News Welcome to Carlton Steven Trigg

Remove this Banner Ad

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2014-07-22/trigg-moves-to-carlton

DEPARTING Adelaide CEO Steven Trigg will continue on at West Lakes in a limited capacity for a month before filling the vacant CEO role at Carlton.

Trigg has held the top job at the Crows for more than 12 years, and despite claiming in February that he had "unfinished business" at the club, he said the timing of the opportunity to join the Blues was out of his control.

Before joining Carlton, Trigg said he would seek to close several commercial projects for the Crows but wouldn't involve himself in any meetings or decisions that could amount to a conflict of interest, such as list management.

He said he had been thinking about the end of his tenure at the club more "over the past six months in particular" and, more recently, the lure of joining the Blues had proved impossible to ignore.

"A few weeks back an opportunity arose…[it] started to resonate and resonate more and more," he said.
"The pure logic in joining a great club in the form of Carlton, I just couldn't get it out of my head and it progressed from there.

Welcome to the best club in the land.:thumbsu:

Not a bad idea to have some balance to the initial shock.

He can now be judged on what he does at Carlton. Definitely starting from a negative PR position, and the likes of Eddie McChins and Slobbo are having their digs about it already, but aside from choosing to take the jibes to get him in, Carlton are not responsible for anything Trigg has done in the past.

I only hope he treats the supporter base with more respect than he apparently did with the Crows supporters.

He can now be judged on what he does at Carlton. Definitely starting from a negative PR position, and the likes of Eddie McChins and Slobbo are having their digs about it already, but aside from choosing to take the jibes to get him in, Carlton are not responsible for anything Trigg has done in the past.

I only hope he treats the supporter base with more respect than he apparently did with the Crows supporters.

Trigg says he has learnt some lessons from his time at the Crows, hopefull this is one of them.

Having said that, our fans are a bit more loveable than Crows ones.;)

Trigg says he has learnt some lessons from his time at the Crows, hopefull this is one of them.

Having said that, our fans are a bit more loveable than Crows ones.;)

Well sure. Plenty of cuddly types on this board. Nobody here would say anything to upset Trigg.

I've been thinking long and hard about this decision to bring him in...

What I am interested in is following the players who wear the jumper and the team's performance.
Welcome to Carlton Trigg - anyone who pisses Robbo off can't be all bad...

What would Eddie "the racist" know??? :p

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hoping Trigg makes some tough decisions considering where we are at on the ladder and teams like GWS on the rise. A few heads may roll but I am sure he will have our long term future in mind.
Boyd and Mitchell please!!!

Pull the trigger...............

At least it sounds better than "get it done swanny"

You sure? Must be the way I read it.

Trigger happy.

Hoping Trigg makes some tough decisions considering where we are at on the ladder and teams like GWS on the rise. A few heads may roll but I am sure he will have our long term future in mind.
Boyd and Mitchell please!!!

He shouldn't be involved in our recruiting. McKay, and a stand alone list manager should handle that. I have no desire to see a new boy start making contract decisions on his own. He isn't Carlton just because he walks in the door.

Get working on membership, marketing, sponsorship and home ground ASAP Trigg.

Firstly welcome Mr. Trigg.

Secondly, we know he won't repeat the mistakes of the past, so that's not a problem.

Next: It's clear what is required at the CFC and his work will be visible by way of attracting more members and sponsors.

After that: He has the endorsement of the AFL. May come across as a bit of a boys club thing but nothing wrong with being cosy with the big house.

Maybe most importantly though is that he doesn't have any ties to the families (yet, at least) and will have the spotlight on him for some time to come. That's a good thing.

Pretty good article.

This part backs up what I was saying;

6. Leave the football to the football people
It's usually the case that the best executives are the ones you barely notice, not the ones who get their name in the paper every other day. Administrative meddling has gotten Carlton nowhere in a decade and given Trigg's current profile, it's probably better he keeps himself out of the spotlight once the introductions are out of the way. His business now is getting the Carlton Football Club back on its feet and giving the football department the resources it needs to thrive.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back