News Trigg to be Carlton CEO.

Remove this Banner Ad

AJB84

Team Captain
Aug 18, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Adelaide
Not sure what you expect, the man is gone but the damage he did will be ongoing. Those 6 top draft picks won't magically reappear now Trigg is gone.
No amount of bitching a moaning will give us those picks back

If you guys put as much effort into solving problems as you do into moaning about problems then maybe something could be acheived.

rocket18

Brownlow Medallist
Aug 9, 2009
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Goody Saints
Actually it's a Trigg to be Carlton CEO thread, not a continuation grizzle and complain thread. You've got plenty of those already. Leave the BS for them.

Its a thread with Trigg in the title, you should expect to read about the damage he caused to the AFC.

Especially in the light of the spin he and Chapman are putting on Triggs "acheivements" - most of which are all attributable to the AO move.

Slippery Pete

Samcro24 alias account
Jul 19, 2010
AFL Club
Adelaide
Actually it's a Trigg to be Carlton CEO thread, not a continuation grizzle and complain thread. You've got plenty of those already. Leave the BS for them.

Arguing Jen-style, in eight easy to learn steps!

Step 1: Be wrong (VERY IMPORTANT)

Step 2: Argue for months anyway, name-dropping occasionally to give even more validity to your wrongness.

Step 3: Be proven wrong, over and over.

Step 4: Proclaim loudly you are leaving the thread, never to return.

Step 5: Return.

Step 6: Argue for a few more months. (optional)

Step 7: Tell people to "move on."

Step 8: Rinse, repeat.

rocket18

Brownlow Medallist
Aug 9, 2009
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Goody Saints

If you guys put as much effort into solving problems as you do into moaning about problems then maybe something could be acheived.

Well we hastened his departure!!

If Trigg and Chapman can spin the rubbish about his acheivements we are within our rights to bring up his real acheivements.

As has been pointed out many times, we as members have zero opportunity/impact on what the board/admin do. We can't put up a rival ticket to oust Chapman.

Step 2: Argue for months anyway, name-dropping occasionally to give even more validity to your wrongness.

Arguing Slippery Pete style:

Step 1: Be a jerk (MOST IMPORTANT). Makes you feel like such an internet hero.

Step 2: Attack poster when disagreeing with their opinion. Ridicule or belittle, either seems to work just as well.

Step 3: Refer back to step one.

AJB84

Team Captain
Aug 18, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Adelaide
Well we hastened his departure!!

If Trigg and Chapman can spin the rubbish about his acheivements we are within our rights to bring up his real acheivements.

As has been pointed out many times, we as members have zero opportunity/impact on what the board/admin do. We can't put up a rival ticket to oust Chapman.
It says a lot that you believe that

Not sure what you expect, the man is gone but the damage he did will be ongoing. Those 6 top draft picks won't magically reappear now Trigg is gone.
6??

wasn't it 4? (or are you including the ones that were offered for Tippett in 2011?)

OzSparrow

Club Legend
Aug 30, 2006
Melbourne
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Manly, Glenelg, Liverpool FC
I'm just pissed off he can't be made to leave immediately! He should have gone with Tippetgate.

He is a cancer to the club and, like a cancerous limb, he should be excised now not at the end of the season.

AJB84

Team Captain
Aug 18, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Adelaide

The strangest thing is that a common theme is you guys don't want a "YES MAN" in the job yet when someone come in a is not a "YES MAN" to your opinion you abuse them belittle them because they are not you little yes man.

rocket18

Brownlow Medallist
Aug 9, 2009
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Goody Saints
6??

wasn't it 4? (or are you including the ones that were offered for Tippett in 2011?)

4 with penalties and 2 with Tippett.

We were offered 1 first round and White from the Syds who knew about the dodgey contract, its not unreasonable to think that on the open market he would have been worth 2 first rounders.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Nov 24, 2007
DTC Frat House
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Team Lambda Variant
Can I do one?

Arguing Deaneus style:

Step 1: Get angry about something you don't really understand fully.

Step 2: Post diatribe about whatever makes you angry.

Step 3: Immediately reflect on your posting and realise you haven't given the issue enough thought

Step 4: Post an amusing picture from the internet in place of actual football knowledge

Step 5: Pray for external validation while you reflect on your miserable life

Am I doing it right?

Can I do one?

Arguing Deaneus style:

Step 1: Get angry about something you don't really understand fully.

Step 2: Post diatribe about whatever makes you angry.

Step 3: Immediately reflect on your posting and realise you haven't given the issue enough thought

Step 4: Post an amusing picture from the internet in place of actual football knowledge

Step 5: Pray for external validation while you reflect on your miserable life

Am I doing it right?
we are the same :)

you forgot step 6 - blame trigg for everything

OzSparrow

Club Legend
Aug 30, 2006
Melbourne
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Manly, Glenelg, Liverpool FC
WAAY too serious guys.

Here is a shot of Steven at his farewell party:

upload_2014-7-23_12-34-13.jpeg

boffo

Club Legend
Aug 7, 2006
AFL Club
Adelaide
So, he lied on a statutory declaration which is punishable by 4 years in jail, but he never went to jail. I'm pretty sure you never gave me the answer to that one.

Jen, do you remember when we hired those high-priced lawyers and were going to fight this like crazy, all the way into the courts if necessary, and then a week or so later decided to plead guilty to all charges?

Strange and sudden change of strategy. Why?

The AFL just had to throw those stat decs on the table and it was all over. So 'we' plead guilty, take the penalties and keep it as all as quiet as possible.

Committing an offence doesn't lead to automatic jail, there has to be a complainant. The AFL of course did not want to involve the police or the courts but those stat decs gave it incredible leverage to get a satisfactory outcome i.e. a guilty plea from Trigg and the club.

[Those stat decs are standard practice in the AFL - they are submitted by club officials when they submit the player contracts to the AFL. They declare there are no other arrangements with the player outside of the contract submitted to the AFL. It is meant to ensure there are no secret side deals (which is of course exactly what we had with Tippett.]

Mike Smyth

Cancelled
10k Posts
Oct 8, 2012
AFL Club
Adelaide

Can you solve the problem of the missing draft picks for me. It's a problem in desperate need of a solution.

AJB84

Team Captain
Aug 18, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Adelaide
Can you solve the problem of the missing draft picks for me. It's a problem in desperate need of a solution.
I said it in the trade thread last year we should have traded Douglas Last Year to someone like GWS for a first rounder push hard for free agents this year like we did for Betts last year. The way the supporters have supported Betts will boost others looking at coming over this is something that we as supporters can do.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back