SFL DIV3 2014

Remove this Banner Ad

Tips round 3-
Sandown - by 32
After a disappointing start for Sandown, can't see them going 0-3, will win comfortably at home
Ashwood - by 20
We know they have what it takes to contend with other sides, just cant get a win though, there kicking goals unlike Dandy, that why I'm tipping them.
Mt Waverly - by 75
Can't tip against them. Too good.
Lyndale - by 9 points
Going to be a great game, if Lyndale gets those new guys that just transferred on the park, can only add to what's been a good start to the season already, CPL though are playing good footy, can go either way.
Black Rock - by 35
Think the Jets will end the Falcons great start to the season, they will be too good for them, but the Falcons will not make it easy for them.

What's the misinformation then?

The amount of guess work that people have been putting into about how much teams pay or if they even pay players at all.

No one here knows who gets paid and how much. No one knows the motives behind people moving from one club to another. Whether it be from EFL to Mt Waverley or MPNFL to CPL.

The only people who know will be a select few within a particular club, everyone is just making an 'educated guess' and don't know how far they could be from the truth.

Before anyone gets carried away about how the SFL is against other leagues, put it into perspective. It's a s**t league. Simple. Minimal Ex AFL players. If the players are good they goto the EFL, Casey-Cardinia, Ellinbank or MPNFL for good cash. No other metro league gets pulled like the SFL. SFL players wouldn't get the same $ in other leagues as they do in the SFL so they stay, get paid, boost their ego's and are happy being big fish in a small shitty pond. Sorry, but players get paid in the worst division of the worst league in Melbourne. Mt Waverley even pay their reserves coach, so if you don't reckon Mt Waverley pay players, you're kidding yourself, and if you reckon Mt Waverley are on their own by paying players, you're still kidding yourself. Players at CPL playing 1's, getting paid some $ and possibly winning a flag OR playing in MPNFL ie Bonbeach, Chelsea, Edi-Asp in the 2's getting $0. Overpaid players. s**t umpires. s**t league admin. No juniors. No point system.

This is how Mt Waverley approached their recruits, paying them decent dollars, and promising them a premiership due to their recruiting, and a promise of return/transfer to the EFL in the next 2 years. This was the recruiting tactics used to try and acquire minimum 10 players, using each others names as drawcards, FACT. Unfortunately for them they didn't quite get all of their men, but don't think that the recruiting drive is over, from what I have discussed with a couple of their committee members, is that the push to ensure this years premiership and transfer to EFL is still well and truly on, and they expect to sign a few more bigger names in month.
My concern is for the better younger players of Mount witnessing this, and if they don't win the premiership, those paid players all leave, will this leave those younger/better players disgruntled, this has the makings of being a disaster for Mount Waverley.

This is how Mt Waverley approached their recruits, paying them decent dollars, and promising them a premiership due to their recruiting, and a promise of return/transfer to the EFL in the next 2 years. This was the recruiting tactics used to try and acquire minimum 10 players, using each others names as drawcards, FACT. Unfortunately for them they didn't quite get all of their men, but don't think that the recruiting drive is over, from what I have discussed with a couple of their committee members, is that the push to ensure this years premiership and transfer to EFL is still well and truly on, and they expect to sign a few more bigger names in month.
My concern is for the better younger players of Mount witnessing this, and if they don't win the premiership, those paid players all leave, will this leave those younger/better players disgruntled, this has the makings of being a disaster for Mount Waverley.

Hahaha * your full of s**t mate, been reading this forum for the last few weeks n just laughing.
I play at Mt Waverley, in the Seniors and I transferred from the EFL last year. The reason I transferred is because I started my footy at Mount and wanted to play with my mates again, it was the exact same reason for 5 others blokes that came back. Another transfer we had was a bloke I work with who was keen to play some senior footy. I think there is one player who we have signed up that we didn't already know. And the only reason he is playing with us is because he can't be bothered driving 3 hours to Wangaratta to play and he lives the next street over from Mayfield reserve. None of us get paid a cent I know that for a fact, so not sure where your getting all this information from but it's all a load of s**t.

I have been a long time supplier to clubs in the SFL, VAFA, MPNFL and a couple of EFL clubs. I have seen many games from each league in every division and the SFL standard isn't as good generally but it is a viable league, most clubs have got money, and for blokes that live in the southern clubs proximity why wouldn't they try and get a bit of coin. One thing is for sure that whilst the standard is not the highest of leagues it is merely an opinion that it is "s**t" 9396 it is merely just your opinion. It is competitive and has a place in the footy landscape. For what it's worth whilst the footy standard is not the highest the admin is by far the best, they are quality, well educated smart and operate at a very high standard, ever since the mid 2000's when holsworth from the AFL took over they have lifted and lifted and then gone to the top, Cannizzio is a product of the previous boss but is younger and has some great ideas. Just my opinion lads.

quote="BFC10, post: 32712699, member: 123041"]This is how Mt Waverley approached their recruits, paying them decent dollars, and promising them a premiership due to their recruiting, and a promise of return/transfer to the EFL in the next 2 years. This was the recruiting tactics used to try and acquire minimum 10 players, using each others names as drawcards, FACT. Unfortunately for them they didn't quite get all of their men, but don't think that the recruiting drive is over, from what I have discussed with a couple of their committee members, is that the push to ensure this years premiership and transfer to EFL is still well and truly on, and they expect to sign a few more bigger names in month.
My concern is for the better younger players of Mount witnessing this, and if they don't win the premiership, those paid players all leave, will this leave those younger/better players disgruntled, this has the makings of being a disaster for Mount Waverley.[/quote]

Nos_4r2 couldn't be more correct with the misinformation in here especially with this jackass! Why don't you tell us all where u get all this so called facts from?? If you want some facts here is a fact mt waverkey have 5 players in the seniors under the age of 21 who are regularly in the best, If your going to make up some rumours at least make up something with a bit more substance then what you are coming up with!

quote="BFC10, post: 32712699, member: 123041"]This is how Mt Waverley approached their recruits, paying them decent dollars, and promising them a premiership due to their recruiting, and a promise of return/transfer to the EFL in the next 2 years. This was the recruiting tactics used to try and acquire minimum 10 players, using each others names as drawcards, FACT. Unfortunately for them they didn't quite get all of their men, but don't think that the recruiting drive is over, from what I have discussed with a couple of their committee members, is that the push to ensure this years premiership and transfer to EFL is still well and truly on, and they expect to sign a few more bigger names in month.

Nos_4r2 couldn't be more correct with the misinformation in here especially with this jackass! Why don't you tell us all where u get all this so called facts from?? If you want some facts here is a fact mt waverkey have 5 players in the seniors under the age of 21 who are regularly in the best, If your going to make up some rumours at least make up something with a bit more substance then what you are coming up with![/quote]
Jay have you heard talk of Mount going to the EFL?

Nos_4r2 couldn't be more correct with the misinformation in here especially with this jackass! Why don't you tell us all where u get all this so called facts from?? If you want some facts here is a fact mt waverkey have 5 players in the seniors under the age of 21 who are regularly in the best, If your going to make up some rumours at least make up something with a bit more substance then what you are coming up with!
Jay have you heard talk of Mount going to the EFL?[/quote]

Absolutely not as said before in here i have heard that in the past, many years ago they had looked at and decided against it. The clubs future is focussing on juniors and u19's and not what league they are playing in, the club is very happy with the SFL. I personally couldnt agree with you more "perspective" in regards to the SFL Admin and the league in general, just look at the differnce in Div 3 from 4-5 yrs ago, it has come a long way and is getting players from better divisions and leagues, what ever the players motives are it is only strengthen the competition. Another interesting FACT 2/3rds (600 players) of clearances were from other leagues to the SFL not bad for a supposed "s**t" league!

About time I posted here.

I'm one of the recruits you are talking about for CPL.

Myself and my best mate (also named a lot in this thread) decided to join CPL because we jointly own a house that essentially backs onto Roy Dore, are good mates with Rhett Moor from our time at CH, and wanted to play with him and the likes of Fitch (who has since retired).

Not a single person at CPL gets paid, and despite some of the bullshit written here, some people should realise that football isn't always about making coin. We both played VAFA and we're engrained in that culture, again, we aren't used to playing for $$$. My mate turned down big $$$ to remain at CH, I turned down offers from MPNFL clubs and other Div 1 SFL football sides.

I know it's hard to fathom, but lifestyle comes first in our decisions as apposed to whoring ourselves around.

So localfoots I can guarantee you that your guarantee is way off the mark.

At the end of the day the only people who really know, who/if people are getting payed are the committee and the player/s themselves.
Players can speak for themselves but nobody can really say that a club doesn't pay players if there not one of those two! So if they say there not, gotta go by there word, but there only speaking about themselves.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

At the end of the day the only people who really know, who/if people are getting payed are the committee and the player/s themselves.
Players can speak for themselves but nobody can really say that a club doesn't pay players if there not one of those two! So if they say there not, gotta go by there word, but there only speaking about themselves.

Exactly, I am just speculating from things people have told me. There could be players getting paid at your club but they keep it under raps.

And I think people assume that paying players make a team better or gets you better players, not necessarily. I know for a fact Kiki went to Dandenong on $200 a game, there is a player at Ashwood on $500+ a game! Look how well they are doing.

I don't care who gets paid or how much. I love the stress release of playing every weekend and not worrying about business. I don't know who gets paid at my club or if anyone does, but we do have a rewards scheme where the best two players in each side get some cash. Does most clubs do this?

Before anyone gets carried away about how the SFL is against other leagues, put it into perspective. It's a s**t league. Simple. Minimal Ex AFL players. If the players are good they goto the EFL, Casey-Cardinia, Ellinbank or MPNFL for good cash. No other metro league gets pulled like the SFL. SFL players wouldn't get the same $ in other leagues as they do in the SFL so they stay, get paid, boost their ego's and are happy being big fish in a small shitty pond. Sorry, but players get paid in the worst division of the worst league in Melbourne. Mt Waverley even pay their reserves coach, so if you don't reckon Mt Waverley pay players, you're kidding yourself, and if you reckon Mt Waverley are on their own by paying players, you're still kidding yourself. Players at CPL playing 1's, getting paid some $ and possibly winning a flag OR playing in MPNFL ie Bonbeach, Chelsea, Edi-Asp in the 2's getting $0. Overpaid players. s**t umpires. s**t league admin. No juniors. No point system.

I can't believe you put Ellinbank in the same sentence as the other leagues you mentioned. There is no way the Ellinbank league is on par with the SFL let alon the other leagues you mentioned.

Some good games this weekend.. anyone think there could be any upsets?

I saw South Yarra play Hallam in Round 1 and then Sandown play CPL last week. I know i tipped Sandown (so has everyone else by the looks of it) but i reckon South Yarra could get up in an upset here.

Sandown by 37, expected.
Ashwood by 15, Dandenong are a rabble.
Mount Waverley by 120, I dare somebody to try and stop them?
CPL by 78, really thought Lyndale would test them more than that.
Black Rock by 23, good effort by the Falcons to get within 4 goals.

Looking like a 2 horse race boys, Big game next week Mt Waverley vs. Black Rock. Will good to see how the Mountain Lions go against a decent opposition

To be honest, the jury is still out on Mt Waverley, they have played Ashwood, Dandy & Hallam... You can only beat who is in front of you and they have destroyed them, 2 of them teams are winless & have been beaten convincingly each week with ashwood only just getting over the line against Dandy today. Next week against Black Rock we will see where they really sit.
CPL in my opinion are definitely the benchmark and I believe them to be a better side then the Doveton Premiership team last year. Today they had no Moor, Stork, Dalton, Dent & Bertard (the kid can seriously play). Yes Lyndale had there outs too with Deszy, Read & new recruit Harrison. I still think with maturity, disciplines etc they are gonna be hard to beat and could go the year undefeated. Just my thoughts.

Last edited:
To be honest, the jury is still out on Mt Waverley, they have played Ashwood, Dandy & Hallam... You can only beat who is in front of you and they have destroyed them, 2 of them teams are winless & have been beaten convincingly each week with ashwood only just getting over the line against Dandy today. Next week against Black Rock we will see where they really sit.
CPL in my opinion are definitely the benchmark and I believe them to be a better side then the Doveton Premiership team last year. Today they had no Stork, Dalton, Dent & Bertard (the kid can seriously play). Yes Lyndale had there outs too with Deszy, Read & new recruit Harrison. I still think with maturity, disciplines etc they are gonna be hard to beat and could go the year undefeated. Just my thoughts.

Agreed they have played the bottom 3 sides but Mount has put them there, would like to know how CPL plan on stopping big J. Gough. He's kicked 6-7-11 his first 3 games. And judging from there best players in the first few it looks like the Beecroft and Stacey show in the guts.

Lyndale might not be as good as first thought? 70 points to a team you should really be challenging if you want to have any chance in finals.

Haven't seen either side play this year, but fair to say I'd be surprised if one of the combination of Moor, McMurray & James Dent couldn't keep Gough quiet.

Haven't seen either side play this year, but fair to say I'd be surprised if one of the combination of Moor, McMurray & James Dent couldn't keep Gough quiet.

You think Dandy, Ashwood or Hallam haven't tried double or triple teaming him? Even if that works it creates free men for Mount.

I went and watched the CPL game today and can't say any of there defender's have enough size to take him one on one.

Id say either Dent or Moor. Gough is a man mountain... Played CPL only once last year for 3 goals. CPL backline very big and strong, dont think they will have an issue but we will find out round 6 anyway.
Beecroft, I'm assuming has taken the ruck role, leaving Wilkin to play lose in the backline with his good overhead marking. Stacey obviously improved since coming back from Montrose.
Lyndale actually up at halftime, I guess CPL started to play after that. They have the ability to score and score quickly as we found out last week.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back