2016/17 Perth Glory Thread-20 Years of Glory..Castro for Premier!

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Historically Burns wasn't too bad, it's only been the last two or so seasons.
That's close to half his tenure and it appears we may inexplicably and idiotically be going to keep him on in some role.
I was originally referring to Bojangles inclination to defend both Burns and all things Glory when it was clear the tail was getting larger and larger and the dog was starving to death.

So you're saying Burns hasn't done anything for this club. Right okay then cupcake I've said he stayed a season too long in hindsight but to say he's never done anything is either a troll or just ignorant. Great send off tonight with the banner. Played a great formation tonight that gave the full backs plenty of space, Clisby now looks like a left back. It's a typical Glory win to suck us in to get memberships next season.

We're still s**t of course.

Last edited:

Thank god that is finally over. I'll be missing it in a few weeks but when we are playing like s**t for half a season and not winning many games it's hard to find the motivation to keep going. At least last night was a good performance and lets hope we can back it up next week and give Burnsie a good send off.

On a side note, I walked away with Burns's game shirt last night.

Dear Member,

With the 2013/14 A-League season coming to an end for Perth Glory, I have a very simple and clear message for all our players, coaches, fans and corporate partners, THANK-YOU.

Thank you all for your support toward Perth Glory this season.Your support has been greatly appreciated, it is never taken for granted and we will strive to reward your support next year with greater success both on and off the pitch.

To all the players that have worked hard in training and in our matches throughout the A-League season, thank you for all your efforts. It has, of course, been a very tough season with results clearly not going our way, however we have seen many of our younger players such as Jack Duncan, Danny De Silva, Matt Davies, Brandon O’Neil, Jack Clisby, Cameron Edwards, Ryan Edwards, Jaime MacLaren, Riley Woodcock and Chris Harold, to name a few, all performed strongly in our Hyundai A-League side this season and gained invaluable experience that will no doubt make them stronger for next season.

We have also seen many of our senior players stand tall during the hard and difficult periods during the season and whose experience and leadership has been invaluable.

Thank you, as well, to all who are involved in our football department and coaching staff, whose hours spent on the training pitch, in their preparation for match days and in their game day activities, continue to amaze me with their commitment and resolve to the Club.

This year we have of course gone through dramatic changes with our head coaching arrangements, which led to Kenny Lowe and Andy Ord assuming the Head Coach and Assistant Coach role on an interim basis in December 2013. Both deserve major recognition for stepping up and taking on such roles, under very difficult circumstances and for handling themselves with dignity under intense pressure from the media and for guiding the Club through to the end of this season.

The work that both have done behind the scenes in the football department and with all the players has been exceptional and sets the Club on the right course for next season. We will of course be shortly making the decision of a permanent Head Coach for the Club and whoever is selected will inherit an environment much the better for their involvement.

It is also important to recognise the significant contribution to the Club from those involved in our memberships, marketing, media, ticketing, community, events and administration team.

This year the Club has continued to achieve majorgrowth across a number of key areas including memberships to its highest ever levels, attendances at our highest levels in the A-League, corporate partnerships and merchandise sales to record levels and community programs far broader than ever achieved by Perth Glory and these results are indicative of the state of the Hyundai A-League and importantly football as a sport.

The Club is particularly proud of the work done through our community department with charities, schools and local clubs. As a result the Club’s is now in its strongest ever financial position and this can only enhance the football departments prospects next season and in the seasons ahead.

In addition a thanks must be given to our Advisory Board who have provided guidance over the past season, ensured adherence to strict corporate governance criteria and assisted in the many internal reviews that have been undertaken at the Club to make sure we move forward next season with strength, a clear direction and strategy.

To our major corporate partners, QBE Insurance Australia, LiveLighter, Healthways, Europcar, Clough Engineering, Harvey Fresh,ORH and OZ Eating, that continue to support the Club and the work we do both on and off the field, thank you.

Thanks too, to the many other corporate partners that support the Club and allow us to broaden our initiatives in the Western Australia football community.

Of course what makes football so unique in the Australian sporting landscape is its fans, the long serving and dedicated supporters and members of Perth Glory.

The fans, who despite one of the toughest seasons for the Club in the Hyundai A-League, continue to proudly wear the purple shirt, who stay the full 90 minutes, whose positivity is infectious, whose chants continue, even when the results stop, and whose faith in the Perth Glory Football Club remains.

It is those fans, supporters and members that I have saved one of the biggest thank you's for.

Those fans, who have in, record numbers this season, joined as members and like myself, Tony Sage, the players, coaches and staff all believe Perth Glory will come back bigger, better, stronger and more determined for season 2014/15.

For our members in the corporate suites, VIP boxes, platinum, Gold+, Gold, Glory 500, silver seats and those members in the Shed, your support has lifted and sustained the Club this season and over many seasons before that. With a record number of members this season and with a strong attendance forecast for our last home game of the season on Saturday, the Club will achieve its biggest seasons attendance since the A-League commenced and that is entirely down to the fans and members who continue to demonstrate their support for the Club.

Over the course of this season, the Club has made major strides in strengthening its relationship with its fans and members, and this will continue in to the off season and well into next season.

I believe we are now in the strongest position that we have ever been in and have the best opportunity in front of us for all members and fans to help shape the Club’s future and play a key role in helping the Perth Glory Football Club achieve success on and off the pitch.

Our members and fans are the ones who help define what this Club is, as custodians of this Club, we need to have all of you behind us as we start our preparations and planning for next season.

I hope the game on Saturday, the People’s Game, is truly that, a recognition of the strength and history of the local football community in Perth and an acknowledgment of the many local football dignitaries and volunteers who have given so much to our game in Western Australia.

I look forward to seeing many of you at our many National Premier League, FFA Cup and pre-season games during the winter months, when we will play many of the local football clubs and further strengthen our ties to Perth’s football community.

I also look forward to seeing you sign up as members for Perth Glory for the 2014/15 A-League season when we will be challenging for the championship and rewarding all our long serving and dedicated supporters and members.

Thank-you for your tireless commitment, which is the envy of every other club and remember....

NO GUTS NO GLORY!

Sincerely,
Jason Brewer
Chief Executive Officer
Perth Glory Football Club

So what is it that you realised then. I wouldn't get a membership if he did. It would be great though, you could see him out on the piss with the other coaching staff the night before a vital game like he was doing in SE Asia when Socceroos manager. #jobsfortheboys

I think we should make a serious play for Arnold. At least he comes with a track record of success at local level, unlike pretty much all of our previous half a dozen or so managers. If Sage is serious about rebuilding the club, he needs to get this appointment right.

It seems Arnold has ruled himself out and we're going to sign Kenny Lowe. Apparently it's because Tony Sage was impressed by the finish to the season and they players like Kenny. Also he's worried about bringing in a big money foreign manager who has little or no experience with the league.

How much truth is in the story is debatable but the very fact that Kenny Lowe is even still in the running for the role is a reflection on our owner.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

OH FFS!! Thank god I don't go to the games solely for watching the match or I'd be in for a s**t couple of seasons.

Dear Member,

Perth Glory F.C is pleased to announce that Kenny Lowe, will now officially be signed on by the Club as the full-time Head Coach for our Hyundai A-League side.

Lowe, who was also previously an assistant manager at the club during the Dave Mitchell era, will sign a two-year contract today which follows the strategic focus that Perth Glory has been taking, to ensure a more youthful brand of Football for the West Australian faithful to follow.

“Kenny Lowe is the best fit for this Club in terms delivering on the Club's strategy and achieving success for all involved and associated with the Club, both on and off the pitch.” CEO Jason Brewer stated today.

“He is one of the most qualified coaches in the country, with his AFC Pro License, and he is by far the best youth development coach in Australia, nobody knows the talent that we have in this state better than Kenny Lowe.”

“Kenny’s appointment comes after an extremely focused and intense process and I’m positive that we have made the right choice.” Brewer concluded.

When questioned on what differentiated Kenny from the other candidates, Brewer put the answer fairly simply.

“He’s the most prepared for the job by far.” Brewer explained

“When he first came in as interim Head Coach, he already had analysed every game over the past two seasons, he already knew which players he thought the squad needed and he already had an idea on what type of improvements the footballing department needed to ensure long-term success.”

“Another key point of difference with Kenny is that he’s passionate.” Brewer continued.

“We had candidates that matched Kenny’s talent, but none matched his passion, and I believe that is what we need more of in this Club. Every player, coach, admin member and volunteer must match the passion of the supporters and members for this club to be great again. That’s what we need to pride ourselves on.”

Kenny Lowe’s appointment is the first change of many planned for the Club’s football department during the off-season with a number of key changes to me made in areas such as strength and conditioning, player requitement, coaching recruitment, player rights and player welfare as well as strengthening the current medical department.

NO GUTS NO GLORY!

Sincerely,
Jason Brewer
Chief Executive Officer
Perth Glory Football Club

seinfeld_no_thanks.gif

* this. I'm out.

“Another key point of difference with Kenny is that he’s passionate.” Brewer continued.

“We had candidates that matched Kenny’s talent, but none matched his passion, and I believe that is what we need more of in this Club. Every player, coach, admin member and volunteer must match the passion of the supporters and members for this club to be great again. That’s what we need to pride ourselves on.”

Sometimes Kenny can be a little, lets say, too passionate. I know what Brewer is trying to say there but it may come back to kick us in the nuts.

Not surprised at all. Why get an experienced coach and improve the club when you can save money? Now can't wait for the signings of some 30 year old hacks to replace our promising young players.

When was the last time we didn't hire the caretaker coach on a permanent basis in this situation? Only one I can think of is Alan Vest.

NSL Marocchi and Stange both got the arse after the season. A-League though we've sacked every coach mid season. McMahon replaced by Vest, Smith replaced by Mitchell, Mitchell by Fergie, Fergie by Edwards, Edwards by Lowe.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back