Rumour Bicks to head back to a media role?

Remove this Banner Ad

Thanks for clearing that up.
It felt like you were telling me what I was thinking... and now youve confirmed it.
Most of us pumping roos tires are nit being all that serious. Take a breath.
I think some of you are... that's the scary thing. :D
But, ok I will breathe.

I don't think anyone has ever described Jim Hazel as a yes man. He is the sort of person that is willing to rock the boat if required. The third member of the subcommittee is Bob Foord.

Listening to Triggy gave me the impression that Nigel is over the line. Triggy essentially said that Nigel had been groomed for the role.Can our Board be that stupid? Yes they can. Steven Trigg indicated that it was preferable for a person with a football background to take the role. Hopefully it doen't mean that it also has to be a former Adelaide player

Harvey was in Adelaide last week. He had a speaking gig at a footy club with Sando, but I wonder if there was any coincidence with the timing?
Further, Harvey is on record as saying he wants to get back into footy.

Why not get him in now! Why wait when we have a vacancy?

I don't think anyone has ever described Jim Hazel as a yes man. He is the sort of person that is willing to rock the boat if required. The third member of the subcommittee is Bob Foord.

Listening to Triggy gave me the impression that Nigel is over the line. Triggy essentially said that Nigel had been groomed for the role.Can our Board be that stupid? Yes they can. Steven Trigg indicated that it was preferable for a person with a football background to take the role. Hopefully it doen't mean that it also has to be a former Adelaide player

I really, really hope this isn't the case. Please, not Smart. We have a massive opportunity to do this bloody properly and get the person to lead our club to its next premierships. Smart just is not that person IMO.

Yes would love Harvey for Bailey's old role. Absolutely perfect IMO plus would be happy to be here, been involved in some great clubs in his time.

I really, really hope this isn't the case. Please, not Smart. We have a massive opportunity to do this bloody properly and get the person to lead our club to its next premierships. Smart just is not that person IMO.
in go the guts we trust, seriously,
Save Adelaide,
sack Nigel

Maybe, but i bet when he applied for the senior coach he had a burning desire. I remember Kim Beasley making his pledge to Australia when last gunning for pm. He was enthused, he was raring to go, he was rolling up his sleeves and committed to serving Australia. He lost, retired to the back bench and faded into obscurity. It's a weak out, give me everything or I'll take nothing. Can't respect that.

It also could be that after applying and not even being close to being in contention for a head role, he's realised he doesn't have what it takes and has decided a new career path?

He may juts find himself wanting to take an easier job and spend more time with his family?

You can't begrudge a man that.....

Harvey was in Adelaide last week. He had a speaking gig at a footy club with Sando, but I wonder if there was any coincidence with the timing?

I'm not so sure...

Ok, I'm convinced!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Further, Harvey is on record as saying he wants to get back into footy.

Why not get him in now! Why wait when we have a vacancy?
Perhaps Harvey has other commitments he's reluctant to drop on short notice. At this point I'm willing to wait personally, I'm not sure he could have a lot of impute now that the season is at where it is anyway.

I'm just happy that things are finally starting to change, on the board, the administration and highly likely in the coaches box as well. I'm starting to feel a whole lot more enthusiastic about our future than I have in a long time.

The club absolutely MUST make some sort of coaching changes at the end of the year. I'd like to see both Campo & Bicks moved aside, but I can't see the club making that many changes in the off season, especially considering we're now looking for a new CEO as well.

Listening to Triggy gave me the impression that Nigel is over the line. Triggy essentially said that Nigel had been groomed for the role.Can our Board be that stupid? Yes they can. Steven Trigg indicated that it was preferable for a person with a football background to take the role. Hopefully it doesn't mean that it also has to be a former Adelaide player

It's funny but I felt the EXACT opposite when Trigg mentioned Smart. He said he would make a good CEO one day. His time isn't now, goes to show you that people can hear what they want from the same piece of information. Not saying you're wrong at all just that I heard a different tone.

As for Mark Harvey coming in, id welcome it and it does make sense. From an interview he did last week it sounded as if that might be a topic of conversation. An air of change is flowing through the club, exciting times.

Not if the board had skeletons in the closet that you were willing to expose, and you had the backing of the public, the players, past players, sponsors, influential supporters and so on.

So you think Roo has the goods on some members of the board and would be willing to go public with the info? He'd risk destroying the club he loves and also a few lawsuits for defamation.
I'm glad change is happening at the club and hopefully we will get a crackerjack CEO from outside the club, but to put the change down to Roo joining the board where he has been for five minutes probably means you have not been a member of a board in the past. I have, and from my experience you simply can't operate the way people are suggesting Roo is operating.

It's funny but I felt the EXACT opposite when Trigg mentioned Smart. He said he would make a good CEO one day. His time isn't now, goes to show you that people can hear what they want from the same piece of information. Not saying you're wrong at all just that I heard a different tone.

I heard that tone at first too... but I thought by the end he was blowing a bit of Smart is the one. Could be wrong, but I am not as confident as I was that Smart wont be it.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back