GDFL Season 2018

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Round one is finally here, is anyone capable of knocking north geelong off ? Seems you could probably count bell post hill out with Dylan witney putting a clearance to afl qld !

Witney will certainly be a big loss for the Panthers. Does anyone know if it's a permanent move north? And what's the deal with Chris Parker, gets a clearance to Bell Post Hill and is now playing for North Shore? Perhaps Bizza has the good oil?

Round one is finally here, is anyone capable of knocking north geelong off ? Seems you could probably count bell post hill out with Dylan witney putting a clearance to afl qld !
Don't freak out guys, Witney is playing 1 game up north as he is travelling up for a mates wedding.

Werribee C big big win!no one expected the margin to be that big

I had a look at this game I was thinking this would be the best game to watch. Werribee played very well they look fit. West on the other hand looked fat and slow it was the west of old. I seen Washington on the footy show and he said the new ruckman gregorio was a big unit, he is the size of a house who couldn't jump off the ground. Belmont would start favourites against west this week.

I had a look at this game I was thinking this would be the best game to watch. Werribee played very well they look fit. West on the other hand looked fat and slow it was the west of old. I seen Washington on the footy show and he said the new ruckman gregorio was a big unit, he is the size of a house who couldn't jump off the ground. Belmont would start favourites against west this week.
As long suffering west supporter I have to agree . I thought this was going to be the year , I was bitterly dissapointed . Not only the ruckman but sims wall and white all looked unfit and hardly touched it , and when they did they just turned the ball over . But Werribee do look very slick .
I think Belmont will deserve to start favorites but god I hope west bounce back

I saw the Belmont lions on the weekend, I think they may have played against the wooden spooner, they might get 6/7 wins max

Any team that recruits a 40+ yr old from another gdfl reserves team as there number 1 ruckman are always gonna be in for a long year.

I think Belmont will have its moments but wether they have covered their losses from last year or not is yet to be decided, their draw this year should help

(Log in to remove this ad.)

i think the Belmont Lions will be the surprise packet this season and will be banging down the door on the top 5,we should all have a pretty good idea of where all clubs are at by the completion of round 6,lets just wait to see
GO LIONS

The pleasing thing for Belmont is that the senior team on Saturday had 5 boys in it who have come through the junior system and played under 18s last year so the club isnt relying soley on recruits, they all played well too.

Throw back to the dark old days at Belmont Lions v West today with a supporter punching a Belmont player after the game, West coincidently should have won by 10 goals but bad kicking influenced result

Its been an interesting first 2 rounds of the season. I watched G/West V werribee rd 1 which Werribee played very well and west played like the old west but then west beat Belmont. Did Belmont get a little ahead of themselves thinking they would roll West? What has been the outcome from the incident after the game on the weekend?
North and Werribee have started the season very well. I would be a little concerned with Werribee's lack of depth. They are calling out for reserves players on Werribee's website. What will happen later in the year when they get injuries? Inverleigh shocked everyone with a win over East. Inverleigh must have played ok against BPH in rd 1 they could be the big surprise of season 2014.

I wouldn't worry about the depth at werribee. Lost 7 or 8 of the last blokes picked and with a few work commitments, weddings and injuries early were just short on numbers. From watching them on the weekend still had 9 or 10 blokes who played senior footy last year in the early game at the weekend

I wouldn't worry about the depth at werribee. Lost 7 or 8 of the last blokes picked and with a few work commitments, weddings and injuries early were just short on numbers. From watching them on the weekend still had 9 or 10 blokes who played senior footy last year in the early game at the weekend

Werribee blokes talking it up as usual at the start of the year! When do they play north or BPH? We will see where there at against winch next week who have also improved & beat them in the finals last year

Why put a SOS out on the website if you are short for the first 2 rounds? Couldn't you just call a few players to fill in? Reading the players that played in the 2's I would say Werribee has no depth. You have said injuries is a problem now what happens later in the year? All clubs will have injuries during the year. I would be concerned with the depth.

Werribee blokes talking it up as usual at the start of the year! When do they play north or BPH? We will see where there at against winch next week who have also improved & beat them in the finals last year

Every year is the same isn't it, weribee play bph next round after the bye. But have had two comprehensive thumpings. Caught a bit of north v winch and north look slick again, skills and conditioning. Winch big test fell short. Not sure what happened with inva and east but inverleigh sound like the surprise packet! Corio might be in for a very lean year

Every year is the same isn't it, weribee play bph next round after the bye. But have had two comprehensive thumpings. Caught a bit of north v winch and north look slick again, skills and conditioning. Winch big test fell short. Not sure what happened with inva and east but inverleigh sound like the surprise packet! Corio might be in for a very lean year

Heard on match of the round north v winch that north Geelong still have a few out.. Podnar mathison the 2 bryants van krieken, plus Froggy Breguet & woods returning mid year.

Heard on match of the round north v winch that north Geelong still have a few out.. Podnar mathison the 2 bryants van krieken, plus Froggy Breguet & woods returning mid year.

Sounds scary for the competition, have heard podnar is giving it away though? Anyone in the know confirm? Went watched Colac Geelong West Friday. Symes struggled against bigger stronger blokes, peel did a few good things though. Very fast paced turnover footy

Interesting round 3, thoughts tips?

Bannock v Inverleigh ??? with a question mark, great win by Inver last week, anzac day clash should be a ripper.

Winch v Corio

Werribee v BPH ??? with a question mark, both look strong, draw.

North v East ? will east have a crack after losing to Inver???

Anakie v West ??? west looked good last week, hopefully anakie play well at home for their supporters and sneak a win.

Thomson v Belmont ??? hard to pick, Belmont must stop McLeod. should be close, good test for Lions?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back