Hot Topic The President, CEO & the Board - CARLTON SUPPORTERS ONLY!!!

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's early days for our new Chairman and pre-operational days for our new CEO. I will watch both with intense interest.
Incredible post.

It's early days for our new Chairman and pre-operational days for our new CEO. I will watch both with intense interest.

tumblr_inline_mkkdsonPq91qz4rgp.gif

If we get done for salary cap infringements thanks to Trigg... I am done with Carlton!

For the time being, I am going to give him the benefit of the doubt.

PS: It should be noted that Carlton is the most scrutinised club in the league in terms of salary cap.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I would feel a lot better if we had someone with a fresh outlook and a positive track record. For example, the WS Wanderers CEO from the A League. Not saying we could have got him (who knows if he wanted to leave), but what he's done within a couple of years there - that's the sort of CV you want your new CEO to have, the cream of the crop, one you'd expect to find after looking "under every rock" and searching "around the globe". I mean, there are a lot of rocks in the world!

Add to that, there's no lingering 'boys club' connections to leave a bitter taste in your mouth - regardless of whether they played a part or not.

Hopefully it all works out, but it feels like much of the same; in relation to both Trigg and LoGiudice. Just reeks of the same old school mentality that has kept us mired in mediocrity for so long. In fact, why did Trainor leave? We finally get one young executive with a modern & entrepreneurial outlook and he vanishes as soon as the new Presidente takes over. I'm not saying we're doomed as this is pure speculation, but this has all the hallmarks of our previous failures, and once bitten, twice, thrice shy.

Trust Robbo to leverage sympathy for Tird in an article about Trigg

http://www.news.com.au/sport/afl/ne...move-to-victoria/story-fndv7pj3-1226997903102

In fairness to Robbo it would have been the height of hypocrisy to not mention Hird. It's just the way he goes about it.

In an article that criticises Carlton for the appointment and shows no forgiveness for the club for past sins he laments the fact that there has been no forgiveness for his bestie.

Here's a news flash for him. James Hird was charged with, and accepted, bringing the game into disrepute and was suspended for 12 months. You could say he has served his penance and deserves what Robbo will not give Trigg ie. forgiveness. BUT James Hird has not yet been exonerated of overseeing the wide scale use of prohibited drugs. Until he receives this exoneration neither he nor Robbo should expect forgiveness.

However the ASADA case was, and still is, continuing when the EFC announced an extension of Hird's contract which I think was fully endorsed by EFC apologists like Robbo. To try to link these two appointments is drawing the longest bow in history.

Not sure what comments Kennett has made publicly about the EFC drug saga but I'd presume it wouldn't have been positive towards Essendon, wonder if Robbo would have been so quick to quote him then.

I'm on the fence about the Trigg appointment, don't know enough about him to form an opinion but the reaction from a goose like Robbo makes me think that it may be a masterstroke. Go for it Blues.

I just got this from the club...Form letter or not, at least they responded I suppose.

Thank you for taking the time to make contact and provide feedback regarding the appointment of Steven Trigg as the Carlton Football Club’s new Chief Executive Officer.
We certainly can respect and appreciate the range of views expressed by Mr. Trigg’s appointment.
The Club undertook a widespread international search, which included a full background research on all candidates and was endorsed by the AFL and we have secured Mr. Trigg as CEO to lead the Carlton Football Club. Mr. Trigg has been at the Adelaide Crows for nearly two decades including more than 12 years as CEO and comes highly recommended and with full support from the AFL.
We understand your concerns, however we strongly believe that we have made the correct decision for the Club moving forward.
Should you have any further queries, please do not hesitate to contact myself via return email. Alternatively you can contact Membership Services directly on 1300 CARLTON (1300 227 586).

I just got this from the club...Form letter or not, at least they responded I suppose.

Thank you for taking the time to make contact and provide feedback regarding the appointment of Steven Trigg as the Carlton Football Club’s new Chief Executive Officer.
We certainly can respect and appreciate the range of views expressed by Mr. Trigg’s appointment.
The Club undertook a widespread international search, which included a full background research on all candidates and was endorsed by the AFL and we have secured Mr. Trigg as CEO to lead the Carlton Football Club. Mr. Trigg has been at the Adelaide Crows for nearly two decades including more than 12 years as CEO and comes highly recommended and with full support from the AFL.
We understand your concerns, however we strongly believe that we have made the correct decision for the Club moving forward.
Should you have any further queries, please do not hesitate to contact myself via return email. Alternatively you can contact Membership Services directly on 1300 CARLTON (1300 227 586).

Interesting that they responded so promptly.

Since Trigg was appointed, the club has been more more responsive.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back