Opinion Mick Malthouse

What is the next move on Mick?

• Sack him immediately; replacement coach to see out the year.

Votes: 192 48.9%
  • Let him coach out the year then show him the door.

Votes: 70 17.8%
  • Sign him now to give coaches and players some direction.

Votes: 81 20.6%
  • Not sure yet... still too angry to think clearly.

Votes: 50 12.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
2010, 2011... So long ago, need to get out the archaeological tools to determine what other coaching methods we can steal from this bygone era
Mick's coaching flags: 1992 and 1994 (with a rather talented side) and 2010. He had a great record with the Pies thru the noughties with 5 GF appearances. However the Blues are a different proposition as several coaches have found in the noughties. I will quite happily eat a Pepperoni pizza and admit I was wrong if he wins a flag with the Blues (BTW...I absolutely hate Pepperoni)

For whatever weaknesses Malthouse has, I find it almost laughable that a Carlton fan would attempt to seriously criticise him, considering where we are and have been. He is the most valuable proven commodity we have, and can rely on for the next few years. His presence will expose any flaws we have throughout the club, particularly our football department, and even at admin level (which we'll find out soon enough, with Trigg's presence).

I suspect some just want to have apop at him because he's not a "Carlton man". Well, that's exactly what we need. lol @ giving a s**t what the media think. They're all a bunch of nuffies (including the Carlton supporters).

Mick's coaching flags: 1992 and 1994 (with a rather talented side) and 2010. He had a great record with the Pies thru the noughties with 5 GF appearances. However the Blues are a different proposition as several coaches have found in the noughties. I will quite happily eat a Pepperoni pizza and admit I was wrong if he wins a flag with the Blues (BTW...I absolutely hate Pepperoni)
Collingwood where a basket case and winning spoons when he took over.

Are we still busy here? Haven't we picked this carcass clean yet?

00488g.jpg

What am I reading? Our third quarter capitulation against the Swans was the result of Mick being mean to a boundary line reporter?

My flabber is suitably gasted.

What am I reading? Our third quarter capitulation against the Swans was the result of Mick being mean to a boundary line reporter?

My flabber is suitably gasted.

Kade Simpson was directly asked about it on Triple M radio last weekend and said it absolutely didn't effect any of them. So I guess that should put that theory to bed...

Kade Simpson was directly asked about it on Triple M radio last weekend and said it absolutely didn't effect any of them. So I guess that should put that theory to bed...

Are you a psychologist?

Posttraumatic stress disorder
[note 1] (PTSD) may develop after a person is exposed to one or more traumatic events, such as sexual assault, warfare, serious injury, threats of imminent death or witnessing a cranky Mick barrage that result in feelings of intense fear, horror, and powerlessness.[1] The diagnosis may be given when a group of symptoms, such as disturbing recurring flashbacks, avoidance or numbing of memories of the event, and hyperarousal, continue for more than a quarter after the occurrence of traumatic event

If you want to find out which players were affected, look at the tapes in the third quarter and check for signs of hyper-arousal.

For whatever weaknesses Malthouse has, I find it almost laughable that a Carlton fan would attempt to seriously criticise him, considering where we are and have been. He is the most valuable proven commodity we have, and can rely on for the next few years. His presence will expose any flaws we have throughout the club, particularly our football department, and even at admin level (which we'll find out soon enough, with Trigg's presence).

I suspect some just want to have apop at him because he's not a "Carlton man". Well, that's exactly what we need. lol @ giving a s**t what the media think. They're all a bunch of nuffies (including the Carlton supporters).

/end thread

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Can you really imagine Kade Simpson saying "Yeah that was terrible from Mick, he then came in and gave all of us a serve as well, really put us off our game, no doubt he was at fault". LOL

That said whilst it's a possibility, it's just a possibility. ;)

Can you really imagine Kade Simpson saying "Yeah that was terrible from Mick, he then came in and gave all of us a serve as well, really put us off our game, no doubt he was at fault". LOL

Do you ever believe anything that anyone says? He was asked a direct question and gave a direct answer. I've had limited dealings with Simpson on a personal level but he has always come across to me in the media as an honest individual. Had it actually been an issue he could have said so in a diplomatic way.

In Trigg we trust.

He had the courage to appoint a first-time coach in Sanderson. If he feels it's time to move Mick on at the end of 2015, I'd back him to make the right decision.

It is also possible that most of our players stayed in the rooms at half time and we projected holographic images on to the ground in their place. Might explain why it was so easy for Sydney to run around us, or through us for that matter. Not likely, but it's a possibility.

Do you ever believe anything that anyone says?

In the football world to the media? Not usually no.

He was asked a direct question and gave a direct answer. I've had limited dealings with Simpson on a personal level but he has always come across to me in the media as an honest individual. Had it actually been an issue he could have said so in a diplomatic way.

Not really but TBH if it had have turned out that way re Mick blasting the players I'm pretty sure it would've leaked out by now.

I'm sorry, I don't understand what point you're pushing here.

Perhaps it hasn't leaked because it didn't effect them?

Yes that's what I meant. If it had have gone that way I'm sure one of Mick's hunters ie. Robbo or Caroline Wilson would be using it against him by now.

I had a post of mine deleted the other day where I pointed out a poster had contradicted themselves. There's definitely one sided moderating or should I call it 'protective moderating' going on.
You are kidding yourself. Absolutely kidding yourself.

I get the feeling BF is not for you. Perhaps you would be better suited to Talking Carlton.

Just my view. He may have won a flag 4 years ago but how many years before that was his last one?
He was coaching Collingwood. It took some sort of coaching effort to win a premiership with that mob. Remember only one other coach has achieved this in the last 50 years & he was a pretty handy coach himself.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back