St Kilda Vs Freo @ Etihad 4:40 round 18

Remove this Banner Ad

What a great day. Had a ball at the game, went for pancakes afterwards, watched a chunk of the replay on Fox when I got home, with the great cheerleading from the commentary box, then came on here and read this cracker of a thread from pretty much start to finish and had plenty of laughs.

It's days like these that make seasons like this so much more bearable. #doingitforlenny :thumbsu:

What a great day. Had a ball at the game, went for pancakes afterwards, watched a chunk of the replay on Fox when I got home, with the great cheerleading from the commentary box, then came on here and read this cracker of a thread from pretty much start to finish and had plenty of laughs.

It's days like these that make seasons like this so much more bearable. #doingitforlenny :thumbsu:

Glad you saved that performance for Freo and not us last round !

Last week was just a bit of a warm up. We actually were on top for periods of our game last week and were much more competitive than we had been of late, but were abysmal when kicking for goal, whereas this week we put it all together for the first time since our 3 wins early in the year and didn't let the poor kicking for goal return until we were over 70 points up!

Our game yesterday just makes me wonder how our season might have gone had we not been crunched by so many injuries from about R6 onwards and if we'd had someone like Sam Fisher out there for the whole year. I don't think it's any coincidence that we've been so much more competitive in these two games since he returned from over a year on the sidelines. Our backline just works so much better when he's in it and anywhere near full fitness and top form.

Last week was just a bit of a warm up. We actually were on top for periods of our game last week and were much more competitive than we had been of late, but were abysmal when kicking for goal, whereas this week we put it all together for the first time since our 3 wins early in the year and didn't let the poor kicking for goal return until we were over 70 points up!

Our game yesterday just makes me wonder how our season might have gone had we not been crunched by so many injuries from about R6 onwards and if we'd had someone like Sam Fisher out there for the whole year. I don't think it's any coincidence that we've been so much more competitive in these two games since he returned from over a year on the sidelines. Our backline just works so much better when he's in it and anywhere near full fitness and top form.

Their would've been much more competitive performances, but the Saints would still be competing for the spoon.

Great win though, perfect for Lenny.

Their would've been much more competitive performances, but the Saints would still be competing for the spoon.
I wasn't suggesting that we'd have been in finals contention or anything, but after the way we started the season (when we won 3 of our first 5 and then lost the next week by 3 points) I think we would have surprised most with how competitive we would been most weeks, had we had a decent run with injury. We had a couple of crucial injuries early in the game we lost to Brisbane by 3 points in R6, including Riewoldt- who badly hurt his knee and spent the rest of the night hobbling, after starting the season like a house on fire- and then we had a couple more very winnable games in the next 5 or so weeks, but just weren't able to field competitive enough teams, because we had the longest injury list in the AFL at the time, so it wouldn't have surprised me in the least if we'd had 5 or 6 wins up before yesterday if we'd had a decent run with injury this year and that would have put us off the bottom.

It's just been one of those years though and I guess having all these injuries has at least given us the chance to have a look at almost our whole list (we've already played 40 this year), which will hopefully help us going forward.

Great win though, perfect for Lenny.
It was indeed and that wasn't even our tribute match to him, that comes in 2 rounds time, v WB!

Lol @ Longer pointing at the scoreboard.
Bs5WUoBCAAA6rT7.jpg

BT says NTTAWWTter and there are calls to sack him and banish him from society.

Sandy says bugger (which means to sodomise for the uneducated) and it's brilliant.

BF at it's finest.

Bugger this also means stuff this. Context.

Although I'm sure you knew all this.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It was nice of the network to let the Saints cheersquad do the commentary for Lenny's retirement game.
I accept they got excited for an upset, its natural, heard a few sneaky "YES!" as saints kick goals from the commentary team. Strangely that didn't bother me as much as Eddie continually saying the Saints fans were on their toes. I could see them on their feet, what, were they all wearing stilettos?

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back