List Mgmt. Blair Hartley Project - 2014 - 5 list spaces confirmed

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's closer to $500k a season if I'm told correctly.

In my opinion, he's not done enough to get that much now but he's got the talent to be earning more if that makes sense. So a genuine gamble.

The club who gets him will be paying that and for a long term deal. We got to ask, by getting him, would it be a missing piece to our midfield to take us to the next level?

Carlton want to win this race the most. They are desperate to make a few statements this off season. I have them $1.20 favourites.

Edit my last post - $500k?!?!?!?

good news on the blues, probably will see them overbidding and causing no end of long term list management probs

Said it earlier - but HTF can the Swans be remotely under the cap with Buddy, Tippett, and Mitchell all on $1m, $800k, and $500k? Are the rest being paid in Skittles?

Correction $500+

That's an offer for him we'd need to beat. 5 year deal too.
Couldnt bring myself to do it personally.

Parker I would consider, but not Mitchell at this point in time.

Couldnt bring myself to do it personally.

Parker I would consider, but not Mitchell at this point in time.

It would certainly be a risk. A gamble. But he's a high grade midfielder. At a very young age. 5 year deal doesn't even take him to his prime. Back load a contract so he's getting the majority of his money when he is in his peak and when the salary cap (my understanding is will go significantly up by 2018) is a lot bigger that a $700k a year deal won't be as significant as it is now.

It's an interesting test case to see the risk vs reward. Because of my understanding of the increase of salary cap and my understanding of the Franklin deal speaking to key players, I was for offering a 7 to 10 year deal for an absolute elite player like Fyfe. Anything to bring them to the club.

Mitchell is a kid, but has always shown signs of being absolutely top bracket.

He'd be Carltons best mid. Along with Gibbs and Murphy. How much is that worth?

Not saying I'm wanting him for that amount but I am all for being aggressive when chasing A graders. The impact of them is significant. While Dangerfield will cost you close to a million a year, will Mitchell be just as good for half that amount?

Risk vs Reward. It's why I love list management so much.

How do you heavily back-end a 9 year contract? That will hurt them in the long run. There is no way he'll still be playing in 9 years, meaning they'll have a chunk of their cap taken up paying a player who isn't playing.... It can't be that heavily back-ended.... perhaps slanted a bit.... towards paying him more in the middle part of his contract.
Wasn't there a clause that if he didn't play in the last 2 or 3 season's due to injury he wouldn't be paid?? So if he retires or is injured or what have you he won't be paid. Smart if you ask me.

Rohan could be a younger, better upgrade on Matty White and we are desperate for some genuine dash. I'd trade even consider trading more than just a 2nd rounder for Rohan. I think he can play and he is the sorta player we are desperate for.
I think he's a very average player at this point in time

Wasn't there a clause that if he didn't play in the last 2 or 3 season's due to injury he wouldn't be paid?? So if he retires or is injured or what have you he won't be paid. Smart if you ask me.

No, the AFL clarified that the Swans would be required to pay out his contract for 9 years. If they didn't it would have opened up a can of worms....

It's closer to $500k a season if I'm told correctly.

In my opinion, he's not done enough to get that much now but he's got the talent to be earning more if that makes sense. So a genuine gamble.

The club who gets him will be paying that and for a long term deal. We got to ask, by getting him, would it be a missing piece to our midfield to take us to the next level?

Carlton want to win this race the most. They are desperate to make a few statements this off season. I have them $1.20 favourites.
My recollection he was a very solid contributor for a young player coming in, not unlike what Miles has done for us, but he wasn't a superstar.

Would I pay him a similar amount to what we are paying Dusty, no I wouldn't.

Let Carlton win that battle.

Part of our strategy should be finding players that want to be part of the Tiger fold not because of the amount they are being paid but because they want to be part of the team. We will need to pay these players fair compensation but should avoid paying overs, or at least too far over the odds.

Not gonna disagree that he has been average as such. Still has a rod in his leg however which is severely limiting his playing abilities so far.

Doesn't look to have lost any pace whatsoever.

Does he have a rod in his brain? Maybe that is severely limiting his playing ability?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Doesn't look to have lost any pace whatsoever.

Does he have a rod in his brain? Maybe that is severely limiting his playing ability?

Could do? Not sure but playing with a rod in your leg could play with your mind

Edit my last post - $500k?!?!?!?

good news on the blues, probably will see them overbidding and causing no end of long term list management probs

Said it earlier - but HTF can the Swans be remotely under the cap with Buddy, Tippett, and Mitchell all on $1m, $800k, and $500k? Are the rest being paid in Skittles?
As I said earlier the word is Parker is looking for a rise, as he was in the 'do it for the bloods' category(around the 280k per year mark). he is the 1 we should target.

For myself, Parker, Mitchell & Shiel are in the right age bracket, also the footy ability for what we need to continue to build this club up again. I was happy to look at Frawley, but not for 7 years. Four years would be max for me with this age of player.

Wonder how long it'd take opposition sides to figure out a set play... Butcher to lead and mark, Dusty to run past for the hand off, kick and goal. Every time.
Not long after it's shown on Dimmas Dissection.:p

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back