Fantasy Cutthroat 2014 - Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Can't we just put a pin in that?

Not that anyone is going to draft their team on that analysis, but the impending conversations are a little unfair on the leagues that have stragglers
GG ratings will confuse other leagues, not help :)

His picks are usually 50/50 - he has his hits and misses. The exact same as listening to the fantasy experts on this board, on different sites or on through subscription guides. GG hits gold once in a while but he hits so much crap it isn't worth it.

I must admit I have liked his draft this time around.

(I feel like I need to take a shower after that comment)
I hate going LB early.
It's the same situation as DBs - you can throw a blanket over the lot of them. You can find potential top 5 LBs in the last two rounds. GG started strong but shot himself in the foot round 3 and 4.

I'll do the draft gradings tomorrow night, time pending too (always busy and get home 9pm), once I know the full squads for all teams.

It'll be based on a scaling system of 1-10 for each player.

10 being an elite player, down to 1 being a total bust -- a score which isn't likely to occur as most will be like 5-10 range.

Then add up the totals, and whomever has the most points gets the highest grade.

Will be judgment calls obviously on what a player is deemed.

For instance, at QB, players like Rodgers, Brees, Manning, Stafford will get a 10. Brady probably a 9. While players like Kaepernick, Bradford, etc will probably get around a 7. So you can kinda already see how your score is going to look as I look at all positions.

By the way if you throw a Texas Tuxedo on Woodson he looks and dances exactly like Shakin Stevens!! :thumbsu: :D

Phewwww... glad you said 'Texas' and not 'Toledo'... I can sleep at night.

We'll see what becomes of the damn Honey Badgers.. mongrel match up regardless how tardy his team looks... GG has also that uncanny ability to milk it from downtrodden teams. Never write off any of these sleepers.

Someone has to talk about something!!

Or we sit around and hold hands singing Kumbiyah.

Nothing wrong with pimping your roster and twirling ya towels!!

It's all cheap talk now so that's why I outsource my GM duties to others.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

How about wait til the drafts are done, as mentioned?

GG's ranking will be more of a curse than help for people still in the last few rounds!! GG has not done much in this format for years now and only won when there was like 10 teams total playing!

He will most likely give Skelton a 7 rating if he was drafted and Manziel an 8 on potential alone!!

:D

I hate these last three D picks. larkis can you just make my picks for me? You're the defensive genius around these parts.

For DL players you are looking for players with two-three years experience looking to explode onto the scene. Look at the players that have done reasonable well that could improve their game - usually near the end of their rookie contract. Three very good potential picks there if you take a small risk.

For DBs you want young and stupid players that will take a risk with stupid high scoring plays or experienced reliable veterans that know their limits.

But you've got the right attitude - remember to don't care. Most of the players you draft this late you should replace when they have a bad game on your team.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back