List Mgmt. Free agency/trade/draft discussion (READ OP FIRST)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Herald Sun can reveal Tippett will sign only a 2 year deal. He lodged a short agreement for fear he might be picked up by a rival club.
He will sign a deal between 800 , 000 and 1 million in the first year , but significantly less in the 2nd

The Herald Sun can reveal Tippett will sign only a 2 year deal. He lodged a short agreement for fear he might be picked up by a rival club.
He will sign a deal between 800 , 000 and 1 million in the first year , but significantly less in the 2nd
Amazingly despite being suspended for half of 2013 he is likely to play more games than in 2014

Alex fasolo could be a good target. very talented player but hasn't regained his top form since his injuries the past 18 months. Still a very young player and I could see us getting the best out if him

Malceski has gone. He can get more money elsewhere. Bit of a loss but can be covered ok.
Rumour Sam Reid might go to St Kilda for their 1st round draft pick

Malceski has gone. He can get more money elsewhere. Bit of a loss but can be covered ok.
They'll give up pick #1 for him? Wowee.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

reid trade won't happen. Richardson is on record saying they will be using the draft and not recruitment going forward. I wouldn't take that trade anyway.

reid trade won't happen. Richardson is on record saying they will be using the draft and not recruitment going forward. I wouldn't take that trade anyway.
we won't be using free agency any time soon until 2016 at the earliest, we will be going to the draft along with trading is what he said actually. i wouldn't make much of that Reid stuff anyway it's just the funny season ;).

That is incredibly worrying, wonder why there hasn't been any talk about him being out of contract this year?

As I see it the only thing that can derail us from being competitive deep into the finals is trade talk. Eddie's nonsense doesn't affect players. But the spotlight getting thrown on players can have an impact. Already Frawley is falling off a cliff form wise. Tippet struggled in 2012. Cloke had a shocking year leading to his deal. Eddie Betts? Yeesh. The list goes on.

Personally I'm happy Mal has left off talks. To me that shows he's focused on not letting next year get in the way of the task ahead.

Reid, Bird, Mitchell, Tippett, Mal - it's an all out attack, not even contracted players are safe.

Pretty sure there'd be a lot of people out there happy to see the vultures circling our list.

If Mal goes he'll leave a hero. But I'm not prepared to assume he's gone just yet.

Who would honestly go after Mal though? The great thing about a lot of our players are that they are so good because of how well they work in our system. I can't see someone aggressively pursuing a 30-year old half back unless it's a Collingwood/North.

North yes, Essendon maybe, Geelong yes, Freo yes of the clubs Mal would be interesting in going to a club who couldnt play finals going forward over the length of the deal. Would rule out Melbourne and Carlton, while Collingwood and Hawthorn have a player in his role already making them unlikely to be clubs that would targeting him.

Rumours that both WA sides are interested in Malceski.

What do you guys think he would be demanding cash wise, we can easily afford it. Would allow Hurn to go into the middle a bit more as well.

Well Buckley effectively admitted via a non denial denial that the Pies are heavily into Frawley. So rule them out.

Rumours that both WA sides are interested in Malceski.

What do you guys think he would be demanding cash wise, we can easily afford it. Would allow Hurn to go into the middle a bit more as well.

Not sure on cash. More likely it would be contract length where he'll press offers

Not sure on cash. More likely it would be contract length where he'll press offers

I'd be happy with a good money two year deal and less on a third.

Thought this was an interesting translation of the "No dickhead policy" according to Brendan Rodgers at Anfield:

“The character is important. It is not just about the player, but the right type of person. I want players that are committed to the cause to make Liverpool the best we can be. I want players resting when they should be resting, training hard and working hard and focusing on their life as footballers. We have brought in those types. It is footballing qualities and human qualities we want.”

Source:
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/fo...-star-names-says-manager-Brendan-Rodgers.html

Pantskyle,

We've been going softly softly on Mal because of his knee history. We might have offered him only 1 year last time? Same issue we had with Mummy who also had body problems. But then GWS offered unbelievable money so it was a no brainer for him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back