Recruiting for 2014

Remove this Banner Ad

As an ex Nhill player, is it true that they have got a heap of new players this year that have to travel on game day and cant train with the team.

Yeah I'm at Nhill and we've had a few travellers, but we pretty much the same amount now as most years . We have 3 guys from bordertown/narracorte that train with us at least once most weeks, which is good. We've lost 5 senior players to other clubs, but most were recruits that weren't up to scratch anyway. In my opinion the overall standard of the competition has gone up. It'll probably be a fairly long year for us.

Yeah I'm at Nhill and we've had a few travellers, but we pretty much the same amount now as most years . We have 3 guys from bordertown/narracorte that train with us at least once most weeks, which is good. We've lost 5 senior players to other clubs, but most were recruits that weren't up to scratch anyway. In my opinion the overall standard of the competition has gone up. It'll probably be a fairly long year for us.

Nath Devanney one of those to leave that weren't up to it mate???

Very interesting start to the year, which is great to see. Already it's pretty clear that all teams are fairly even except Stawell & Nhill are looking like being a level below.

It's going to be a dogfight to get into the final 5 but I reckon Saints are most vulnerable & will be replaced by Dimboola. Can't see Ararat losing many games at home so they'll be safe.

Couple of ripper games this w-end at Ararat & Minyip, with the other two games looking one sided.

Tips-
Ararat v warrack 6 pts
Min/Murt v saints 18 pts
Nhill v dimboola 70 pts
Stawell v horsham 80 pts

Couple of interesting results this weekend with Horsham & Dimboola both going down by 40 & 34 points respectively.
Dimboola had looked to have the fire back over the last month, are the Saints the real deal too?

Last edited:
Will be interesting in the back end of the season with United gone. Saints, Demons & Roos play each other for the third time in last two rounds. Ararat play Stawell & Nhill 3 times. Huge advantage with points & %.

Last edited:
yep Dimboola will be lucky to make fifth spot

Exactly. Dimmy would have to win just about all of their remaining games and rely on someone like Ararat falling in a heap to sneak into the final five. Its possible given that the Rats play the likes of the Saints, Burras, Demons, Eagles & Roos in their last 7 matches that they only win two more games and finish on 32 points, but Dimmy would have to pull off the biggest form turn-around to pass the Rats with all the current top 5 teams to face if they are to make a late run. I gotta say it looks very unlikely!

Exactly. Dimmy would have to win just about all of their remaining games and rely on someone like Ararat falling in a heap to sneak into the final five. Its possible given that the Rats play the likes of the Saints, Burras, Demons, Eagles & Roos in their last 7 matches that they only win two more games and finish on 32 points, but Dimmy would have to pull off the biggest form turn-around to pass the Rats with all the current top 5 teams to face if they are to make a late run. I gotta say it looks very unlikely!

If Dimmy lose this weekend to Warrack and the Burras beat Horsham then there will be 12 points between Dimmy and thier next rival. Could be nail in the coffin for Dimmy after tomorrow...

Looks like it!
Warracknabeal had 2 or 3 Port melbourne boys in the side saturday.
To there credit they were full strength bar Tim inkster.
Dimboola VS Demons. If dimboola win this game. they will be the big threat again.

We all have been waiting for it to happen.

Looks like it!
Warracknabeal had 2 or 3 Port melbourne boys in the side saturday.
To there credit they were full strength bar Tim inkster.
Dimboola VS Demons. If dimboola win this game. they will be the big threat again.

We all have been waiting for it to happen.
Eagles had 1 new recruit who played for Port 2 yrs ago. 1st game since an ACL in. Rd1 last year.
Well below full strength with Tim Inkster, Ben Spicer, Brad Krahe, Jake Peters, Kyle George and lost Ben Harrison and Jesse Murphy before half time. So in saying this if Dimmy are any good they should of won by over 10 goals.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

End of year predictions?

Top 5:
Horsham
Warrack
Saints
Minyip-M
Dimboola

I think horsham will maintain the rest of there games in fine fasion. warrack to hold second spot afer a win next week over saints.
Ararat are running out of legs and will lose two weeks in a row to warrack and Dimboola. putting dimboola into the 5.

I think Dimmy do play two top 5 sides again though which makes it all the more interesting!

Toohey medal tips?

Pekin Seers and knott?

and goal kicking will go to ash clugston or lachie exell!

Thoughts?

End of year predictions?

Top 5:
Horsham
Warrack
Saints
Minyip-M
Dimboola

I think horsham will maintain the rest of there games in fine fasion. warrack to hold second spot afer a win next week over saints.
Ararat are running out of legs and will lose two weeks in a row to warrack and Dimboola. putting dimboola into the 5.

I think Dimmy do play two top 5 sides again though which makes it all the more interesting!

Toohey medal tips?

Pekin Seers and knott?

and goal kicking will go to ash clugston or lachie exell!

Thoughts?

Yep i just did the ladder predictor on the sportingpulse site & came up with the same top 5. I actually had Min/murt, Dimboola & Ararat all finishing on 32 pts. Ararats poor percentage will cost them imo.

Good to have such a close finish which keeps it exciting. There's no clear standout for the flag at this stage just whoever plays better on the day will win.

Toohey medal? I'll have a guess at Pekin, Seers or J.Delahunty. With Harrison & Knott leading early.

Goal kicking? Lachie Exell

2014 TEAM OF THE YEAR I.M.O

BP- Jake peters FB- Rhona Conboy BP- Ben Harrison

BF- Tyler Blake CHB- Peter Weir Back Flank - Tom Magee

W- John Wood Centre- Pat Knott W- Tom eckle

HFF- Beau Cosson CHF- Keiran Delahunty HFF- Jordy Burke

FP- Ash Clugston FF Lachie Exell FP- Gavin Kelm

R- Michael Rowe
RR- Nick Pekin
R- Andrew Seers

Interchange: Liam Cavanagh, Josh Rentsch, Joel Geue, Clayton Hinkley

Not b
2014 TEAM OF THE YEAR I.M.O

BP- Jake peters FB- Rhona Conboy BP- Ben Harrison

BF- Tyler Blake CHB- Peter Weir Back Flank - Tom Magee

W- John Wood Centre- Pat Knott W- Tom eckle

HFF- Beau Cosson CHF- Keiran Delahunty HFF- Jordy Burke

FP- Ash Clugston FF Lachie Exell FP- Gavin Kelm

R- Michael Rowe
RR- Nick Pekin
R- Andrew Seers

Interchange: Liam Cavanagh, Josh Rentsch, Joel Geue, Clayton Hinkley

Not bad, my changes would be:

Tom Magee for John Delahunty on HBF

And Sam Clyne & Daniel Mendes for Rentsch and Hinkley

Not b

Not bad, my changes would be:

Tom Magee for John Delahunty on HBF

And Sam Clyne & Daniel Mendes for Rentsch and Hinkley

Yeah I Did think of John Delahunty the whole time. But I played it to positions
and thought Tom Magee plays a better HBF than John Dela and Joel Geue.
( was other name i was going to put in)
Yep. I Agree Sam Clyne in for Hinkley. But do not rate Dan mendes over rentsch at all.

I.M.O ofcourse! everyone is aloud to have the same.

Rentsch has only played three or four games this year though, so hard to make a team of the year when he hasn't played. Great player when going though.

Also Delahunty got in the best playing in the backline in the interleague game earlier in the year so can quite easily be selected back there.

Anyway good team, would love to see that on ball brigade in action.

Pekin my tip for the toohey

Big final weekend coming up....

1st vs 2nd
4th vs 5th
6th vs 7th

Dimmy desperate to avoid missing finals, haven't beaten the Burras this year, but only been a couple of goals each occasion.
Ararat still a chance, but Stawell would certainly love to be the ones to put an end to their season.
Horsham vs Saints wont change week 1 of the finals, but still huge for Saints if they can get over the Dees again.
Eagles will possibly rest a few, but Nhill wont get within 100 anyway.

I'll go with:
Demons 19
Burras 19
Eagles 110
Rats 15

Big final weekend coming up....

1st vs 2nd
4th vs 5th
6th vs 7th

Dimmy desperate to avoid missing finals, haven't beaten the Burras this year, but only been a couple of goals each occasion.
Ararat still a chance, but Stawell would certainly love to be the ones to put an end to their season.
Horsham vs Saints wont change week 1 of the finals, but still huge for Saints if they can get over the Dees again.
Eagles will possibly rest a few, but Nhill wont get within 100 anyway.

I'll go with:
Demons 19
Burras 19
Eagles 110
Rats 15

There will be some great games this weekend and has been a great year for WFL. I have a feeling that Stawell will actually beat Ararat this week but I think Dimboola will get done by MM, which will keep Dimboola in the five. Not that I think Dimboola will last too long in the finals.
Good luck to all!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back