Mega Thread Port Forum 'General AFL Talk' Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
More like.

So.... what are Collingwood doing that we can copy?

You're both wrong. It'll be 'So...where's the best place for coffee around here? I can't work without my triple shot caramel swirl grande latte...'

Hope to see another front page like this...

Get%20Smart.jpg

Hilarious that Crow supporters think this is a sign that their club is turning things around and that the people have spoken. NEWSFLASH he's leaving for a better offer, he wasn't sacked. If it weren't for Carlton he'd still be there, for as long as the eye can see.

To the tune of the great Elton John classic, Candle In The Wind

Pissing In The Wind

Goodbye Stephen Trigg
Though I never knew you at all
You had the nous to ruin the Crows
When you were CEO
You built the Taj Mahal
At the now defunct AAMI
And oh how you loved Craigy
For as far as, the eye could see

And it seems to me your leadership
Was like Pissing in the wind
Losing corporates, members, supporters
'Till A.O came in
And I would have liked to have known you
So I could shake your hand
Your bullshit burned out long before
Your legend never will

Tippettgate was tough
The greatest role you ever played
You lost the Crows a superstar
Draft picks were the price you paid
Even when you lied
Oh the press still did love you
But now you'll have to watch your back
Now that you have chosen, to join the Blues

'Till A.O came in
Your legend never will

Goodbye Stephen Trigg
Though I never knew you at all
You had the nous to ruin the Crows
When you were CEO
Goodbye Stephen Trigg
From the agitators across Old Port Road
We saw you for what you really were
Unlike your sycophants, Stud and Stephen Rowe

'Till A.O came in
Your legend never will

With the advantage that the Cows have in this state if Trigg had done absolutely nothing they would have prospered however under his guidance they have recorded financial losses.

Yeah, because Carlton have never been involved in any impropriety. :rolleyes:

There are precedents for this sort of appointment...

699147-130330-rev-lewis.jpg

peter-slipper.jpg

Amazing the Vic press (Carro) knew this three weeks ago (re Triggy), the cow Adelaide media had to wait for their ambassadors to get the go ahead to announce it!!!

You'd think this would be great news for the Crows but they'll probably get Notso as CEO so in the end nothing will change, things may even go backwards for them.

Carlton though *shakes head* WTF are they thinking?

I was hoping Trigg would stay at the Crows forever. They never were going to fire him, he knew where all the bodies were buried. But I never expected that another AFL club would be silly enough to headhunt him. I'll chalk it down to experience- there's always another fool in the AFL.

Still, as long as the likes of Rob Chapman dominate the Adelaide board, they'll appoint another second-rate figure like Notso that will keep the show on the road and not ask too many hard questions or push for real independence for the Crows. I know that they are theoretically independent, but I do not think they are ready to emerge from under the SANFL shadow, just as some kids do not want to leave home, even into their 20's.

We were so lucky to get Keith Thomas who got some real life business experience in the radio industry. People like to bang on about how football is a big business but it really isn't. Clubs have a turnover between $30 to $50 million which isn't actually that much in business circles. But it is big enough that you need some serious skills and experience to run such an organisation. If they appoint either Smart or Noble, will they be out of their depth? I hope so!

So anyway according to the crows board, Trigg will be there for four more weeks but Nigel "Notso" will be doing the stadium review. So... we're on our own for that shitfight.

Anyway if Carlton are advertising for a CEO and the best that they can come up with is Trigg, well, they're in more strife then I could have imagined. Or, the Carlton board are looking for a patsy that's not going to rock any boats or do anything 'courageous'. It all points to a Carlton that is going nowhere off the field, and therefore on the field as well. So, it's a good news day for the Port Adelaide Football Club.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Someone mentioned that Carlton and Crows lately have swapped Jacobs and Betts for Trigg.

Made me think of who we gave to Carlton...Craig Bradley, Nick Stevens, Barnaby French etc.
I think in the last 15 years we have only had pick 16 come our way from Carlton (used on Stephen Gilham)

:(

Barnaby French... Now that's a name from the past. hahahahahahahahaha

It wouldn't surprise me if the SNAFL / SMA old boys haven't been hitting the phones hard to get Triggy out. A stadium review under Not So or a totally new CEO who has to come up to scratch would be their dream scenario.

Whicker: I'll trade you this delicious Danish for perpetual rights to advertising and catering.
Not So: Done!

tumblr_lewd2nmykn1qg0rnuo1_500.jpg

Why in the world are the AFL publicly endorsing the Trigg move? .......
Carlton probably sought the AFL's endorsement of Trigg because of Tippettgate.

Link
...... Chapman said in the statement.

"He is a powerful leader and administrator of the highest standard, and we wish him the very best."
In 2012, Trigg pleaded guilty to three draft and salary cap breaches and was fined $50,000 and suspended for six months by the AFL for his role in the Kurt Tippett controversy.
The Crows' chief admitted breaking laws when Tippett was re-signed by Adelaide in 2009.
The Crows were also fined $300,000 and barred from the opening two rounds of the 2012 draft for the breaches. ...
Link

So in Nob Chapman's eyes an administrator of the highest standard makes clerical errors that cost his club draft picks and hundreds of thousands of dollars.

They obviously set the bar low at Cowland.

Last edited:
Got bored so went to read the cows thoughts on the twiggy situation and can across this quote. For some reason made me actuality laugh out loud - "If the best a big Victorian club (can get) is trigg, then who the hell are we going to get?"

Whicker: I'll trade you this delicious Danish for perpetual rights to advertising and catering.

Wee Licker: We plan to name the new charcoal grill at Adelaide Oval "The Nigel Smart Grill" in return for all advertising and corporate box revenue.

So in Nob Chapman's eyes an administrator of the highest standard makes clerical errors that cost his club draft picks and hundreds of thousands of dollars.

The obviously set the bar low at Cowland.
Everyone knows Chapman knew all about the Tippett situation. Triggy throwing himself under the bus for him kept him there despite the crap. And has ensured no bad press from Adelaide (and most of it's arse licking toadies in the SA media) even once he's left, as they don't want him to turn around and reveal this.

a mate of mine (crows fan) reckons that they are a very good chance of stealing Keith Thomas from us
apparently Keith and Andrew Payze are "great mates" and "Keith was originally a crows man"

**** off

Keith Thomas wouldn't dare.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back