Preview Rnd 6 - Carlton vs West Coast Saturday 26th April 2014 @ Etihad 4.40pm - Team post #536

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Couldn't be more disappointed with the ins, besides Jamo who is a lock whenever fit the rest are fringe older players and there have been kids in the magoos performing well and should be given a chance before the likes of Robbo and McLean. It is like with 1 win we have totally forgotten the first 3 rounds and think we are now back in the premiership window and getting games into kids is no longer important.

would have thought that with judd, curnow and bell out cripps would have a spot in the midfield. disappointing.

still no docherty ?

Cannot believe Buckley isn't in the side absolutely disgraceful. The kid was in our best when the rest of the front runners were getting done and all of a sudden he gets dropped. No wonder we never develop our young talent when they get treated like crap.

Your constant referral to our players as soft, front runners etc. is getting quite tiresome.

If you can't find a way to praise a player without denigrating the rest of the group then I suggest you don't bother posting.

Alternatively there are plenty of other places where you'd fit right in. Bay 13, Talking Carlton, Carlton's Facebook page. You should try posting there.

Your constant referral to our players as soft, front runners etc. is getting quite tiresome.

If you can't find a way to praise a player without denigrating the rest of the group then I suggest you don't bother posting.

Alternatively there are plenty of other places where you'd fit right in. Bay 13, Talking Carlton, Carlton's Facebook page. You should try posting there.
I am with BS10 when we were in our darkest spot after the essendon and demons losses it was Buckley alone that gave us hope.

I am with BS10 when we were in our darkest spot after the essendon and demons losses it was Buckley alone that gave us hope.
Yarran was the player who was still bursting out of the blocks and trying to create play.

Buckley shouldn't be considered a walk up start. Difference between being a player with promise and a consistant senior player who is a walk up start. He will tire and make errors.
would have thought that with judd, curnow and bell out cripps would have a spot in the midfield. disappointing.
Cripps was rested.

Couldn't be more disappointed with the ins, besides Jamo who is a lock whenever fit the rest are fringe older players and there have been kids in the magoos performing well and should be given a chance before the likes of Robbo and McLean. It is like with 1 win we have totally forgotten the first 3 rounds and think we are now back in the premiership window and getting games into kids is no longer important.

Brock was our best player in the VFL, don't see how that could be viewed as a bad decision. Rewarding players for good play in the VFL is precisely what should happen...

It's not who deserved to be dropped IMO it's more of a question of how does Robbo walk straight back in after 2 weeks injured and poor form for rounds 1-3?
Nearly everyone was down in the first month. Third quarter was better with his clearances and use of the handball in traffic. Still better than Bell. Bell made some errors that would have had Robinson strung up for. Was run down and butchered the ball.

Like for like selection.

I think everyone on this board without exception agrees with you, most are saying if he does the bang on the boot thing back to the magoos.

HOWEVER, lets see how he goes after a spell in the magoos to think about things, plus, no Bell.

Today is going to be a telling day for Robbo, blind bombs may well set him along way back in his career.
Hope he brings the long and accurate kicks that Warnock and Everitt grassed in round one...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I've certainly labelled a few softies in the team, yet with good cause as they played like softies in most of Rounds 1-4.

Last week, however, nobody in the team can be accused of being soft.

If they play with that level of intent every week, we'd be singing a different tune this season. The West Coast Eagles are vulnerable to hard, contested football. They've beaten up on sides who were in a state of poorness at the time they played them, and got pantsed by a champion team in Geelong and knocked over by a more committed Port.

It won't be an easy task, but similarly as we took it to the somewhat suggested in form Doggies last week (which was debatable anyway given they looked poor against GWS but jagged a good win from the not in form Tigers), we can build upon that with the scalp of the Eagles.

It'll be just the tonic to go into the arch rivals next week.

I think Carlton by 9 points in a close battle.

In terms of barometers for us, I can't go past Robbo. When he is on we go close to winning. Last year against Richmond on that Saturday afternoon. His best game for the year. I'd like nothing more than for Robbo to discover his best form. 2011/2012 Robbo was awesome.

You've completely missed the point of my post if you think I was pulling him up for suggesting Buckley should be in the side.

I've certainly labelled a few softies in the team, yet with good cause as they played like softies in most of Rounds 1-4.

I have no issue with players being called soft if it is deserved. I know I've certainly been guilty of calling them that in the past.

However when all a poster does is talk about the club in a negative light it gets incredibly tiresome. That's not what we want on this board.

Besides, as you said, no reasonable or logical person - Carlton supporter or otherwise - could label the playing group soft after our effort last weekend against the Bulldogs. Was one of our gutsiest wins over the past decade without a doubt.

But I like Davey Ellard. Hope it's nothing too serious. There goes our leading goal kicker & defensive forward.

Our 24 yo leading goal kickier from last year is a "fringe older player"? :confused:

Why is our media gm announcing that on his private account? Shouldn't it be on one of the official accounts. Happy to see Menzel playing, also hopeful ellards injury isn't bad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back