Ben Griffiths, Jake Carlisle, Aaron Black

Which of these will make it? (can vote for more than one)

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Mike Pyke's a good contested mark as well. It doesn't automatically make you a good forward.

Never been a big fan of Black,

Carlisle is being destroyed by his coach playing him out of position.

Griffiths looks like he is salvaging his career, when he looked a big big bust

What is your reasoning behind this? Black's been the best forward of the three this year and isn't even playing well.
Agree, they're all players with great potential, experiencing the ups and downs that come with being a young tall.

Mike Pyke's a good contested mark as well. It doesn't automatically make you a good forward.
Griffiths is also elite below his knees, very quick for his size and one of the best kicks of a football you will ever see.

Agree, they're all players with great potential, experiencing the ups and downs that come with being a young tall.

Griffiths is also elite below his knees, very quick for his size and one of the best kicks of a football you will ever see.

Calm down. With attributes like that he should become the greatest player in history.

The Griffiths hype in this thread is ridiculous. How does a 200cm with supposedly elite kicking skills, elite marking skills, elite below his knees and is super quick for his size struggle to break the 10 possession mark with any regularity.

I'm yet to see him demonstrate anything resembling above average speed, he made Nick Maxwell look like Usain Bolt at times during the Collingwood game and no one would describe him as quick and elite below the knees you have to be kidding.

The Griffiths hype in this thread is ridiculous. How does a 200cm with supposedly elite kicking skills, elite marking skills, elite below his knees and is super quick for his size struggle to break the 10 possession mark with any regularity.

I'm yet to see him demonstrate anything resembling above average speed, he made Nick Maxwell look like Usain Bolt at times during the Collingwood game and no one would describe him as quick and elite below the knees you have to be kidding.

Potential is a scary thing.

Carlisle > Griffiths > Black for what it's worth. if anybody is over hyped it's Black.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Calm down. With attributes like that he should become the greatest player in history.
There is far more to a great player than just the three attributes I mentioned. Ben has those three attributes. Putting them together in a complete package is another thing entirely, involving game knowledge, reading of the play, courage, anticipation, teammates, coaching, desire, workrate, etc. All are areas in which he can improve. The only hyperbole is coming from you, so I suggest you calm down and not put words in my mouth.

For balance, Carlisle has elite hands, great mobility and positioning in a marking contest. Black is exceptionally agile, a great runner, has excellent goal instincts. They probably won't become the greatest player ever either.

Carlisle is so slow. It's why he conceded goals on the lead and it's why he can't get separation from his opponent in the forward line.

Not an excuse for spitting the dummy and not working hard when you have to play forward I'm afraid.
Yeah, he's been disappointing. My solution pre-season looks good: Fletcher forward

Back