Roast The media....*Shakes Head* Part 4

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Harry Thring (Today's great article - not even going to give it a link) Sorry if its been already brought up...

I normally try to avoid his so called footy articles but this guy has no F**king idea (Does some one actually paid him)

"Just three wins separate the fifth-placed Power from eighth spot, the same number that separates them from the ladder leading Swans."

mmmm ok Swans have played 16 games with 13 wins - Port have played 17 games with 12 wins

Yeah that adds up to 3...sort of...well...not really...but sounds good

Thring is the guy who insisted on calling Sam Russell "the ex-Carlton defender" until I tweeted him and his most recent reference was miraculously changed without so much as a favourite as quiet acknowledgement.

Obsolescent occupation.

Well it isnt all glum - Herald Sun & Robbo gave us this:

Salary cap cheat Steven Trigg quits Adelaide post to join Carlton as chief executive officer
http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/a...xecutive-officer/story-fni5f5nx-1226997889632
....... former Hawthorn president Jeff Kennett yesterday said Trigg’s move to the Blues from Adelaide shows the AFL has learnt nothing from three years of scandal.
“Cheating the salary cap ... I mean what could be worse,” Kennett told the Herald Sun.
On my standard of governance he would have been sacked and unable to work again in the AFL because it was such a blatant abuse of the rules.
“This is just another indication that if you are a mate (of the AFL), if you are a friend of the inner circle, it doesn’t matter what you’ve done.” ....
:thumbsu:

Harry Thring (Today's great article - not even going to give it a link) Sorry if its been already brought up...

I normally try to avoid his so called footy articles but this guy has no F**king idea (Does some one actually paid him)

"Just three wins separate the fifth-placed Power from eighth spot, the same number that separates them from the ladder leading Swans."

mmmm ok Swans have played 16 games with 13 wins - Port have played 17 games with 12 wins

Yeah that adds up to 3...sort of...well...not really...but sounds good

But, unlike the majority of us, Harry only has four digits on his hand. 60% of 4 is 2.4 which he has conveniently rounded up to 3.

That's sound logic isn't it?

We aren't going to get Cameron. We just dont have enough to give to get him. He cant get to us via the PSD and we would never be able to work out a trade.
In normal circumstances maybe not but GWS' needs are a bit different than most... They've got the cream already. They need role players now to make the side functional.

And spurn the opportunity to have any sort of a legacy?

They may eventually play in finals and even win a flag someday, but who the hell is going to care at any stage down the track? Not even their heartland would give two shits.

Go literally anywhere else and you can potentially have it all.

Cash, trophies and a legend.

Quite so. Who remembers Malcolm Blight the Woodville forward?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We aren't going to get Cameron. We just dont have enough to give to get him. He cant get to us via the PSD and we would never be able to work out a trade.

We absolutely do have enough. It will depend on what we're willing to give up.

You know when a trade is fair because both parties sort of feel like they might be getting a bit screwed. If we're really in for him, expect us to offer up a player that a lot of us would have considered off limits, plus probably another first 22 player and a draft pick.

It will hurt at first, before Cameronmania takes over. But if we can get it done, we'll have the most second most exciting and marketable player in the game after Franklin, and he plays a position where we are probably most in need.

We absolutely do have enough. It will depend on what we're willing to give up.

IMO we'd be giving something to Richo at St Kilda to get a pick to give to GWS.
We don't still have Barry Brooks do we?

Although it would hurt, the only player I wouldnt trade is Boak. Everyone else i'd be ok with to get Cameron. And yes whilst some say 'its a family, would ruin our culture etc', there arent many premiership teams that werent built on trades.

Although it would hurt, the only player I wouldnt trade is Boak. Everyone else i'd be ok with to get Cameron. And yes whilst some say 'its a family, would ruin our culture etc', there arent many premiership teams that werent built on trades.

I'd probably add Trengove to this but that would be it.

I was talking to mate about this earlier and I said exactly the same thing. Boak is it. Everyone else is fair game. You'd assume the likes of Gray, Wingard and Wines would be our next most valuable but to get a player like Cameron we're going to have to give someone up that will sting.

A trade such as Wines+Jonas+FirstPick or Westhoff+Hartlett+FirstPick is probably Cameron's worth. But how often do you get the chance to trade in a player like Jeremy Cameron, who is probably the 2nd most exciting and marketable player in the league after Buddy?

I don't want any of these guys to go and it would hurt to see them go but Jeremy Cameron in a Port guernsey has too much upside to not throw the kitchen sink.

Wines and Wingard. Could you imagine how much they could hurt us when they finally mature if we traded them off now?

The other issue is getting a good Port player to agree to go. GWS didn't pick Wingard in the draft because of the noises he made. I doubt he's had a change of heart.
Even so Chad would be off limits you'd think. Part of our next premiership.

You don't trade locals. In this day and age of go hone factor we must place ourselves in a better position than the neighbours or Polec and Ebert could be lining up in Tingles colours

Sent from my Lumia 800 using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back