News Trigg to be Carlton CEO.

Remove this Banner Ad

i agree .......i think though he was looking for fresh surroundings free of any tainting .........the fact 3 clubs had him on their radar suggests his management have been active in allerting people of his availability
Being on St.Kilda's radar is hardly a positive, I think they'd be happy if I applied!

He is GONE but due to the massive draft losses unfortunately he won't be forgotten.

If you want to gauge his damage to our list, delete the five worse players from our list and add in five players drafted between picks 8 and 28 - make a difference to our list, hmmmm?

And let's not forget getting rid of one of the best recruiters in the business who was immediately snapped up by the McGuires, I mean Collingwood. They couldn't give a stuff about what Rendell supposedly said in private, they could see the value in an ace recruiter. Trigg pathetically buckled!

Very enjoyable reading over on the Carlton Board. Some willing to wait and see, the majority shocked, bemused, angry, p1ssed off.

Rubbish, Robbo is just pissed because no-one will give his boy Hird a second chance.

Did you read the article?

It was about mud sticking. Ian Robson won't be able to walk into any club without that raising it's ugly head.

Did you read the article?

It was about mud sticking. Ian Robson won't be able to walk into any club without that raising it's ugly head.
Yes I read it. I also read the last line that puts the rest into context. ;) Also, Ian Robson has a good job in the A league I believe.

Well, outside of SA, nobody has cared about the Tippett saga since the Essendon story broke. Even within SA, the only people who give a s**t about Trigg are the diehards, the average supporter couldn't care less.

Nice of you to so succinctly summarise the feelings of the average supporter baccs. Is there any other group of thousands upon thousands of people that you speak on behalf of?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Bloody hell, Just admit you got it wrong.
No I didn't. I've followed Robbo extensively over the last 18 months due to the Essendon doping scandal. He is mightily pissed that Hird won't be welcomed back. That is the only reason for that story. IMO.

No I didn't. I've followed Robbo extensively over the last 18 months due to the Essendon doping scandal. He is mightily pissed that Hird won't be welcomed back. That is the only reason for that story. IMO.

What was that about being an old fart you said to big fella? well, look in the mirror.

What do you mean. He has a contract with essendon and will be returning yo coaching next year. Who has denied him a second chance so far. And don't bother listing future chances denied, only events that gave already occurred.

This was the reason for Robbos' article:

The forgiveness for James Hird is not forthcoming despite no findings yet on whether Essendon players took banned drugs or not.

Robbo has been Hird's fanboi through all of this. This is ALL about Hird. Ok, maybe a little about Trigg. ;)

This was the reason for Robbos' article:

The forgiveness for James Hird is not forthcoming despite no findings yet on whether Essendon players took banned drugs or not.

Robbo has been Hird's fanboi through all of this. This is ALL about Hird. Ok, maybe a little about Trigg. ;)

Hird might think he can roll in with all forgotten and find it isn't the case. He might have to resign from the dons in 12 months time. If he goes to another club, will the stench stay at essendon or will it follow him to the afl club that employs him next. It's a valid article and hird hasn't been denied a single thing yet.

The majority of the story was correct - the conclusion & Robbo's belief that Hird should be able to come back into the AFL is just so, so wrong!!

Hird might think he can roll in with all forgotten and find it isn't the case. He might have to resign from the dons in 12 months time. If he goes to another club, will the stench stay at essendon or will it follow him to the afl club that employs him next. It's a valid article and hird hasn't been denied a single thing yet.
... but Hird should have been kicked out of the AFL!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back