Premiership Player
Dec 30, 2004
Stanhope
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Tongala
re
Haha I'm sure it was his father and his cousin playing there that swayed him and not money! For if it was his father why didn't he sign on at the start of the year and not 3 games in.
Seems the only logical reason actually Snowman, Stanhope offered him double that of Merrigum and he still decided to play at Merrigum, so family ties would seem to be the only plausible justification to such an insane decision!!;)

Snowman12

Debutant
Mar 29, 2013
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Because he went back to Mooroopna and it didn't work out so he came out to Merrigum. Also it's because you know sweet FA about the bloke. I won't bother any longer with your tiny mind today.
Same barca from Barooga, no one else coming though. We payed all the cash to Barcs!!!
Oh young dids straight on the defensive side. Well if it was purely family connections he would have signed on from the start! Don't sit back and tell me his playing purely for family when he would be on a nice wicket to play there. And if it's close to what barooga paid him he'll be a happy man. And good on him I say if it's there take it.

Snowman12

Debutant
Mar 29, 2013
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Seems the only logical reason actually Snowman, Stanhope offered him double that of Merrigum and he still decided to play at Merrigum, so family ties would seem to be the only plausible justification to such an insane decision!!;)
Maybe he likes the blokes better at merrigum haha where do these clubs find big dollars just into the season.

Jan 8, 2010
AFL Club
Collingwood
Oh young dids straight on the defensive side. Well if it was purely family connections he would have signed on from the start! Don't sit back and tell me his playing purely for family when he would be on a nice wicket to play there. And if it's close to what barooga paid him he'll be a happy man. And good on him I say if it's there take it.

You attack I'll defend that's how a argument/rebuttal generally works.

I'll dot point this for dummies...
• He went back to Mooroopna from Barooga.
• He wasn't playing senior football at Mooroopna
• He wanted to play senior football
• he talked to Stanhope and Merrigum about playing Senior football with them.
• chose Merrigum even though the pay was half. Due to family connection and mates at the club.
• You are correct the quality of blokes at the Gum is considerably higher. Especially since the retirement of Andrew Speed.

You have hank whom knows the workings of Mooroopna and Stanhope and myself who is certainly privy to what happens at Merrigum. Then we have you who knows nothing about all of the above.
Where do they find the money you ask?
• make a player payment budget.
•also budget for hoist equipment for short people such as J Hooper.
•if a player becomes available and you are still within the budget you can afford to pay them.

I'm not the treasurer but their experience is accounting and they assure me that they know what they're doing. I'm a bit dubious but hey... IT'S A MAD HOUSE OVER HERE!!!

jayco13

Club Legend
Mar 23, 2011
Rushworth
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Rushworth, NY Jets,

• chose Merrigum even though the pay was half. Due to family connection and mates at the club.
• You are correct the quality of blokes at the Gum is considerably higher. Especially since the retirement of Andrew Speed.

You have hank whom knows the workings of Mooroopna and Stanhope and myself who is certainly privy to what happens at Merrigum. Then we have you who knows nothing about all of the above.
•if a player becomes available and you are still within the budget you can afford to pay them.

I'm not the treasurer but their experience is accounting and they assure me that they know what they're doing. I'm a bit dubious but hey... IT'S A MAD HOUSE OVER HERE!!!

Must say dids that merrigums rise up the ladder, and speedys retirement can't just be coincidence :D

Snowman12

Debutant
Mar 29, 2013
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions

Wow wee! Now if you had just written that first up, u would have saved urself abit of stress n getting worked up over dummies. Haha unreal. Not sure I asked you about financial funding, thou I appreciate your effort in educating me being I'm simple minded. Also I do know barcs has red hair, sooo I do know something :)

mickamona136

Senior List
Aug 27, 2013
AFL Club
Adelaide
Went out for a look at Gig vs Ardy yesterday, thought it might of been a bit tighter than what it was.
Gig played a well drilled running game i thought for most of the game, midfeild looks to have improved heaps, Makar the driving force in there along with number 34, not sure who he was.
Number 1 held Willow down well, think he kicked 2 goals and only about that many more kicks, Parsons ran free off the back line pritty much all day, created lots of run through the middle, Down the other end O'Dwyer had control, even double teamed, kicked 6-7 i think, 27 Trevena was about the only one who gave Gig problems running down the wing, played a very good game, would think he was there best, T Durward had no impact on the game what so ever, hope they kept his player payment and put it on the bar, My thoughts Gig will upset some more sides on they way during the year, dont count them out just yet.

Donthesash

Rookie
Feb 28, 2014
AFL Club
Essendon
Went out for a look at Gig vs Ardy yesterday, thought it might of been a bit tighter than what it was.
Gig played a well drilled running game i thought for most of the game, midfeild looks to have improved heaps, Makar the driving force in there along with number 34, not sure who he was.
Number 1 held Willow down well, think he kicked 2 goals and only about that many more kicks, Parsons ran free off the back line pritty much all day, created lots of run through the middle, Down the other end O'Dwyer had control, even double teamed, kicked 6-7 i think, 27 Trevena was about the only one who gave Gig problems running down the wing, played a very good game, would think he was there best, T Durward had no impact on the game what so ever, hope they kept his player payment and put it on the bar, My thoughts Gig will upset some more sides on they way during the year, dont count them out just yet.

did you happen to see the Ardy player get changed at half time and start drinking with the ardy supporters for the second half , Not too sure who it was

brownlow ben

Rookie
Jan 27, 2009
AFL Club
Richmond
did you happen to see the Ardy player get changed at half time and start drinking with the ardy supporters for the second half , Not too sure who it was
I'm hearing the same thing. Interesting to hear what the coach and rest of the playing group thought about this if true

mickamona136

Senior List
Aug 27, 2013
AFL Club
Adelaide
If he was injured, then he was probably just thirsty. If he was dragged and cracked it, he was still probably thirsty and didn't run away and sulk.
I have been told Ralphy , not %100 sure but, I do know when Gig played them last season he walked off at half time, then put Clarence in to Lancy,maybe just doesn't like playing Girgarre ?

Apr 24, 2014
AFL Club
North Melbourne
I have been told Ralphy , not %100 sure but, I do know when Gig played them last season he walked off at half time, then put Clarence in to Lancy,maybe just doesn't like playing Girgarre ?
i was at the game and im pretty it was nick air, after being concussed in a solid tackle in the second quarter. the trainers told him he wont play out the rest of the game, so he got changed.. not sure aboutthe drinking though!
ii

jayco13

Club Legend
Mar 23, 2011
Rushworth
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Rushworth, NY Jets,
Noticed Bryce Wellington's name on the clearances page?

Had heard he was going to play a few games for the gum and see how he went with the travel... think he lives in hopeton or somewhere like that. Travel must have got too much.... picked a good week to go back I must say :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back