Alex Wright (Norwood)

Jack Tuthill

North Launceston

Ins:

Outs:

Michael Stingel (Norwood)
Tom Bennett
Corey Nankervis

* will only add confirmed as there are obviously heaps of rumours out there.

* post here and I’ll add on

Last edited:

Barge

Club Legend
Mar 28, 2005
Bargeville
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Claremont
Its a good point Madmug, if (and a big IF) Kingborough had a few players like Brady Jones, Russell De Groot , Josh Fox ( just from Clarence ) back who all played junior and senior footy at the club, maybe some of the other players that left last season would stay. Doesn't mean they would play finals but would be a competitive team and help these kids out a lot.

Correct me if I'm wrong but Josh Fox never played Senior footy for Kingborough.

Jun 14, 2012
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Beautide The Tassie Terminator
Correct me if I'm wrong but Josh Fox never played Senior footy for Kingborough.

No he didn't, but played all this junior footy there, along with several others who play at other clubs. I don't blame him, best chance of being drafted would be at an established club, other than a new identity. Just highlighting that Kingborough would be more competitive if there local players actually played there. Saying that this might change in the coming years as they progress.

Mar 17, 2009
Hobart
AFL Club
Collingwood
No he didn't, but played all this junior footy there, along with several others who play at other clubs. I don't blame him, best chance of being drafted would be at an established club, other than a new identity. Just highlighting that Kingborough would be more competitive if there local players actually played there. Saying that this might change in the coming years as they progress.

I thought Josh Fox played at North Hobart? Are their two of them?
I remember Jeremy Howe got drafted to Melbourne from Hobart FC. If anything, you would stand out at a low club. It certainly didnt do him any harm, going from Dodges ferry to Hobart to Melbourne!!
Clarence dont recruit to help players go to the AFL. They 'attract' players from other clubs. They are only interested in themselves.
Kingston will need to recruit. They have a great facility but they will have to do what the top clubs do, SPEND.

The Big H

Club Legend
Aug 31, 2004
Launnie
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Kangaroos
I think Kingston surely would now feel they've been sold a pup. The sooner they claim the name, 'Kingston' back & become a proper club again, the better. North are the demons again, next is the real name, North Hobart.
All the fanfare of 'the big league'. Its funny how a brand new club from 'up north' with no clubrooms, no supporter base, no home ground can afford just about the best team in the state, yet Kingston couldn't even get some of their old players back from the Eastern shore.
How is the salary cap enquiry going, I wonder.

I quite often agree with much of your commentary Madmug, however can you tell me who the Storms "big name high priced" players actually are? South were in exactly the same spot as Kingston are now 5 years ago. The majority of their list were South juniors, including big Bart who came home because he realised he wasn't good enough and is happy to work in the ANZ bank and play at the best local level available. The rest are either from NTFA clubs or couldn't get a game at North or Launny! Now Prospect junior club is growing from strength to strength and the club also has formed a very strong partnership with St Pats which will mean they get access to some of the best kids from the private system. The model they have developed will see them actually become very successful over time and Kingston could do no worse than to follow it.

Mar 17, 2009
Hobart
AFL Club
Collingwood
I quite often agree with much of your commentary Madmug, however can you tell me who the Storms "big name high priced" players actually are? South were in exactly the same spot as Kingston are now 5 years ago. The majority of their list were South juniors, including big Bart who came home because he realised he wasn't good enough and is happy to work in the ANZ bank and play at the best local level available. The rest are either from NTFA clubs or couldn't get a game at North or Launny! Now Prospect junior club is growing from strength to strength and the club also has formed a very strong partnership with St Pats which will mean they get access to some of the best kids from the private system. The model they have developed will see them actually become very successful over time and Kingston could do no worse than to follow it.

I actually queried how they could afford such a team. Storm are a group of good players from South Launceston. they have no real social club/base, bugger all supporters. Playing at Aurora costs a lot. I just dont see that quality of player playing for $100 or so. Even so if they stick to the $80k cap, It must still cost $250k to run a club, so where would it come from?
I hope Kingston can pick up a bit by next year. Otherwise it could be 5 years on the bottom of the ladder. great facility though
It actually might be interesting to think about the prospects of the other clubs. I'm pleased that 'City' have improved but where to for Devonport ? Even Launceston are struggling, why would that be? Glenorchy are doing better than I thought but what is their future? Do the council still support Burnie? North Launy seem on track. Lauderdale too, except their ground & facilities are very poor.
Food for thought.

Halftimehero

Cancelled
10k Posts
Jun 26, 2012
AFL Club
Essendon
I actually queried how they could afford such a team. Storm are a group of good players from South Launceston. they have no real social club/base, bugger all supporters. Playing at Aurora costs a lot. I just dont see that quality of player playing for $100 or so. Even so if they stick to the $80k cap, It must still cost $250k to run a club, so where would it come from?
I hope Kingston can pick up a bit by next year. Otherwise it could be 5 years on the bottom of the ladder. great facility though
It actually might be interesting to think about the prospects of the other clubs. I'm pleased that 'City' have improved but where to for Devonport ? Even Launceston are struggling, why would that be? Glenorchy are doing better than I thought but what is their future? Do the council still support Burnie? North Launy seem on track. Lauderdale too, except their ground & facilities are very poor.
Food for thought.

What's wrong with Lauderdale's ground? Yes the facilities are probably below par but have improved from what they were but there is nothing wrong with the playing surface at all.

Mar 17, 2009
Hobart
AFL Club
Collingwood
What's wrong with Lauderdale's ground? Yes the facilities are probably below par but have improved from what they were but there is nothing wrong with the playing surface at all.

The facilities are very poor. The ground has improved but it is still ordinary. Its slushy with any rain & high tide, & its the windiest ground in the state. The visitors changerooms are the worst in the league. They charge $2 to get your car in & have no covered protection for any sort of crowd. The opposition coaches facilities are non existent.
Thats not the clubs fault, its the way it is. Its a council ground. I cant see it being improved at all. Its at sea level & NO council will invest in areas that are increasingly affected by high tides & surges.
Thats no reflection on a club that has done well to improve as they have. They should look to get off that dump they play on, ASAP

Still Kickin

Team Captain
Jun 9, 2008
Ross
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Couple of points from what i have read so far, or more question i guess.
The storm are made up mainly of South Launceston boys and i think it's great they stuck together and went over which wouldn't have been an easy decision. However, AFL tas assisted in paying their match payments at South, whats to suggest that is not being done at the Storm which would of assisted in getting them over from South? Not that i have a problem with this as i think they should invest as they need the franchise to succeed, however other clubs should benefit from this also!

The strom have a partnership with St.Pats, where do the Tigers get a similar partnership? Hutchins? Most Hutchins boys are with Sandy Bay Juniors which flow onto Hobart City.

What do we base Hobart City's improvement on? I believe they should make finals to say they have improved. The majority of North Hobarts senior group stayed, and they have gained some quality players from Hobart, so based on that alone they should improve, however i see them sitting roughly in the same position as last year.

I despise Clarence as much as anyone, but they have ingredients at that club other than money which are quite attractive for players to go there. Also Lauderdale's surface is ok, but as far as anything else goes at that ground, it's shocking. It should be based on the NW coast with the amount of wind it cops.

Halftimehero

Cancelled
10k Posts
Jun 26, 2012
AFL Club
Essendon
The facilities are very poor. The ground has improved but it is still ordinary. Its slushy with any rain & high tide, & its the windiest ground in the state. The visitors changerooms are the worst in the league. They charge $2 to get your car in & have no covered protection for any sort of crowd. The opposition coaches facilities are non existent.
Thats not the clubs fault, its the way it is. Its a council ground. I cant see it being improved at all. Its at sea level & NO council will invest in areas that are increasingly affected by high tides & surges.
Thats no reflection on a club that has done well to improve as they have. They should look to get off that dump they play on, ASAP

I have to disagree on the ground bit, it's in great condition and is holding the wet weather as good as any.

Mar 17, 2009
Hobart
AFL Club
Collingwood
I have to disagree on the ground bit, it's in great condition and is holding the wet weather as good as any.

Maybe so. The point is that the ground has no future & is probably holding the club back. Being at sea level, no council would invest in expensive infrastructure that would be at risk in the future.
Maybe they should play games at Bellerive Oval?:rolleyes:

GreyBudgie

Club Legend
Jun 12, 2008
New Town
Other Teams
Glenorchy, Arsenal,
Maybe so. The point is that the ground has no future & is probably holding the club back. Being at sea level, no council would invest in expensive infrastructure that would be at risk in the future.
Maybe they should play games at Bellerive Oval?:rolleyes:

Was there talk (or kite flying) of a facility being built at Cambridge along the Kingston twin ovals model and the long term plan would be to get Lauderdale to play there.

Could not find any article online maybe it was just BS?

Halftimehero

Cancelled
10k Posts
Jun 26, 2012
AFL Club
Essendon
Was there talk (or kite flying) of a facility being built at Cambridge along the Kingston twin ovals model and the long term plan would be to get Lauderdale to play there.

Could not find any article online maybe it was just BS?

There has been all that sort of s**t talked about for years, the latest one I heard was at Seven Mile beach, can't see it happening any time soon to be honest.

GreyBudgie

Club Legend
Jun 12, 2008
New Town
Other Teams
Glenorchy, Arsenal,
Few boil overs today

Devonport by a point over Western Storm

Hobart City Towel up Clarence by 56 Points

North Launceston by 14 points over Burnie

Other games Glenorchy by 33 points over Lauderdale (not sure if an upset, as it was at KGV)

Launceston by a lazy 160 points over Tigers.

Well done Hobart City :) what’s happening at Clarence ?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Halftimehero

Cancelled
10k Posts
Jun 26, 2012
AFL Club
Essendon
Few boil overs today

Devonport by a point over Western Storm

Hobart City Towel up Clarence by 56 Points

North Launceston by 14 points over Burnie

Other games Glenorchy by 33 points over Lauderdale (not sure if an upset, as it was at KGV)

Launceston by a lazy 160 points over Tigers.

Well done Hobart City :) what’s happening at Clarence ?

Top 4 sides going into the round all got beat, good for the comp, not sure who wins it from here.

The Spotlight

Draftee
Jul 29, 2012
AFL Club
Collingwood
I thought Josh Fox played at North Hobart? Are their two of them?
I remember Jeremy Howe got drafted to Melbourne from Hobart FC. If anything, you would stand out at a low club. It certainly didnt do him any harm, going from Dodges ferry to Hobart to Melbourne!!
Clarence dont recruit to help players go to the AFL. They 'attract' players from other clubs. They are only interested in themselves.
Kingston will need to recruit. They have a great facility but they will have to do what the top clubs do, SPEND.

Just for record, Fox played a few seasons at North and they put him through Mariners. In 2014 he turns up at Clarence courtesy of a free move to Tigers. No dollars for Demons. This TSL mk2 rule change designed to help new clubs get former players back and so be stronger sooner. So Tigers now own him FOC but quickly do a deal to permit him off to clarence. So don't have too much sympathy for the state of the Tigers list when they do deals like this, especially with that club.

Tigerssaints

Club Legend
Sep 7, 2012
Hobart
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
hobart f c
Just for record, Fox played a few seasons at North and they put him through Mariners. In 2014 he turns up at Clarence courtesy of a free move to Tigers. No dollars for Demons. This TSL mk2 rule change designed to help new clubs get former players back and so be stronger sooner. So Tigers now own him FOC but quickly do a deal to permit him off to clarence. So don't have too much sympathy for the state of the Tigers list when they do deals like this, especially with that club.
Seems a common thread here,Clarence !! Jamie Charlesworth was tired to the real Hobart Football Club,
was suppose to gowith it blessing too North Hob fc, But ends up at Clarence FC .who paid NOTHING for him.
Lured him on the pretence of winning the big one in sept!!!!
Rumour has it getting close to 30 K to play and be one of their 15 assistant coaches
(remember they CFC were caught out poaching him, but nothing came of it )

topgossip

Debutant
Feb 12, 2013
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
North Hobart
Seems a common thread here,Clarence !! Jamie Charlesworth was tired to the real Hobart Football Club,
was suppose to gowith it blessing too North Hob fc, But ends up at Clarence FC .who paid NOTHING for him.
Lured him on the pretence of winning the big one in sept!!!!
Rumour has it getting close to 30 K to play and be one of their 15 assistant coaches
(remember they CFC were caught out poaching him, but nothing came of it )

Maybe that why the wheels have fallen off the last few weeks. They are over coached. :p

buffalo soldier

Debutant
Mar 17, 2014
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Maybe that why the wheels have fallen off the last few weeks. They are over coached. :p
Say what you like about the TSL it is proving to be the most interesting of the football competitions in the state. Clarence, Burnie, Western Storm and Lauderdale all showed their vulnerabilities on the weekend. Contrast this to the one-sidedness of the NTFA, South and Bridgenorth dominating, The SFL with Claremont and New Norfolk providing the only interest and Wynyard being a lay down certainty in the NTFL.

topgossip

Debutant
Feb 12, 2013
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
North Hobart
Say what you like about the TSL it is proving to be the most interesting of the football competitions in the state. Clarence, Burnie, Western Storm and Lauderdale all showed their vulnerabilities on the weekend. Contrast this to the one-sidedness of the NTFA, South and Bridgenorth dominating, The SFL with Claremont and New Norfolk providing the only interest and Wynyard being a lay down certainty in the NTFL.

Thats true. The results all along the north are generally very one sided

Halftimehero

Cancelled
10k Posts
Jun 26, 2012
AFL Club
Essendon
So who misses out on the 5 out of Lauderdale, Burnie, North Launceston and Glenorchy? Glenorchy V North Launceston at KGV will be a massive clash in a couple of weeks and the form of Clarence could be vital with them playing Glenorchy, Lauderdale and Burnie in the next 3. If North lose that game to the Pies and the Storm beat them then I think they might miss, I can see Glenorchy, Burnie and lauderdale winning at least 3 more games.

Mar 17, 2009
Hobart
AFL Club
Collingwood
So who misses out on the 5 out of Lauderdale, Burnie, North Launceston and Glenorchy? Glenorchy V North Launceston at KGV will be a massive clash in a couple of weeks and the form of Clarence could be vital with them playing Glenorchy, Lauderdale and Burnie in the next 3. If North lose that game to the Pies and the Storm beat them then I think they might miss, I can see Glenorchy, Burnie and lauderdale winning at least 3 more games.

I'm still quite shocked at the weekends results. I have no idea why all top 4 sides lost in the ways they did. Its certainly better than the lop sided results the other local leagues are getting each week. I think the Demons & Devonport should be swabbed!!
Its a pity we have a bye this week.
As said, two of the sides who can play finals, Glenorchy & North Launceston, play in the next round. That may well decide the make up of the final 5. You would expect the other 4 teams to be the usuals, Clarence, Burnie, Storm & Lauderdale.
When it comes to 'supporting' teams, why wouldnt they do more to support Kingston? Instead of just the usual front runners.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back