Hot Topic The President, CEO & the Board - CARLTON SUPPORTERS ONLY!!!

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
In Trigg I trust!!! By far the most standout candidate willing to come over. The club looked into every option from those outside of a footballing background, to those currently in the game and in the same roll at other clubs. We were close with one, but contractual arrangements prevented it from happening. Can I say that Triggs past hurts, sure there was one incident, however mostly Adelaide were/are a successful football club and he was leading that charge for a long time.

In Trigg I trust!!! By far the most standout candidate willing to come over. The club looked into every option from those outside of a footballing background, to those currently in the game and in the same roll at other clubs. We were close with one, but contractual arrangements prevented it from happening. Can I say that Triggs past hurts, sure there was one incident, however mostly Adelaide were/are a successful football club and he was leading that charge for a long time.

Its more than an incident. Its also his administrative record - the same year he got done for salary cap rorting he lost 2 million in sponsorship. His club went from league powerhouse to taking a million dollars a year in loans from the AFL to stay afloat. Memberships were down, and ended roughly neutral last year. As I said in the welcome thread, Im FAR from sold.

This makes me pretty happy. Any hints as to the identity of the one who was 'close'? Current AFL CEO? CEO from another sports code?

Expect an announcement in the near future (not too sure when) on the club trimming the board (as we have all been expecting). there might also be something which effectively says the club is being run by whoever has the deepest pockets and the board is still split.

Expect an announcement in the near future (not too sure when) on the club trimming the board (as we have all been expecting). there might also be something which effectively says the club is being run by whoever has the deepest pockets and the board is still split.

Nice to see this thread bumped again. Sounds like one faction is driving the other faction out. Still beholden to money men, just narrowing it down to one. Mathieson or Pratt?

How will the board be split if a family is driven out? Wouldn't there just be one side left?

How will the board be split if a family is driven out? Wouldn't there just be one side left?

That did occur to me as I was typing my theory but I went with it anyway.

The other option is that the two vice presidents will be Craig Mathieson and Jeanne Pratt. That would suggest that money is controlling everything and M-Lo is appeasing both camps. Those not aligned with either would be fuming.

So Mathieson is running the club.....f*****g great! :(

So Mathieson is running the club.....f*****g great! :(

M-Lo said he wasn't going to be dictated to by powerbrokers. This is a test. We can't run a professional organisation with wealthy fans reacting to everything and forcing change. It's up to the members to vote vote vote.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Somebody alluded to that here last week. Said former high profile club official and stadium head, which narrowed it down to Gough or Collo and Collo was unlikely.

Groundhog Day!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

M-Lo said he wasn't going to be dictated to by powerbrokers. This is a test. We can't run a professional organisation with wealthy fans reacting to everything and forcing change. It's up to the members to vote vote vote.

What else is he going to say ODN...
Until we tell guys like Mathiesons thanks but no thanks we're always going to be at the mercy of these power-brokers.

What else is he going to say ODN...
Until we tell guys like Mathiesons thanks but no thanks we're always going to be at the mercy of these power-brokers.

Indeed. Just pointing out that it takes more than hollow words to remain president of a club where members votes count. Be prepared to stand up to the powerbrokers and make this a members club again, or be prepared to lose votes ... IMO.

I believe it might be the Visy faction looking for more control this time or their money walks.

Sad state of affairs though if we need a mediator to sort out how our board works.

'The Log' has been on the board for a while so he is obviously aligned with one of the factions (Mathieson I think), that make it even messier.

Can't clean it up over night so am impartial mediator is a good move.

Hope m-lo pulls it off. Curbing their influence is step 1

When do we start generating income from the pokie deals? Don't like Matho now? Wait til the taps are turned on..he'll be omnipresent.
I'd rather go without

The truth is that people who like to go on Club Boards like to think that they are the leaders of tribe - chiefs if you like. However, you can't have too many chiefs and not enough Indians. The Carlton Board is a battle ground between two wealthy families who can afford to help the Club with ( what for them is) loose change - but ego is never far away.

Dick Pratt was correct in wanting to help the Club stand on its own two feet - however lots of things got in the way of the plan - including his sickness and ultimately his passing away. I suspect what Mrs Pratt gets out of the Club is different to what Dick Pratt did. No doubt however that Sticks Kernahan's time is seen by many on the Board as a wasted decade of fail - it wasn't as if Kernahan wasn't given time to get things right.

It would be good to see what the actual contribution of these 'benefactors' has been in hard dollars and corporate sponsorship.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back