Anime/Manga you are currently watching/reading

Slowly getting the collection... damn they made enough lol
Skip the fillers.

They all run the same theme, young Naruto meets young ninja who is bitter, angry and alone. He's an outsider at his village but has immense power. Naruto ends up empathising said person and everyone lives happily ever after.

Depending on your age, it picks up a lot better in Shippuuden, plot wise.

It's not my favourite anime now, but I remember when I was like 9 years old and I stumbled onto a burnt disc with eps 1-25 of Naruto. I still remember watching them for the first time, this would have been like the first time I ever watched anime apart from the dubbed ones on Cheez TV, and it was amazing. Would have watched 1-25 like 5 times over, before I got internet :p

DoubleO7

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 15, 2008
Abroad
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Arsenal Football Club
Anime/Manga that I'm currently watching include:

Kuroshitsuji
The Legend of Korra (worst Avatar ever)
Naruto
One Piece
Bleach
Attack on Titan
SAO

It is the current vers!
Oh okay haha!

Yeah, it's great isn't it?

Completely agree that the pacing is so much better than every other long running Shonen.

I'm up to episode 90, but stopped watching as I read the manga and was really disappointed to how the final arc ends and it's ******* long as well :cry: This was a year ago though can't wait to marathon it, even though I know the ending.

Someone mentioned that they've rebooted the Hunter X Hunter manga? s**t gonna quickly go check that now.

bzt79.jpg

West Coast Weasel

Club Legend
Jan 25, 2013
Melbourne
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Seattle Sonics/OKC Thunder
Juggling a few different series at the moment

Hitsugi no Chaika aka Chaika Coffin Princess
JoJo's Bizarre Adventure
Sword Art Online II
Knights of Sidonia

Chaika has been entertaining, one of those shows that you can switch your brain off and just enjoy. Light hearted fantasy romp
JoJo is awesome, I'm watching an episode a week and really digging the art style. Blu-Ray on the big screen is glorious
SAO, will most likely ditch it, read the light novels and didn't particularly like the FPS MMO setting.
Sidonia is possibly the most depressing show I've seen in a long time. Bit like game of Thrones but in space. Would still recommend, just takes an episode or two to get used to the CG

Also reading Fairy Tail during my lunch breaks at work. Gotta love those work tablets

Blueboiiz

Club Legend
Apr 14, 2009
Melbourne
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Fc Barcelona, OKC Thunder
Finally caught up on Naruto after having like a 7 year hiatus, preferred reading the manga over re-watching as it was less time consuming.

Which got me thinking, do people reckon reading manga is more enjoyable than watching anime or vice versa?
I prefer reading the manga as the anime has a fair few fillers, i will watch most likely watch the action once Naruto is completed . Overall the series is getting dragged on too long IMO and some of the things happening are starting to get ridiculous .

Finally caught up on Naruto after having like a 7 year hiatus, preferred reading the manga over re-watching as it was less time consuming.

Which got me thinking, do people reckon reading manga is more enjoyable than watching anime or vice versa?
Nah.

But after watching the last few weeks of One Piece and Naruto, while watching shows like Hajime no Ippo and Major, I'm starting to see the drawbacks to long running animes that I much prefer like One Piece, Naruto, Fairy Tail.

I used to think that shows like Naruto and One Piece who have a lot of episodes, are much better due to getting more content. But it moves so slowly that virtually an episode, nothing really happens (which has been the case of the past few weeks). Whereas shows with 100 or so episodes, are not quite so long as the previously mentioned, but they don't waste an episode whatsoever, and you get more content than the standard 24 episode season.

Sep 21, 2011
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Orlando Magic
I prefer reading the manga as the anime has a fair few fillers, i will watch most likely watch the action once Naruto is completed . Overall the series is getting dragged on too long IMO and some of the things happening are starting to get ridiculous .
Yeah the story is getting wayyy too ridiculous at this point in time, but I heard the series will be wrapped up in 3-4 months according to one of my friends so we'll see.

Watched 20-odd eps of Hajime no Ippo and although it's amazing I sorta got bored with the notion of watching for some reason (my attention span must be shortening or something haha) so I decided to read it instead. Find manga to be more exciting for some reason and easier to get through. I'll probs watch Ippo again after I've finished reading but yeah atm I'm prefering manga > anime.

Sep 21, 2011
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Orlando Magic
Nah.

But after watching the last few weeks of One Piece and Naruto, while watching shows like Hajime no Ippo and Major, I'm starting to see the drawbacks to long running animes that I much prefer like One Piece, Naruto, Fairy Tail.

I used to think that shows like Naruto and One Piece who have a lot of episodes, are much better due to getting more content. But it moves so slowly that virtually an episode, nothing really happens (which has been the case of the past few weeks). Whereas shows with 100 or so episodes, are not quite so long as the previously mentioned, but they don't waste an episode whatsoever, and you get more content than the standard 24 episode season.
Yeah I agree with what you're saying too to be fair.

Back