Autopsy Rd 17 vs Port Adelaide - Game Discussion and changes for West Coast (1wk break)

Remove this Banner Ad

809216-troy-chaplin.jpg

809216-troy-chaplin.jpg

809216-troy-chaplin.jpg

809216-troy-chaplin.jpg

809216-troy-chaplin.jpg

809216-troy-chaplin.jpg

809216-troy-chaplin.jpg

809216-troy-chaplin.jpg

809216-troy-chaplin.jpg

809216-troy-chaplin.jpg

809216-troy-chaplin.jpg

809216-troy-chaplin.jpg
809216-troy-chaplin.jpg

809216-troy-chaplin.jpg

Brilliant to see a great team effort by the boys today. Certainly capable of beating any top side, and proved it again.

Going to point this out again this week as I do every week:

When Cotchin, Martin and Deledio (either of them) link up together, we get the ball and it usually results in something good. However, we don't ever play them together at stoppages or the centre bounce.

Matty White whoooo?

Well I honestly thought we'd get over-run in the second half once they got their game up and going....

I guess we did what we did last year so well. We took the game on and didn't worry about it when we conceded goals....

credit to pretty much everyone. Morris was down but never stopped trying. Houli didn't start well (i think) but then put it and improved after that.

That was the RFC we've been wanting all season.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I like the part Llyod kicked 3 goals 2 behinds.
Keep playing him please he could become a Milne type forward for us.

Miles you champion bargain recruit of the year by far. Makes you wonder if we elevated him ahead of Thomas

Edit: 3 goals 3 behinds

Love Batchelor's aggression with his tackling and general play.

I'd keep Newy over Foley next season IMO.

Who was the idiot in the game day thread claiming that Jack was trolling Barry Hall? He was supporting his cousin going through chemo.

Positives:
-A ******* win!! Against an actual team!!
-Our pressure was relentless for much of the game. 2nd quarter and final quarter especially.
-Disposal was a lot cleaner than it has been in the past.
-Anthony Miles is the best thing to come out of our rookie list since Nathan Foley.
-Jack was fantastic. 22 possesions and 3 goals is great, but his impact when he didn't have the ball was great. Deft touches and taps to advantage just fantastic.
-Deledio was great early on. So much for "should be rested so we can play kids".
-Cotchin are Martin great as usual.
-Sam Lloyd!!!! Should never have been dropped. Goes to show what happens when you are forced to re-earn your place in the team. Great game.
-Tyrone played well. No stupid mistakes today and backed up his good game last week. I reckon if we offer him up with a first rounder Carlton might be interested in trading for Levi Casbault, if we're lucky* :p

Negatives:
-Conca getting knocked out
-Newman a bit quiet. Jackson too.
-Morris played a shocker. Still pressure well though.

*Not serious Casbault is s**t.

Love Batchelor's aggression with his tackling and general play.

I'd keep Newy over Foley next season IMO.

Who was the idiot in the game day thread claiming that Jack was trolling Barry Hall? He was supporting his cousin going through chemo.

That explains him pointing to his head. Top stuff from Jack.

Great win by Richmond! Looks like we have finally got our confidence back. We needed to beat a top 4 team like Port Adelaide so the boys realised we are capable of beating the best sides in the competition when we are playing our best.

We should be very positive going into our one week break. I suspect there will a lot of sore and tired boys who will be grateful for the chance to freshen up. Hopefully Conca is fine to play against West Coast.

I like the part Llyod kicked 3 goals 2 behinds.
Keep playing him please he could become a Milne type forward for us.

Miles you champion bargain recruit of the year by far. Makes you wonder if we elevated him ahead of Thomas

Not a fan of Lloyd. Just something about him. Looks like he's all about the goals/all he offers. Probably reading him wrong though

Remove this Banner Ad

Back