Autopsy Hawks vs The Crow Throws - and boy did they throw the thing tonight

Remove this Banner Ad

TBH, you know what?

I've finally realised that I really don't give a fat rat's clacker about how others view our great club.

Haters gonna hate.

Let them underestimate us, and write us off - last year showed they do so at their peril.
I'm the opposite, I love the fact that people hate us. Hatred springs from envy, and the more haters you have, the more successful you are.

Hawk-envy is a beautiful thing.

How good was Litherland. Love it when he gets the ball and is confronted by a player. At that point there is a split second you can almost see him turning it over in his mind whether he thinks he can get past or not; and more often than not he kicks in the afterburner and just blazes past them. Made Betts look pedestrian a couple of times tonight.

Does anyone know his contract status?

45% disposal efficiency tonight. Tries hard but not sure he is best 22 at this stage.

Really surprised he is so universally loved on this board when players that use the ball a lot better than him are smashed for their poor disposal.

Sounds remarkably like one Josh Kennedy Junior......

before we realized that all he needed was the confidence of his team mates and coaches.....

Not exactly. You listed him under bad. Just wondered what he did wrong. Show me the bit where I said he was better than Hill.
Fair call. I just didn't think Ross had an impact for the fresh man he was. I also didn't like Suckling game. Someone has to go for Hill and Gibbo. For me that's Ross and Strats/Suckling.

I think Stratton is lost in the team atm. Definitely best 22 but can't find the right match up. Might be lost without his best bud Gibbo floating third man up with him.

Great win. Should have won by more. They will enjoy the 15 days off. Can't wait to see 60k at the G decked out in Brown and Gold
F**k I hate Sydney

Fair call. I just didn't think Ross had an impact for the fresh man he was. I also didn't like Suckling game. Someone has to go for Hill and Gibbo. For me that's Ross and Strats/Suckling.
Pretty hard to make an impact in the time he was on when the game was won, but fair enough, he'll probably make room. While I agree that Suckling hasn't exactly torn games apart lately, and he's been caught holding the ball a few times, I get the impression he's been told to take the game on a bit more which is what he's doing. I admit he hasn't been that successful yet, but if and when he gets it right we might all look back and say "Thank Glob the coaches don't listen to us".

I think Stratton is lost in the team atm. Definitely best 22 but can't find the right match up. Might be lost without his best bud Gibbo floating third man up with him.

Great win. Should have won by more. They will enjoy the 15 days off. Can't wait to see 60k at the G decked out in Brown and Gold
F**k I hate Sydney
Yes we need this boy back to his best for the finals.

Just wanted to pop over and say congrats on the win tonight.

Your blokes stuck it out all night and came away with a cracking win! The players just go in hard, contest after contest and never give up. Fantastic stuff to watch

Well deserved and you guys should come away with the chocolates come the last day in September :)

Pretty hard to make an impact in the time he was on when the game was won, but fair enough, he'll probably make room. While I agree that Suckling hasn't exactly torn games apart lately, and he's been caught holding the ball a few times, I get the impression he's been told to take the game on a bit more which is what he's doing. I admit he hasn't been that successful yet, but if and when he gets it right we might all look back and say "Thank Glob the coaches don't listen to us".
You could be right. And I hope you are but changes for champs are needed and these are the blokes that should make way. But the coaches know best and I'll wait for thursday night to see what they do.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

5 points from the game:

1. Dangerfield put in one of the worst 40 disposal game that will ever be seen. Shanks, turnovers and hitting his teammates at their ankles. He's the new Chris Judd. Shanks galore yet gets the media plaudits despite being a liability for his team.
2. Burgoyne had a seriously underrated game. So cool, calm and collected under pressure and didn't make a mistake. Was the calm leader of the back half and reassured them so often. Vintage Burger.
3. McEvoy is a horrible center square ruckman. Was good around the grounds, but when he was the ruck, Adelaide looked good and dominated the clearances. When Cegs rucked, we look far superior.
4. Langford adds so much to the team. His attack on the contest is something we appeared to be missing.
5. Schoenmakers is a much better defender when he has his eyes on the ball. When he worries about the man, he gets beaten.

TheRoo32 & lunacy you owe me an apology for saying I was wrong about Betts. Classic Eddie tonight. Playing a real team and he's left wondering. You won't apologise though because you'll get 3/4 of the way through the post and then realise you've lost and leave.

Great win considering most people wrote us of,well done to Gus on he's game on betts,cegs was great the side came to play tonight.WTF is the bird swarking sound after they kick a goal,jezz hope we never do that when we play a home.GREAT Night

How good was Litherland. Love it when he gets the ball and is confronted by a player. At that point there is a split second you can almost see him turning it over in his mind whether he thinks he can get past or not; and more often than not he kicks in the afterburner and just blazes past them. Made Betts look pedestrian a couple of times tonight.

Does anyone know his contract status?
So impressed with him. Stratton is going to have to lift his game, as when Gibbo comes back positions are going to be tight

Real quality win tonight in a great game. Definitely one to watch again on replay.

Ceglar, Litherland, Schoenmakers and even Simpkin are not well known and considered spuds over on the Geelong board. They all had big influences on this match and it was the lesser lights that needed to really rise up to help us over the line. Those 4 in particular were very good. Add to that the class of Mitchell, Gunston, Hodge & Burgoyne, who were all brilliant tonight.

Talking about the Geelong Board, if you want a real good laugh, read the last few pages of the opposition camp thread over there. It's hilarious to see how obsessed they are with our club. Embarrassing really. Most other bigfooty team boards have mentioned the quality of the game with the occasional crap talk but Geelong's board is hilarious. I enjoy knowing that our win not only brings joy to us all but brings real pain to Geelong supporters out there.

Just out of interest, who did the crows have out of their best 22?

We're a mid ladder team, so we don't really have an ironed on best 22, just a best 15 or so and nebulous around the edges - it could be argued van Berlo, Mackay and Kerridge were missing, but that's all.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back