Autopsy Rd 17 vs Port Adelaide - Game Discussion and changes for West Coast (1wk break)

Remove this Banner Ad

Well I honestly thought we'd get over-run in the second half once they got their game up and going....

I guess we did what we did last year so well. We took the game on and didn't worry about it when we conceded goals....

credit to pretty much everyone. Morris was down but never stopped trying. Houli didn't start well (i think) but then put it and improved after that.

That was the RFC we've been wanting all season.
Gee you're a negative bugger. We were never going to lose today
Celebrating two milestones for TWO club champions
The boys were up today and 300@$2.70 was a nice return
FTF here we come 2015

Don't ask me
What you know is true
Don't have to tell you
I love your precious heart

I
I was standing
You were there
Two worlds collided
And they could never tear us apart

We could live
For a thousand years
But if I hurt you
I'd make wine from your tears

I told you
That we could fly
'Cause we all have wings
But some of us don't know why

I
I was standing
You were there
Two worlds collided
And they could never ever tear us apart

Fatboy_reacts.gif

I'm glad we exposed them for the pretenders that they are.
How's this piece of class about Chappy from their board:

That made me a bit sick. I won't shed a tear of he does a knee. Or a neck.
Scum.

you guys played very well, well done, but why today?
It helps when your opponent is only interested in running one way and applies no defensive pressure.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yeah, Morris was bad today.
I don't know if Dea is the answer though. He's looked a bit soft to me when he's had a go in the 1's.
Havent we tried Helbig in the backline for the past two weeks in the twos?
Could be worth a look

So can everyone get over their Port inferiority complex now?

All we've heard all year is how Hinkley is so much better than Dimma, how we should've thrown $350,000 a year at Matt White and how stupid we are for giving them Jay Schulz and taking Chaplin and Thomas off their hands.

They are a good side and are still well positioned, but some of the hysteria surrounding them on this board is getting annoying. Every single thread Matt White seems to get a mention, even when it's got nothing to do with him.

Today basically summed up Matt White's year. Unsighted for much of the game, a handful of bad skill errors but runs in to kick a fantastic goal or two and everyone loses their s**t. He's the exact same player that he was last year. Here are his stats for 2013 and 2014 when not sub:

2013: 16.6 disposals, 4.2 marks, 1.0 goals, 3.8 tackles, 0.7 assists
2014: 16.4 disposals, 4.9 marks, 1.3 goals, 3.9 tackles, 1.1 assists

Hinkley isn't the mastercoach either. He made some good moves today but Hardwick adjusted extremely well.

At the end of the day they are in a much better position than us (even if they won't finish top 4), but I think we should stop talking them up as some sort of super team when in reality they haven't achieved s**t.

Last edited:
So can everyone get over their Port inferiority complex now?

All we've heard all year is how Hinkley is so much better than Dimma, how we should've thrown $350,000 a year at Matt White and how stupid we are for giving them Jay Schulz and taking Chaplin and Thomas off their hands.

They are a good side and are still well positioned, but some of the hysteria surrounding them on this board is getting annoying. Every single thread Matt White seems to get a mention, even when it's got nothing to do with him.

Today basically summed up Matt White's year. Unsighted for much of the game, a handful of bad skill errors but runs in to kick a fantastic goal or two and everyone loses their s**t. He's the exact same player that he was last year. Here are his stats for 2013 and 2014 when not sub:

2013: 16.6 disposals, 4.2 marks, 1.0 goals, 3.8 tackles, 0.7 assists
2014: 16.4 disposals, 4.9 marks, 1.3 goals, 3.9 tackles, 1.1 assists

Hinkley isn't the mastercoach either. He made some good moves today but Hardwick adjusted extremely well.

At the end of the day they are in a much better position than us (even if they won't finish top 4), but I think we should stop talking them us as some sort of super team when in reality they haven't achieved s**t.
fair point, but let's see how they come out of this form slump. Every side has one.
I wouldn't write them off yet, but they need to improve in certain areas.
Oh, and when we dcided to tackle, we are actually a good side.

Great win. Lots of positives I could mention. One I'd like to make mention of was houli. At least one stinker entry into fwd 50 in the first half however some really nice defensive efforts in the 2nd half. Marks and contests when it was his turn to go. Nice goal too. Well done bacher!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Like us this year too. Why we decide to start tackling in round 17 is beyond me.
we are finishing the year strongly, and we are maturing and we are good enuff to be good at both ends, footy has 3 seasons, pre season, main and finals.... we are still incomplete in all facets.... prob wont be til 15 or 16.... us supporters are so hungry. we tend to be critical instead of being patient, this is the best side i have seen since 1980/82

Remove this Banner Ad

Back