Season 2014

Remove this Banner Ad

So Anzac Day is upon us and for me that is usually a dawn service followed up by the maggies and Bombers, this year I think I might go to the Local and go and check out Myrtleford and wang, should be an interesting and keenly fought encounter, very hard to tip a winner, but for the sake of it I think the saints might scrape in, I think Raiders will beat the dogs in a reasonably close one, I think Albury will smash North Albury, on the sat, I will go check out Rovers and Lavy, rovers have always given Lavy some trouble down there, very interested to see how Archer goes, I think Lavy will win but I think it may be close.
Sunday should be a good gauge of seeing how much Corowa have improved, what is a good result for them? I would think getting within Five goals, enjoy your footy boys

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

Agree, Albury should beat the Hoppers by a considerable margin, I just hope that the young North boys don't get caught like a deer in the headlights, as most, if not all would never have played in front of a big crowd. It would be great for them to get something out of the match, other than having their confidence knocked out of them.

What the hell happened at the tribunal last night? I thought both wodonga players would get off!!!! :eek: Is this the same tribunal that gave Andy Carey 1 week for mauling Corey Greer last season?

Cannon could've almost got a free for contact below the knee, but the right decision was made by the umpire and a free to north for high contact.

Wortman looked to be attacking the line of the ball, but the north player beat him to it and almost fell on the ball. once again high contact was made and a free was definitely there. This was the nastier of the 2.

Don't get me wrong we need to protect the head of the player and I can see what the tribunal is trying to do.

But my worry with these 2 incidents is that the 2 players who were infringed were both low to the ground when the incident happened. Will this now result in players diving in lower and lower like we saw in the AFL a few years ago?

The McMillan one was a reactive elbow to Kelly's stomach. The kind of thing that happens week in week out without punishment.

Can I add if the league is on some sort of mission to 'clean up' our game, I'm all for that, as it helps protect each and every player. But perhaps give clubs prior notice and examples of what will and won't be tolerated. I think all of those suspended last night are the examples others are going to have to learn from.

What the hell happened at the tribunal last night? I thought both wodonga players would get off!!!! :eek: Is this the same tribunal that gave Andy Carey 1 week for mauling Corey Greer last season?

Cannon could've almost got a free for contact below the knee, but the right decision was made by the umpire and a free to north for high contact.

Wortman looked to be attacking the line of the ball, but the north player beat him to it and almost fell on the ball. once again high contact was made and a free was definitely there. This was the nastier of the 2.

Don't get me wrong we need to protect the head of the player and I can see what the tribunal is trying to do.

But my worry with these 2 incidents is that the 2 players who were infringed were both low to the ground when the incident happened. Will this now result in players diving in lower and lower like we saw in the AFL a few years ago?

The McMillan one was a reactive elbow to Kelly's stomach. The kind of thing that happens week in week out without punishment.

Totally agree, the O&M has got a fair bit of explaining to do here! Dumbfounded by the outcomes!

The hearing was apparently still going at 1:30am Fri morning before the Anzac clash, ridiculous! how is that a fair preparation for the players and affected teams?

The O&M has opened a can of worms with this video review..I can see them getting bombarded with every little borderline incident from now on.

The O&M better explain their new stance and quick.

We don't wanna see every tribunal decision going to appeal and the O&M having to publicly justify and defend its decisions

re McMillan , not "reactive" , and pretty sure not to stomach. Kelly jogging up to stoppage after whistle blown. Lucky not to be head high when consider height difference of two players.
Uncalled for and the game better without it.
Also often results in all in blue. Makes umpiring an even harder job due to some D.H.

Went and checked out Lavy and Rovers today and I thought it was actually quite a good contest, Lavy not getting on top until the final term, Daniel Archer is certainly a big boy, but I think he plays way up the ground to much, I would think if the Rovers need to play him closer to goal..

I thought Jamie Sheahan was their best player today

Totally agree, the O&M has got a fair bit of explaining to do here! Dumbfounded by the outcomes!

The hearing was apparently still going at 1:30am Fri morning before the Anzac clash, ridiculous! how is that a fair preparation for the players and affected teams?

The O&M has opened a can of worms with this video review..I can see them getting bombarded with every little borderline incident from now on.

The O&M better explain their new stance and quick.

We don't wanna see every tribunal decision going to appeal and the O&M having to publicly justify and defend its decisions
Did the clubs vote for this or has it just been snuck in? What are the criteria and guidelines? What certification do those taking the video and those reviewing it have? How much of the game is actually recorded, the whole ground, partial coverage etc? What about the investigation process for clubs that feel an incident was missed? With the money that seems to be around in the O and M, how long before there is legal action over the interpretation an incident? Don't forget, many contact incidents look bad when shown close up without any context regarding the delivery or position of the ball and multiple player movements before its occurence.

Did the clubs vote for this or has it just been snuck in? What are the criteria and guidelines? What certification do those taking the video and those reviewing it have? How much of the game is actually recorded, the whole ground, partial coverage etc? What about the investigation process for clubs that feel an incident was missed? With the money that seems to be around in the O and M, how long before there is legal action over the interpretation an incident? Don't forget, many contact incidents look bad when shown close up without any context regarding the delivery or position of the ball and multiple player movements before its occurence.

Can answer one of your questions. The vision is only one camera per game and it basically just follows the ball. So there is a lot of the ground that is not recorded.

I've watched one quarter of the games played this weekend and I've seen something which could make it to the tribunal. Will be interested to see if it gets that far. One questionable striking incident (the vision is partly obscured) and some very clear vision of a headbutt.

Let's see how serious they are with this mysterious review system.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Besides Fevola and Pettifer the kids Yarra are playing is starting to come through Adkins Athanitis Symes Morey Schofileld very good signs a lot of pace.

Went and checked out Lavy and Rovers today and I thought it was actually quite a good contest, Lavy not getting on top until the final term, Daniel Archer is certainly a big boy, but I think he plays way up the ground to much, I would think if the Rovers need to play him closer to goal..

I thought Jamie Sheahan was their best player today

He's a massive unit archer. Hoppers go down by only 7 goals in Anzac day. If my memory serves me correct that would be the closest they have been to Albury on Anzac day and probably the closest they've been since they beat Albury in 2008. Not a bad effort considering they had no bench For a half and in many people's eyes it was the worst team they've put on the park in quiet some time. The character that young group has is simply outstanding. Struggle this week with a few gone down with injuries which is Dissapointing they will be doing there best to make Lavi work for it.

He's a massive unit archer. Hoppers go down by only 7 goals in Anzac day. If my memory serves me correct that would be the closest they have been to Albury on Anzac day and probably the closest they've been since they beat Albury in 2008. Not a bad effort considering they had no bench For a half and in many people's eyes it was the worst team they've put on the park in quiet some time. The character that young group has is simply outstanding. Struggle this week with a few gone down with injuries which is Dissapointing they will be doing there best to make Lavi work for it.

Didn't notice that they had lost their bench, must have been the cans! Who looks like missing this weekend? The talk of junk time goals last week irks me a bit, they could have easily been excused if they had stopped working in the last quarter, but they kept having a crack and the rewards came in the form of goals.

After all the s**t about the Hoppers, and 99% of people predicting they will be wooden spooners in 2014,,, well so far haven't they surprised on the field.Dont think they will be wooden spooners,,, may get close to the final 5 in fact..... Well done to all involved at the club. Keep it going, and well done to coach Aker,,, keeping out of the politics and concentrating on developing his list for on field performances.

Didn't notice that they had lost their bench, must have been the cans! Who looks like missing this weekend? The talk of junk time goals last week irks me a bit, they could have easily been excused if they had stopped working in the last quarter, but they kept having a crack and the rewards came in the form of goals.
A few played on that shouldn't have. Let's just say one lavy player will breathe a sigh of relief when the teams are announced. Wast a good day for injuries for the hoppers. Gunna hurt them in the next few weeks especially in the games they can win against raiders Wang maggies

ALBURY: Lonnie Hampton, Chris Hyde, Daniel Maher, Setanta O’hAilpin, Brayden O’Hara, Luke Packer, Dean Polo, Joel Mackie.

COROWA-RUTHERGLEN: Jamie Seymour.

LAVINGTON: Brant Dickson, Myles Aalbers, Adam Flagg, Justin Koschitzke, Luke Garland, Adam Prior, Matt Pendergast, James Saker.

MYRTLEFORD: Brad Murray.

NORTH ALBURY: Jarrah Maksymow.

WANGARATTA: Matt Grossman, Judd Porter.

WANGARATTA ROVERS: Jamie Sheahan, Daniel Archer, Tyson Hartwig.

WODONGA: Nil.

WODONGA RAIDERS: Jack Di Mizio, Dean Limbach, Steven Jolliffe.

YARRAWONGA: Drew Barnes, Craig Ednie, Brendan Fevola, Tim Cooper, Brad O’Connor, Kayne Pettifer, Xavier Leslie, Brandon Symes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Remove this Banner Ad

Back