany's storyline gets absolutely bogged down.

I imagine the show will speed it up quite a bit and her's (or maybe Bran's) will be the first storyline to move ahead of the books.

I hope the show ends with Dany still in Meereen; that'll shut up all the Khaleesi-loving drones.

Feb 13, 2011
AFL Club
Richmond
http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/a...hrones-treatment/story-fni5ezdm-1226893255430
"Others aka White Walkers — Melbourne

Just like their team mascot (and the terrifying White Walkers) Melbourne are mythical creatures with whispers of threats so far completely unfounded."

I like how incredibly accurate this is when you consider the White Walkers have done basically **** all as well after five seasons books. :D
I for one am Insulted by the 2nd sons. The Golden Company seems much more apt.

Sep 19, 2007
Mornington Peninsula
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
Anaheim Ducks, PSV Eindhoven
The St Kilda one is pathetic.

If anything St Kilda would be the closer to the Martells.

If North are the Starks (which I don't think fits) then Essendon are the Boltons, they're definitely not the Tully's. Carlton would be the Lannisters or maybe even the Freys.

Last edited:
Jun 14, 2011
Halfway Between the Gutter and the Stars
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
MUFC/NYY/LAL/Green Bay Packers/UW
Back