Toast Pav's 300th: Blubberfest #1

Remove this Banner Ad

I remember seeing Lilly & Thommo nearly kill Cowdrey at the WACA in 74 I think. Thommos runup & how high & hard it was bouncing into marsh's gloves & the noise it made thumping into boycotts body & the oohs & aahs if the crowd when it did. Never forget that. A real gladiator pit it was.

I was there too, the athmosphere was electric. There was no petty political correctness in that era, kill, kill, kill was the chant.

I wonder if people will talk about Mitchell Johnson's season in a similar vein in the future. It's a long time since I saw a batsman afraid to face a bowler but he managed both here and in South Africa.

Please do not mention Johnson in the same manner as DK, it is like mentioning Daniel Schell in the same manner as Pav.

Matthew+Pavlich+AFL+Rd+11+Richmond+v+Fremantle+HVFT29HJ8K0l.jpg

My avatar!!!!!! :D

So, next week against the Cats at home, it will be the big Pav's 300th game. The first ever Fremantle player to ever reach the milestone. Post in this thread regarding anything to do with the man.

Let's all change our avatars to one of the Pav in celebration/tribute.

026755-6221c79e-69fe-11e3-b1c2-12026a975936.jpg

Name: Matthew Pavlich
Date of Birth: December 31st 1981
Height: 192cm
Weight: 99kg
Team: Fremantle Dockers
Guernsey No: 29
Games: 299
Goals: 598

572162-matthew-pavlich.jpg

Awards:

The greatest Fremantle Docker ever. Let's give our thanks.

551928-matthew-pavlich.jpg

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Not only Freo he's the only WA based player to do 300 games.
That's the quantity record broken but how do we measure the quality record.
Doesn't matter how it's measured, he's obliterated it.

Last edited:
Its a must win game for the great man.The roof needs to be lifted of the stands anytime he gets near the ball
If the boys and the crowd cant get up for this nothing will motivate them.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back