Preview Rnd 17 Carlton v Sydney Saturday 12th July 7.40PM @ SCG

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
He kicked four against Hawthorn!
i am aware of that but i think sydney are a little better this year than hawks, plus then he would be showing a non 1 off kind of deal. Go levi

i just want blues to win, it feels like an eternity sionce blues beat teams like hawks, sydney, etc, anyways hope its a good game.

Waite must really be on the outer when not included for this game.
Sydney haven't many talls with Richards and Grundy their KPD's and they're only 192cm tall.

Just think we could have stretched them a little, with Casboult, Waite and Henderson up front.
Risky, maybe but we could have mixed things up a bit on what looks to be a fine night.

Sydney haven't many talls with Richards and Grundy their KPD's and they're only 192cm tall.

Just think we could have stretched them a little, with Casboult, Waite and Henderson up front.
Risky, maybe but we could have mixed things up a bit on what looks to be a fine night.

No point having the extra height of Waite if his form doesn't warrant it...hasn't really offered anything all year.
Maybe White to be 3rd tall again.

I think our problem with Sydney will be more the running power and structure of their players, rather than tall defenders so im happy for an extra midfielder instead of Waite.

No point having the extra height of Waite if his form doesn't warrant it...hasn't really offered anything all year.
Maybe White to be 3rd tall again.

I think our problem with Sydney will be more the running power and structure of their players, rather than tall defenders so im happy for an extra midfielder instead of Waite.

White's forward forays will be like Duigans..........May work a treat one week but expecting more of the same is folly.

Waite was moving like the Waite we care to know last week and would 99 of a 100 times be the harder forward match-up than White.

White's forward forays will be like Duigans..........May work a treat one week but expecting more of the same is folly.

Waite was moving like the Waite we care to know last week and would 99 of a 100 times be the harder forward match-up than White.

Waite is incredibly lazy though and has been a passenger all year.

Beating up on Jesse White does little for my opinion on him. I'd rather give White another forward tagging role and reward someone for their efforts.

Not to mention that Duigan forward worked more then once.

Beating up on Jesse White does little for my opinion on him. I'd rather give White another forward tagging role and reward someone for their efforts.

Simon White even? :D

It's not for the fact that he beat Jesse White but for the spring he had in all he did. In that form he would have beat up on most.

Who would have taken Waite had have he played? No disrespect to Johnson (and I wish him all the best) ,or Simon White for that matter, but it's chalk and cheese in respect to talent.
Waite wasn't lazy last week but may have been against The Swans. We'll never know for sure.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It's not for the fact that he beat Jesse White but for the spring he had in all he did. In that form he would have beat up on most.

Who would have taken Waite had have he played? No disrespect to Johnson (and I wish him all the best) ,or Simon White for that matter, but it's chalk and cheese in respect to talent.
Waite wasn't lazy last week but may have been against The Swans. We'll never know for sure.

Waite and Jeffy need to put in defensive efforts when required - which is every time the opposition has the ball. Both have played like tackling is an option best left to other players - far away from the forward fifty far too often. I suspect that this along with too many missed gettable shots on goal that sees both doing time. Malthouse has shown both that they aren't 'indispensable'. Personally after the losses this side has delivered this year- no sympathy for any player who doesn't deliver on his talent/skill and role. I thought we all agreed on these things?

Waite and Jeffy need to put in defensive efforts when required - which is every time the opposition has the ball. Both have played like tackling is an option best left to other players - far away from the forward fifty far too often. I suspect that this along with too many missed gettable shots on goal that sees both doing time. Malthouse has shown both that they aren't 'indispensable'. Personally after the losses this side has delivered this year- no sympathy for any player who doesn't deliver on his talent/skill and role. I thought we all agreed on these things?

Malthouse seems to agree with you..............and that's all that matters.

Waite would have been more than useful against The Swans should have he been called up..........he wasn't........so we won't know.

We know better than anybody that you worry Laidler, their third tall, with pace and hard leading, not stationary marking players.

Towers to make debut for Swans
Towers, who will make his league debut on Saturday against Carlton – the team he supported as a boy.
Towers to make debut for Swans

Despicable-Me-what-gif.gif

It's funny how many players apparently supported us when they were kids. When I was growing up I didn't know anybody else who supported Carlton. In 2000/2001 when I was in Prep/Grade 1 there were a fair few of us who supported Carlton. By 2004 I was the only one left. :(

The end result is that now I have lots of mates that go together to Collingwood/Essendon/Richmond/etc games, whereas I don't have a friend who I can go to the football with so I have to drag my girlfriend along.

Luckily she seems to enjoy it.

Whenever we play the Swans I always remember one of my favourite H&A games I've been too. The Sydney game at Etihad in 2011. Matty was a beast that day. Murph was in brown low winning form and we absolutely smashed them. Was a good arvo.

Never two weeks in a row though, i think it worked twice in 18 months?

People might be surprised by who says this about the great man:

''People throw the word champion around willy-nilly these days. Everyone's a champion. Play one game, you're a champion now. So when you see a champion playing well, that's what a champion is, not someone who fronts up once a month and plays one good game and five bad ones or has one good season in five. A champion is Chris Judd. He's a champion.''

http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-ne...-chris-judd-20140711-zt4gk.html#ixzz37AmuWdNW

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back